GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Gamma Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   To Cherish Friendships With But A Chosen Few (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=22523)

UMgirl 08-23-2002 10:21 PM

To Cherish Friendships With But A Chosen Few

Do you know.....?

Sisters, who dont really know each other, except for what they write on a message board. But treat each other like they were from their own chapter? Even as if they were family?

Sisters, who come to the aid of another that they barely know with tremendous letters of support?

Sisters, that when hearing about another sister whom is going through a difficult and trying time in her life send cards or letters of encouragement and love?

Sisters, who when on Ebay, will see that another sister is bidding on the thing that she wants but won't outbid her? ;)

Sisters, who write all the songs that their chapter sings, and you know each and everyone of of them are singing along as they write and read them bursting at the seams?

Sisters, who get along as alumnae and collegians?

Sisters who can put some pretty interesting post (*ahem* Real Play Movies) up and not have to worry about it. They know no matter how their sisters might feel about it, they're laughing at it right with 'em? ;) :D :p

Sisters, who get together just to talk two times a week? Ranging from the most serious to the silliest things and sometimes about nothing... for hours?

Sisters, who call, PM and email another sister who they barely know anything about, just to see how they're doing?

Sisters, who send each other little gifts? Not caring about cost or getting paid back. But did it, just because you're connected by the word "sisters"?

Sisters, who will stop to visit another sister when they're on a trip?

Sisters, who will come to the aid of another sister when she is helping the bonds of sisterhood to grow and share this with new sisters?

Sisters, who give advice to each other whether it's personal or dealing with the sisterhood? Sisters who you know you can always talk to and will listen when you need them?

Sisters, who will cheer you up or encourage you to go for something?

Sisters, who may even kick a little a$$ and police for you? ;)

Sisters, who can agree to disagree without pettiness? Who can get along, but not get along and still be cool?

Sisters, of all different economic, racial, and religious backgrounds?

Sisters, who aren't afraid to correct or put each other in check?

Sisters, that in a time where their bond is coming under fire, whether it's something that has happened in the sorority or some other thing, instead of flaming back, hold themselves in dignified manner and poise and state the facts but will admitt to mistakes if made? Holding up to everything their Purpose stands for? Holding truth inviolable, sincerity essential and kindness invaluable. Possessing high ideals and attaining somewhat unto them. Coveting beauty in enviroment, manner, word and thought.

I know a board full of them. This one.

Sappy and corny, yeah I know. But I have been thinking lately (especially today since we did a lil getting to know yourself and others activity with the kids today) who much we all do on this board for each other. Ranging from little things to big things. We always talk about how positive our board is, and it truely is. And with a lot of stuff that has been going on with us as a sisterhood and just indiviually, I thought it might be nice to remind everyone what we do for each other and that you can always count on someone to be there.
In all honesty, how many people would do or think about doing half the stuff that was written above or other stuff we may do for people who they barely know? Let alone people they actually know? Many people could only wish they could have people like this in their chapter let alone just in their lives overall.

Seeing what we do is why I am happy and proud to be in Alpha Gamma Delta :D

~@~ Red and Buff roses to us ~@~

Sappiness done! :p

greeklawgirl 08-23-2002 11:12 PM

Oh my God. I this this is probably the first time on GreekChat that I've ever sat at the computer screen and cried.

Tonya, you're so right. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Love you all so much! Need to go before I start crying again.

AlphaGam1019 08-24-2002 12:00 AM

I love you guys!!! ;)

squirrely girl 08-24-2002 01:15 AM

sometimes i sit here and think that although i love my own chapter. i wish i had this "chapter" with a house at college. all of ya'll would have been so great to hang out with.

marissa

AGDLynn 08-24-2002 07:57 AM

Sniff Sniff

That was sweet! That is the message that we want to give PNMs going to Recruitment - no matter the sorority or fraterniy (okay, some of it might not fit the guys, lol.)

A sister is for life!

LiEP,
Lynn

LeslieAGD 08-24-2002 08:52 AM

I love you ladies so much! I am so proud to call you my sisters!

(red and buff roses to Tonya for this post) :)

Unregistered- 08-24-2002 09:11 AM

Tonya, I hafta agree...that was such an amazing post.

I read posts and PMs from my sisters every day, and it still amazes me how much sisterly love I have here on this message board alone.

You gals have been there in my greatest and worst of times, and for that I am eternally grateful. Sometimes it even seems like you all understand me better than those who I see every day.

I hope that this thread can serve as an example of how great it feels to be an Alpha Gam.

Let's make a promise to all meet up for Centennial 2004! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Lots of hugs and red and buff roses to my sisters!

greeklawgirl 08-24-2002 01:18 PM

Sandy/Nina,

Can we make this thread another "sticky" at the top? I think that this should be one of the first things any new GC Alpha Gam should read on the board. What Tonya is saying here is what Alpha Gamma Delta is really all about.

And they should know what they are getting themselves into here. ;)

Unregistered- 08-24-2002 04:16 PM

Great idea, Maria!

Thread is now sticky!

Lisa Fishman 08-24-2002 05:53 PM

Hi girls! Well spoken, Tonya! I have enjoyed "meeting" all of you on the boards. You all have encourged, listened and supported me thoughout my times on these board. It is wonderful to see a group of young women, who have come together in a just few short years to grow so close. We are spread out from Hawaii and California to Georgia and the North and Canada too. But, yet, we can call on each other for anything. This really does epitimise what the word sister really and truely mean. Love to all, Lisa

theta sig agd 08-24-2002 09:03 PM

I wanted to say something to wonderful to show how much I love my sisters, but I dont think I could say it any better than how you all have.

I love you all!!!:D

I think meeting at Convention is a great idea and we should do it!!!! I am willing to help anyone else who can not afford to go raise the money to do so!!!

sniff, sniff

DWAlphaGam 08-26-2002 09:41 AM

This was such a wonderful post, Tonya! I love all of these reminders about both the little and the big things that make our sisterhood so fantastic. I can't wait to meet all of you in Chicago in 2004! :D
Love and LiEP,
Donielle

Katey Alpha Gam 09-05-2002 01:49 PM

Tonya, That was an amazing post. I think it's so important to remember all of those things when times get tough. I love you all so much and I am so prud to be part of such a true sisterhood!!!!

GtownGirl98 09-10-2002 11:59 PM

This needs a write up

I was reading in the quarterly that you can submit articles or ideas and I think that the Q needs to do one on this board. I don't know why this board has taken off better than Alphagam.net but I think that Elisa has done a great job with that board. Maybe someone (and not me because I am jumbling this short little blurb up) should do one on the Ladies who are forming a chapter on the web. I mean think about it, we may not do ritual (but we all could if we wanted to) but we do meet weekly (if not more) and we talk about everything. This isn't a colligate meeting but I invision this to be an Alumnea group. I would hope that whoever choices to take up the idea of an article would include the first board and it's founder(s), along with this board and the bonds that are forming daily.

hawaiiagd 09-15-2002 01:44 AM

Wow.