GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Wanted to say thank you (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=244503)

RedBarchetta 08-09-2018 02:02 PM

Wanted to say thank you

I joined this site last year, mostly to use the search function because I was curious about sorority life at the schools that I was applying to. No one in my family has ever been Greek, so this was something brand new to all of us.

Once I knew where I was going to school, this site became very useful to learn more about the process (the school guide makes it sound so simple!). I discovered what recs were, and that they weren't necessarily super important at my school, but still good to have. Thanks to suggestions on how to find rec writers on here, I asked my teachers and discovered that two of them were Greek, one actually at the school I will be attending. Between them, and my mom's network of friends and co-workers, I managed to get a rec for each house.

The info here was also helpful for learning about general sorority life and what to expect during recruitment. For instance, I had never heard of a door song before I came across the phrase here. I've watched a few videos, and I think I feel prepared for that, as well as other aspects of recruitment.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally be going away to school and for recruitment to get started. I was searching up a last minute question, and thought I should take a second to thank you all for all the help that you've given me without actually knowing that you were doing it. I appreciate it, and maybe after it's over, I'll actually have some advice of my own to add at some point.

Thank you!

APhi2KD 08-09-2018 04:52 PM

That’s very sweet! GOOD LUCK with recruitment!!!
I hope you’ll comeback to let us know how it went!

Titchou 08-09-2018 05:31 PM

Thank you! We are here to help anyone who is reading...whether they post or not. Let us know how it goes.

ZTA1550 08-09-2018 05:41 PM

Best of luck with recruitment!

TLLK 08-09-2018 06:08 PM

Good luck to you as you go through recruitment!

FSUZeta 08-09-2018 06:57 PM

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes.

Sen's Revenge 08-09-2018 06:58 PM

What a kind and thoughtful post.

navane 08-09-2018 07:04 PM

Thank you for that nice post. Best wishes to you for recruitment.

RedBarchetta 08-09-2018 11:01 PM

Thanks for the well wishes.

I will come back and update for sure. I've spent more time than I should admit reading Recruitment stories. I like to Journal, so maybe after it's all over, I'll come add my own, assuming I make it through!

*winter* 08-10-2018 09:40 AM

Best of luck to you! Listen to these ladies; they know their stuff! :D

Sciencewoman 08-10-2018 07:43 PM

My daughter was totally unprepared for door songs, and she thought she knew most of what there was to know before recruitment! I don't know how I missed telling her about that bit, but she said she was completely surprised by the loud singing and chanting at the first chapter she visited!

Best of luck to you! Please do come back to share your story.

NinjaPoodle 08-10-2018 07:51 PM

How sweet! Best of luck to you!

honeychile 08-12-2018 08:05 PM

How very sweet of you to offer your thanks AND promise an update!

May you get the bid of your choice, and love your sorority for the rest of your life!

TLLK 08-12-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2458839)
My daughter was totally unprepared for door songs, and she thought she knew most of what there was to know before recruitment! I don't know how I missed telling her about that bit, but she said she was completely surprised by the loud singing and chanting at the first chapter she visited!

Best of luck to you! Please do come back to share your story.

LOL Sciencewoman! :) I think most people are surprised at the enthusiasm generated especially at the first party of the day. Nearly four decades later, I recall everyone in my rush group took a half step backwards when the sisters of AOPi came running out of their front door clapping and singing to us. Even though my mom and my Rho Gammas had mentioned that the women would be singing to us but, this was not what we'd expected.