GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Delta Sigma Theta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   ~A few questions for the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta~ (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=86388)

gem_de_delta 04-15-2007 08:43 PM

~A few questions for the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta~

Hello everyone, I'm a Delta G.E.M.S. and I just want to tell each and everyone of the Deltas that read this, how much you all have made a STRONG impact in my life since I've join this program this year. I just have a few questions and hope you all can answer them.

1. Why did you choose Delta Sigma Theta as YOUR choice? Was it family, friends, etc?

2. How do you all feel when high school students claim your organization before actually pledging?

3. Have the adivsors for Delta GEMS/Delta Academy ever considered having national website for us so we can chat and meet other girls like me across the country?

Thanks,
gem_de_delta

CrimsonTide4 04-15-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gem_de_delta (Post 1430089)
Hello everyone, I'm a Delta G.E.M.S. and I just want to tell each and everyone of the Deltas that read this, how much you all have made a STRONG impact in my life since I've join this program this year. I just have a few questions and hope you all can answer them.

1. Why did you choose Delta Sigma Theta as YOUR choice? Was it family, friends, etc?

2. How do you all feel when high school students claim your organization before actually pledging?

3. Have the adivsors for Delta GEMS/Delta Academy ever considered having national website for us so we can chat and meet other girls like me across the country?

Thanks,
gem_de_delta

Welcome to GC!! Glad to hear you have found your niche within your chapter of Delta GEMS.

In response to #1, here is a thread where various members of DST and DST prospectives relate why DST is their choice.

2. I prefer for young ladies in high school to not claim an organization. You might change your mind is a big reason and I just believe as a high school student, you should focus on your high school activities.

3. That is a great idea. Does your chapter of Delta GEMS have a website? Maybe this is an area that you and your GEMS participants can launch and spread the word.

gem_de_delta 04-16-2007 01:34 AM

Thanks for answering, CrimsonTide4. I enjoyed that thread. I ask about the high school question because there is a girl on bebo having an organization called, FDST, Future Delta Sigma Theta. They have line names and line numbers. The girl came on GEMS page claim it too. The super bad thing was that the GEMs were claiming "Future Delta" as well. Which lead to my third question, we should do a national website so that we can know the do's and don't of you all sorority. So many of the GEMS are uninformed and when a few do wrong, we all look bad and we end up looking like Delta Groupies.:(

ladygreek 04-16-2007 03:21 PM

The idea of a G.E.M.S. website is a good one.

FatalDSTination 04-17-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladygreek (Post 1430532)
The idea of a G.E.M.S. website is a good one.

I concur!

D.COM 04-25-2007 08:19 PM

Oooo...a G.E.M.S. website...that sounds like fun :)

gem_de_delta 04-26-2007 06:38 PM

Yeah, it does. Should my people start one and hope it picks up or write to the Headquarters?

ladygreek 04-26-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gem_de_delta (Post 1436728)
Yeah, it does. Should my people start one and hope it picks up or write to the Headquarters?

The discussion should be between the GEMS and the chapter sorors implementing the program.

When I said a website would be nice I was thinking individual chapters not a national website. You may want to talk to your program sponsors a little more about how Delta works rather than asking us on this board. We don't know the curriculum for your chapter of GEMS.

I like your spirit and enthusiasm, you just need to learn how the channel it appropriately.