GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   PNMs and "cutting" chapters. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=121739)

33girl 06-19-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2153708)
During pref, if the chapters want her so that they are sure to get her, they put her in a position that if she ranks them first, there is a match, which is exactly what I said. If both preference chapters want her for sure, she gets her pick.

Unless they are WAY under total and can take quota + a bunch more to get to total, they can't do this for every girl they "want."

This kind of array of choices doesn't happen for the majority of PNMs in competitive rushes.

Greek_or_Geek? 06-19-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2153708)
Yes, really. ;)

If during the days leading up to pref, the amount of parties she can go to is more than the chapters who choose to invite her back, she gets her pick, which is exactly what I said. She gets her first pick of the chapters who want her.

During pref, if the chapters want her so that they are sure to get her, they put her in a position that if she ranks them first, there is a match, which is exactly what I said. If both preference chapters want her for sure, she gets her pick.

It's mutual in that the PNM gets her pick first after the sororities get theirs, which is exactly what I said.

Which part of the chapters are still in control of the situation do you not comprehend?

Splash 06-20-2012 01:21 PM

Here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? (Post 2153761)
Which part of the chapters are still in control of the situation do you not comprehend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2153708)
Yes, really. ;)

If during the days leading up to pref, the amount of parties she can go to is more than the chapters who choose to invite her back, she gets her pick, which is exactly what I said. She gets her first pick of the chapters who want her.

During pref, if the chapters want her so that they are sure to get her, they put her in a position that if she ranks them first, there is a match, which is exactly what I said. If both preference chapters want her for sure, she gets her pick.

It's mutual in that the PNM gets her pick first after the sororities get theirs, which is exactly what I said.


Splash 06-20-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2153736)
Unless they are WAY under total and can take quota + a bunch more to get to total, they can't do this for every girl they "want."

This kind of array of choices doesn't happen for the majority of PNMs in competitive rushes.

Yes it does. That is what ranking is for. So you get your choice based on what your options are.

KSUViolet06 06-20-2012 02:43 PM

Still no.

If you rank (for example) Theta #1 and Kappa #2, you could very likely get a bid to Kappa. Which means you're not "getting your choice based on your options."

The computer program is set up to try and match the PNM with first choice, but it moves on if #1 isn't available. So as much as you may "want your choice" of Theta, you're not going to get it.

TSteven 06-20-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 2153877)
Still no.

If you rank (for example) Theta #1 and Kappa #2, you could very likely get a bid to Kappa. Which means you're not "getting your choice based on your options."

The computer program is set up to try and match the PNM with first choice, but it moves on if #1 isn't available. So as much as you may "want your choice" of Theta, you're not going to get it.

It seems like some of y'all may not be following Splash's example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2153708)
If both preference chapters want her for sure, she gets her pick.

“For sure” here does not mean “we want her after and only if we do not get the other girls ranked above her first”. “For sure” means they want her absolutely and will do what they can to maximize the chapter’s possibility of her receiving a bid from them. The only way I know that a chapter could maximize that option/possibility is to put the PNM on the chapter's first bid list and hope she has them ranked first.

So to use the above example, if the PNM ranked Theta #1 and Kappa #2, and both chapters want her "for sure”, then the PNM will be on both chapters' 1st bid list. Thus the PNM will receive a bid from her first choice, in this example, Theta.

DubaiSis 06-20-2012 05:37 PM

The thing through this that may be getting missed is if you attend a preference party, you are 100% on their list. They can not CUT you after preference. The thing is WHERE you fall on the list. There is a first bid list and a second list. Rarely does a chapter get all of their first bid list, so then they start digging into their second list and it continues down until they've met their quota or run out of list. I think the "for sure" comment means you made the first bid list. If the rushee makes the first list of all of the chapters she prefs, then yes, it would be her choice. But typically it's not quite that cut and dried. And thankfully the computer does this matching now because in the old days it was HOURS AND HOURS of alumnae in a room going around the room doing something similar to the NFL draft.

tcsparky 07-16-2012 01:59 PM

Great advice in this thread!!

FSUZeta 07-16-2012 02:35 PM

ttt

FSUZeta 07-16-2012 04:26 PM

bump

wareagle93 07-16-2012 05:55 PM

Bump

AGDee 07-16-2012 06:14 PM

Just curious how it helps to bump a thread that is stickied to the top anyway?

carnation 07-16-2012 06:37 PM

It pushes the spam down, hopefully off of the front page.

AGDee 07-16-2012 06:48 PM

Ahhh, ok. I found that front page to the most annoying thing on GC ever so I have it bookmarked to go straight to the forums index and never see that page. I just go right into the forums. I hadn't thought about that front page.

carnation 07-16-2012 06:56 PM

Well see, I've been sending scores of PNMs to GC and it doesn't look too great when all they see is a page of Viagra or whatever that enhance-your-wang's-size-stuff is.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.