GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Birmingham Southern College Bid list! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=80680)

carnation 09-13-2006 08:43 PM

Birmingham Southern College Bid list!

Wooooo! Looks like everyone took at least quota of 13!

Here's a link to the document that has the names if you are interested:

http://panther.bsc.edu/~hellenic/Cha...bid%20list.doc

Buttonz 09-13-2006 09:33 PM

Everyone took more then 13, which was quota. So why wasn't quota just set higher?

tunatartare 09-13-2006 09:51 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that it's a bit creepy to publish the full names of girls along with their school and what sororities they're in?

Sistermadly 09-14-2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLPDaisy (Post 1320223)
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a bit creepy to publish the full names of girls along with their school and what sororities they're in?

You're not the only one.

jessXIca 09-14-2006 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sistermadly (Post 1320348)
You're not the only one.

Nope. Why do we even need to know that?

AChiOhSnap 09-14-2006 01:54 AM

Quote:

I'm with you. I freak out about personal info on the internet.....hence the username change, lol :)

AnchorAlumna 09-14-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Auburn University and the University of Alabama publish lists with the girls' hometowns. Sure helps the hometown newspapers. What college was it - posted here a few days ago - that also lists parents names? A Midwest college I think.
Note that they did not add e-mail addresses or phone numbers. Why would it be any creepier than it appearing in the hometown newspaper?:confused:

SoCalGirl 09-14-2006 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna (Post 1320360)
Why would it be any creepier than it appearing in the hometown newspaper?:confused:

Because the hometown newspaper is generally limited to the hometown?:)

Munchkin03 09-14-2006 02:54 AM

I think it's more of a cultural thing; after all, the three schools that have done it so far are all in Alabama. It's a little strange, especially considering today's climate of internet privacy concerns, but it's not anything that someone who was committed to finding this information couldn't find. Besides, don't most chapters list their members and hometowns?

carnation 09-14-2006 06:27 AM

Look, y'all, it's already online...I didn't copy this off some private list. This is off the BSC website and several people asked me to find out who pledged what. However, I couldn't get the link to work.

Several schools do this.

FSUZeta 09-14-2006 07:16 AM

hey, now zeta can say that "haley mills" is a member!!

aopinthesky 09-14-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

You may not be the only one who thinks it is creepy, but I don't find it so myself. As someone pointed out, perhaps it is a regional thing because it is done a lot where I live. Like a lot of things, the internet and it's information can be used for good or bad. Publishing names and schools is not as bad (IMO) as all the stuff that students put on facebook and myspace about themselves for the world to see.

PenguinTrax 09-14-2006 08:42 AM

OK, I"ve edited the original post to include the link to the document. People can look if they want, and not look if they want. Subject is now closed (so please stop emailing me about it!) :D

FSUZeta 09-14-2006 09:17 AM

birmingham southern posts the name and hometown of all incoming freshman before school starts.

tunatartare 09-14-2006 09:30 AM

I think that's also kind of creepy.