GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Signing a bid? What happens after? What about graduating and housing? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=197064)

sociallyinept 10-29-2015 07:11 AM

Signing a bid? What happens after? What about graduating and housing?

I have a bid at a house. I was contemplating signing it.

What happens after I sign? Do they confirm my class standing and all that? My standing shows I'm a senior due to credits but I worked my graduation plan out and I'm actually here for 2 years so I say junior (I explicitly told my rush chair I'm a junior).

I'm wondering if that will be an issue or if I just show them my stuff is in order?

Also, if I graduate during fall semester can I still stick around in the house until the year is up?

Titchou 10-29-2015 07:16 AM

All of these are questions for the individual chapter. However, generally speaking, they have probably already checked you out. And alumni are generally welcome at houses. If you mean still live in it, that would be specific to your group and you'd have to ask them.

thetalady 10-29-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sociallyinept (Post 2378620)
I have a bid at a house. I was contemplating signing it.

What happens after I sign? Do they confirm my class standing and all that? My standing shows I'm a senior due to credits but I worked my graduation plan out and I'm actually here for 2 years so I say junior (I explicitly told my rush chair I'm a junior).

I'm wondering if that will be an issue or if I just show them my stuff is in order?

Also, if I graduate during fall semester can I still stick around in the house until the year is up?

OK buddy, time to get OFF the Internet and start interacting with people IRL. We don't know the answers to these very specific questions.

Be grateful for the bid. Sign it. Then go make friends with the members and other pledges. TALK TO THE MEN WHO WILL BE YOUR BROTHERS! Make an effort. Remember that until you are initiated, you are not a full fledged member. Pledges can still be released before initiation, so keep a good attitude and participate every time they have any kind of activity.

Now turn off the computer.

Jill1228 10-29-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2378785)
OK buddy, time to get OFF the Internet and start interacting with people IRL. We don't know the answers to these very specific questions.

Be grateful for the bid. Sign it. Then go make friends with the members and other pledges. TALK TO THE MEN WHO WILL BE YOUR BROTHERS! Make an effort. Remember that until you are initiated, you are not a full fledged member. Pledges can still be released before initiation, so keep a good attitude and participate every time they have any kind of activity.

Now turn off the computer.

^^^What she said!
Because if you stay socially inept, brothers can and will release you
A house was nice enough to extend you a bid...take it and run with it
And step the hell away from the freaking keyboard