GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alumni Involvement (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Does anyone keep their sorority/fraternity sticker on their car after graduating? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=132303)

AnotherKD 03-30-2013 05:22 PM

I graduated over 10 years ago and I have a crest sticker on my car (about the size of my palm), with the letters very small underneath. I quite like it.

KillarneyRose 04-05-2013 09:34 PM

I bought a new car today and I'm about to go online to buy a new crest sticker for my back window :)

GeekyPenguin 04-07-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillarneyRose (Post 2211653)
I bought a new car today and I'm about to go online to buy a new crest sticker for my back window :)

Ooh, what did you get?

I had letters on my car for a long time after college since I kept driving the same car! I had to buy a new one a few years ago and never put letters on, but I'm not opposed. Gamma Phi just sent out decals to a lot of alumni but the pink sticker won't look good on my red car so I'm sending it to an undergrad I know with a care package.

AlwaysSAI 04-07-2013 10:37 AM

I graduated in 2009 and I have three sets of greek letters (I hold membership in 3 orgs) in my rear window. I think having stickers in your car window is a simple way to showcase lifetime membership (though, personally, I would advocate for membership in an alumnae chapter)!

Carstickers.com has a great greek selection! And, you can also customize it to put the word "Alumna" under the greek letters. If I ever needed new car stickers, I would order one from carstickers.

ADPiEE 04-07-2013 10:59 AM

I would love it we had a sticker or chrome decal just like our Alumnae recognition pin..
https://www.hjgreek.com/assets/image...arge/62753.jpg

KillarneyRose 04-08-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin (Post 2211785)
Ooh, what did you get?

I had letters on my car for a long time after college since I kept driving the same car! I had to buy a new one a few years ago and never put letters on, but I'm not opposed. Gamma Phi just sent out decals to a lot of alumni but the pink sticker won't look good on my red car so I'm sending it to an undergrad I know with a care package.

A Honda Pilot. Lots of room for stickers :)

AXiD SmileyFace 04-21-2013 01:58 AM

I know that my story will sound a little lame, but whatever. When I was in college I didn't have a license or a car. When I finally did get those things about 7 years later one of the first things I did was get an AXiD license plate holder. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting an organization that you love and has influenced you positively over the years. It doesn't matter how many years it has been since your graduation. I wouldn't worry too much about what anyone else had to say because chances are most people aren't paying that much attention to your car anyway. The people that are paying that much attention to your car to the point where they need to say something negative probably need to get a life anyway.

ThetaPrincess24 04-21-2013 03:37 PM

I got a new vehicle for graduation (December 2003) and immediately went out and bought a nice sticker decal for it. They remained there until they wore so bad, it was better to remove what was left--about three years ago?? I kind of miss them being on my car. I am getting a new vehicle in about a month. I might purchase a new set of letters then. :)

WCsweet<3 04-21-2013 03:46 PM

KD boutique has an alumna license plate right now.

dekeguy 04-22-2013 04:51 PM

My Dad graduated in the 1960s and still has his letters in the lower right side of his rear window. Both Grandfathers still have the same. No surprise then that so do I.

Xidelt 04-22-2013 08:08 PM

I wish I could find a small car magnet with Greek letters. I love displaying my affiliation, but I hate bumper stickers. They are such a pain to remove.

milfor1976 04-23-2013 09:52 AM

I kept mine on my car either. :eek:

careful8 04-23-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 2201859)
Acceptable to who?

I've been out of school for some time, but still display my Greek letters and alma mater's logo from time to time. I couldn't care less if someone had something to say about how I choose to display my letters because, well, I'm grown.

Do whatever you want to do. They're YOUR letters on YOUR car.

My name s careful8 and I agree 100% with this poster.:(

KillarneyRose 04-23-2013 04:11 PM

Damn! I ordered a DZ alum sticker and a license plate holder for the new car (see previous post on the subject) only to find that my husband scooped me and picked up a USNA license plate holder. He cheated because he only had to go to the USNA gift shop to buy his while I had to send away for it :(

Anyone want a DZ license plate holder? I'm sure not putting it on my beater car, for sure.

tinydancer 04-23-2013 04:18 PM

I have a Gamma Phi sticker on my bumper, along with a Texas Longhorn and an Eastern Star emblem. Everyone knows it's me. I am an AI, so it was important to me. With 2 chapters in town, I see lots of sisters.