GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Possible new sorority coming to Ole Miss (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=230790)

stef831 06-20-2017 01:14 PM

Possible new sorority coming to Ole Miss

So I thought it was interesting that I heard some news off the cuff- not public yet that a new sorority is coming to Ole Miss- I think it's one of the omega's but not 100% yet. My daughter's friend was telling her about it. I think it would be good as the enrollment at Ole Miss has steadily climbed in the last few years and those going thru recruitment has also markedly increased as well. I also found out that variable quota is in effect this year as well. So it appears this will be staying for a little while yet. My daughter is sad that she is missing recruitment this year as she is studying abroad but so looking forward to meeting her newest sisters in January. :)

ASTalumna06 06-20-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stef831 (Post 2434383)
So I thought it was interesting that I heard some news off the cuff- not public yet that a new sorority is coming to Ole Miss- I think it's one of the omega's but not 100% yet. My daughter's friend was telling her about it. I think it would be good as the enrollment at Ole Miss has steadily climbed in the last few years and those going thru recruitment has also markedly increased as well. I also found out that variable quota is in effect this year as well. So it appears this will be staying for a little while yet. My daughter is sad that she is missing recruitment this year as she is studying abroad but so looking forward to meeting her newest sisters in January. :)

One of the Omegas?

stef831 06-20-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 2434386)
One of the Omegas?

Please do forgive me...I am not greek. I think the only other one I know of is Alpha Chi Omega- as the already have Chi Omega there. I don't believe they have done a presentation and usually don't they do one prior to any type of colonization?? It is all word of mouth so I am not 100% sure of the authenticity of all this but there has been talk enough so, that it has filtered down to some of the other sororities. I wonder if there is a way to confirm this??

ladybug12 06-20-2017 02:48 PM

There is a process for NPC extension on any campus. First, there is a vote whether or not to start the extension process, then a time table is set for any interested groups to apply. A second vote is taken by the college Panhellenic on which groups to choose to have present their extension package/plan. Then there is a final vote on which group is chosen to colonize on a campus as well as a date for that process to occur.

In my experience, it usually takes 6+ months at a minimum for this to occur.

And to my knowledge, Ole Miss has not opened for extension again. (and LaneSig's thread does not note this either).

AZTheta 06-20-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stef831 (Post 2434387)
Please do forgive me...I am not greek. I think the only other one I know of is Alpha Chi Omega- as the already have Chi Omega there. I don't believe they have done a presentation and usually don't they do one prior to any type of colonization?? It is all word of mouth so I am not 100% sure of the authenticity of all this but there has been talk enough so, that it has filtered down to some of the other sororities. I wonder if there is a way to confirm this??

How about calling Ole Miss Greek Life and asking them?

stef831 06-20-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2434389)
How about calling Ole Miss Greek Life and asking them?

Yes, that's the best way to find out. I agree with what everyone has said