GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Pretty Wicked Moms (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=134864)

als463 06-26-2013 02:29 PM

Pretty Wicked Moms

I have to ask...Is anyone watching this? Clearly, I love reality television (probably more than I really should or even admit). Thoughts?

amIblue? 06-26-2013 02:58 PM

I have not heard of this show, but it sounds like an apt description of my cousin's ex-wife. What network?

als463 06-26-2013 03:05 PM

It's on Lifetime. You must watch it and tell me what you think. Wow, just wow!

WVU alpha phi 06-27-2013 04:34 PM

I am addicted! What Emily and Nicole did to Meredith with the wedding video was horrible. I couldn't understand why Meredith's husband didn't intervene and put his foot down either. Miranda is really the only one I like and who seems genuine.

ETA: A google search revealed Emily was in a sorority at Ole Miss but I can't find which one..

amIblue? 06-27-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi (Post 2222865)
I am addicted! What Emily and Nicole did to Meredith with the wedding video was horrible. I couldn't understand why Meredith's husband didn't intervene and put his foot down either. Miranda is really the only one I like and who seems genuine.

ETA: A google search revealed Emily was in a sorority at Ole Miss but I can't find which one..

She's also apparently related to the Mannings.

ETA: I hate these chicks. I've also just about finished the second episode.

als463 06-28-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi (Post 2222865)

I know..the wedding video seemed highly inappropriate. Oh, Emily is a Delta Gamma from Ole Miss. She really seems to play "stupid" for a college-educated woman. Also, I am seriously against cheating but, something tells me her husband may start looking elsewhere when his own wife makes him sleep on the couch to accommodate their daughter. Really? Yeah, just waiting to see what happens. Also, why would you give your daughter coke drinks? Really again? Ugh, so many things wrong with this show but, for some reason I keep watching it.

MaryPoppins 06-28-2013 08:35 AM

Neither money nor privilege confer class, common sense, or grace.

amIblue? 06-28-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als463 (Post 2222953)
Also, I am seriously against cheating but, something tells me her husband may start looking elsewhere when his own wife makes him sleep on the couch to accommodate their daughter.

If her husband doesn't currently have a woman on the side, it's probably just a matter of time. He's reasonably attractive and seemingly a successful dentist.

But what I want to know is what drag queen taught these women to apply makeup. Holy blusher stripes, Batman! Actually, I take that back. I've seen drag queens with more subtle and elegant use of makeup. Bless their hearts.

Old_Row 06-28-2013 09:45 AM

I have a hard time even tolerating any of these ladies but Emily is especially horrible!

als463 06-28-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amIblue? (Post 2222956)
If her husband doesn't currently have a woman on the side, it's probably just a matter of time. He's reasonably attractive and seemingly a successful dentist.

But what I want to know is what drag queen taught these women to apply makeup. Holy blusher stripes, Batman! Actually, I take that back. I've seen drag queens with more subtle and elegant use of makeup. Bless their hearts.

Isn't it horrible but, I've been thinking the same thing as you on this one? I mean, she pretty much tells her husband she is not attracted to him or does not want him around when she does that. I saw previews for the next episode and it seems like he wants to get something going and instead, she tries to go somewhere else with a friend. Also, I loved how she told her Dentist husband that emergency dental surgery did not trump a "fashion" emergency. Really? Also, you could tell he didn't want his daughter to be sucking down coke in a bottle but, she completely ignored the request of her husband (a Dentist who knows what harms teeth). Something tells me he may be filing for divorce sooner rather than later.

amIblue? 06-28-2013 11:27 AM

Then again, these things are scripted, so it could all be for the show.

als463 06-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amIblue? (Post 2222968)
Then again, these things are scripted, so it could all be for the show.

Yes but, I question how much could possibly be for the show though. I mean, he's pretty much the butt of jokes of his buddies if he continues to be okay with how his marriage is going. Ya' know? What do you think?

ADPiEE 06-28-2013 11:37 AM

I think this stuff HAS to be scripted or at least heavily influenced by producers. Who actually acts this way (or puts on makeup this way) in real life? People will do crazy things for money--look at the Kardashians.

WVU alpha phi 06-28-2013 11:57 AM

I am wondering why Nicole and Emily's husbands just accept that they spend more time together than with their spouses. And I wouldn't blame Emily's husband for cheating either. She seems very uninterested in their little girl except when it's bedtime and her husband gets booted from the room.

amIblue? 07-11-2013 07:43 PM

So has anyone else kept watching? The producers are really playing around with who is getting the sympathetic edit.