GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Mama's need WINE to get through recruitment! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=153531)

ImJustAMom 08-21-2015 12:44 PM

Mama's need WINE to get through recruitment!

Here we go!

When I came to GreekChat as a non-greek person, it was suggested multiple times, "have a glass of wine!" I learn quickly! This story will be from my non-greek perspective with her texts and phone calls and basically any information I can grab from her!

Here are my bottles:

Cabernet Sauvignon
Chablis
Chardonnay
Malbac
Merlot
Moscato
Pinot Grigio
Pinot Noir
Port
Riesling
Sake
Sauvignon Blanc
Shiraz
Syrah

Doesn't look like the colors will copy and paste? I'll work on that!

Sciencewoman 08-21-2015 01:10 PM

Hahaha...love this theme!

APhiLife 08-21-2015 01:18 PM

Loving the theme! Cheers!

ImJustAMom 08-21-2015 01:47 PM

The princess is all moved in and ready to begin recruitment. After a fun night with her Rho Gamma group, she heads back to her dorm to learn she has forgotten her toothbrush! YIKES! Quick thinking time – THE WISPS in her recruitment bag! These will have to do for the night until the book store opens in the morning. Let’s hope that is all that she has forgotten!

The girls visit each house for 20 minutes each over Saturday and Sunday. They wear t-shirts each day with cute shorts or skirts. She has decided to wear a cute trendy necklace, and opted to pull her hair half back.

First up is Merlot! For Merlot, she has 3 rec letters (her aunt, cousin, and a lady who lived across the street for several years). We could have gone overboard, but they offered and we didn’t say no. The Princess talked to 3 people here. It was the first group and she felt sometimes the conversation was forced with girl #1. She chalked it up to them both being nervous. They talked about a recent location they both visited She and girl #2 had a great connection and common interest with philanthropies and high school show choir. Girl #3 = small talk. The princess liked her. All in all, she said she could see herself at Merlot and gave it 2 stars.

Secondly, she went to Chardonnay. The princess had 1 rec for this house. She talked to 4 girls, but only commented on 2. Girl #1 talked constantly about Paint parties(?) and she wrote that she really liked girl #2. She didn’t feel she really click with this house, but gave it a smiley face.

The third stop was Port. She was a nanny one summer for the lady who submitted her rec for this chapter. She LOVED the first girl who chatted with her and even called her by name. They talked about their favorite food stops in our local town. She said they had a great connection and that she was very REAL. Knowing my daughter, this is very important to her. She had less of a connection with girl #2 and said the conversation seemed jumpy. She gave Port two stars.

Cabernet Sauvignon was next! She received 2 rec letters for this house: a personal friend of mine, and a friend of hers who just graduated from a neighboring college. Plus, we have a personal connection to one of the girls in the house. The friend was the first person to talk to her, and it was very laid back. She said she even switched with the girl who was supposed to talk to the princess. Girl #2, who she also called by name, she REALLY liked! They had a strong common interest. I don’t remember what, though. I just recognized “that voice” when she spoke about her and she called her by name. Girl #3 was just okay. It had gotten loud and was really hard to hear. Again, the princess gave Cabernet Sauvignon two stars.

After a much needed break, Moscato was up! She had 1 rec for Moscato from her brother's friend, a collegian at a neighboring school. Girl #1 and the princess discussed philanthropies and local projects. Girl #2 shared a common interest of travel and had recently been studying abroad in Italy. She also had the same major as my daughter and mentioned there were many in the house with the same major. My daughter was in awe! Moscato received three stars!

After dinner, she only had one house left to visit of the day – Pinot Noir. She actually had 2 recs for this chapter. I’m not sure how many she talked to here, but she said the conversations were weaker and she didn’t feel a connection at all. The girl she did mention said she just joined last semester COB, and because she did informal, she only got to choose from three chapters. She told the princess, “it’s alright, but there are houses I can see myself in more.” ODD. The princess didn’t think she could see herself there. It didn’t receive a rating. As a mom note, I wonder if conversation lulled because it was after dinner and her only one of the evening. It could definitely have been on the princess’ shoulders because when she is done, she is done. Princesses get cranky too! ☺

All in all, she could see herself at most of the chapters and would be willing to give each of them another visit. How can you truly get a feel from 20 minutes? Tomorrow there will be 8 to visit!

Sciencewoman 08-21-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImJustAMom (Post 2327484)
The girl she did mention said she just joined last semester COB, and because she did informal, she only got to choose from three chapters. She told the princess, “it’s alright, but there are houses I can see myself in more.”

Yikes! Sounds like someone needs to go on "back room/kitchen" duty!

honeychile 08-21-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImJustAMom (Post 2327484)
As a mom note, I wonder if conversation lulled because it was after dinner and her only one of the evening. It could definitely have been on the princess’ shoulders because when she is done, she is done. Princesses get cranky too! ☺

All in all, she could see herself at most of the chapters and would be willing to give each of them another visit. How can you truly get a feel from 20 minutes? Tomorrow there will be 8 to visit!

I think your Momdar is working quite well - best of luck to the Princess!

jolene1 08-21-2015 02:22 PM

Love the wine theme. :D Cheers!

honeychile 08-21-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolene1 (Post 2327493)
Love the wine theme. :D Cheers!

Tangent - good to see you! /Tangent

NorthernMom 08-21-2015 02:31 PM

Love this! And love Sauvignon Blanc. Sounds like a good day 1 ;)

OPhiAGinger 08-21-2015 03:02 PM

Go Malbec!

cebrain 08-21-2015 03:14 PM

Have to cheer for Cabernet! What a great theme!

ISUKappa 08-21-2015 03:19 PM

What an odd comment by the girl at Pinot Noir! Hoping it was just a brain lapse from the member from being tired/hungry/whatever.

Can't wait to hear the rest!

WalkintheWoods 08-21-2015 04:02 PM

So fun! Love reading these rush stories. Good luck to the Princess! Sounds like she had a great first day.

AmoXO 08-21-2015 04:34 PM

Awesome story!!

I'm all for Sauvignon Blanc

Jill1228 08-21-2015 04:54 PM

Riesling, baby!