GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2005 SEC Recruitment Discussion (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=68424)

bekibug 07-14-2005 09:47 PM

2005 SEC Recruitment Discussion

Alright y'all, it's beginning.

That is all for now.

AchtungBaby80 07-14-2005 09:58 PM

Then that ought to be really interesting! ;)

TSteven 07-14-2005 10:04 PM

The SEC Rocks! :cool:

carnation 07-14-2005 10:29 PM

Word word! :)

I know women who are rushing at several SEC schools! The first recruitment, I think, is Auburn's--at least the mom of the girl I wrote a rec for said something about her leaving on August 6th. I am reaaaalllly hoping that one of the girls I wrote recs for at UGa and Auburn will go Pi Phi!

WARRRR EAGLE!!!!!

WOOOOO PIG SOOOIEE!!!!

HAIL STATE!!!!

AOIIalum 07-15-2005 06:44 AM

Oh boy, a whole thread dedicated to the SEC. Can't get much better than that!

FSUZeta 07-15-2005 07:42 AM

bekibug, please keep us updated on the auburn recruitment. i have a childhood friend who lives in alabama whose daughter is going thru recruitment this year. she is a legacy to one sorority and has a cousin currently in another. auburn is always exciting!!

Zillini 07-15-2005 08:14 AM

I just checked and as of today Bama has 890 PNMs registered. The deadline is still nearly 4 weeks away. I think we'll probably be looking at around 1200 give or take. If so, that would be about a 20% increase over last year.

Wow and to think that nationally Greek numbers are declining. Looks like the Greek system is alive and well in the SEC!

PhoenixAzul 07-15-2005 08:14 AM

My Auburn friend is allready dreading it! Hehe. He's a guy, they just don't understand what we're so on about.

UKDaisy 07-15-2005 04:08 PM

That is awesome!!!

Carnation I hope you get a Pi Phi this year!!;)

I won't be able to post during rush b/c I"ll be at the KD House doing the whole rush thing. But I'll be sure to post all the good details afterwards.

There are lots of girls at my work who are rushing and they are sooo excited. Gets me all excited all over again :D

carnation 07-15-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UKDaisy
That is awesome!!!

Carnation I hope you get a Pi Phi this year!!;)

Well, boo on my 5th daughter but her college does not have Pi Phi! I think my best shot for a Pi Phi won't come until my 11-year-old rushes bc the 6th daughter, who graduates next year, is also probably going to a school that doesn't have Pi Phi.

But...today I got 2 neat cards! One was from a local girl who's rushing at Auburn and she thanked me for writing her rec and said, "Maybe we'll be sisters in a month, Dr. Carnation!" :) (We've known her since she was a baby.) The other was a thank you note from my chapter for writing the rec!

JohnsDGsweethrt 08-03-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carnation
Well, boo on my 5th daughter but her college does not have Pi Phi! I think my best shot for a Pi Phi won't come until my 11-year-old rushes bc the 6th daughter, who graduates next year, is also probably going to a school that doesn't have Pi Phi.

But...today I got 2 neat cards! One was from a local girl who's rushing at Auburn and she thanked me for writing her rec and said, "Maybe we'll be sisters in a month, Dr. Carnation!" :) (We've known her since she was a baby.) The other was a thank you note from my chapter for writing the rec!

Carnation I have got to know! How many kids do you have?! My goodness! I can hardly handel one and I wonder how these people w/ all these kids sleep at night! As mine is starting to sleep through the night but its not the 12 of straight sleep that i dream of! oh well

ps. sorry for the hijack!

carnation 08-03-2005 05:20 PM

I have 13: 9 girls and 4 boys!:)

OleMissGlitter 08-03-2005 05:58 PM

As of right now, there are only 461 registered for Recruitment at Ole Miss, the deadline is not until mid September though (not sure of the exact date). I'm sure there will be at least 900 with quota between 75-85. There are 9 NPC chapters are Ole Miss.

http://www.olemiss.edu/greeks/

I love SEC recruitment! Always exciting, always fun times!

UKDaisy 08-03-2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carnation
I have 13: 9 girls and 4 boys!:)
WOW.... you are an inspiration! I can't imagine having 3 kids...

I'll try to keep people posting on UK results... but there are other great UK gals and guys on here to help. :)

JohnsDGsweethrt 08-04-2005 03:00 AM

holy cow! and they are all attending college! wonderful. did you birth all these kids or adopt some?