GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Alabama (Bama) recruitment 2011 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=120941)

bamamama14 07-28-2011 01:53 PM

Alabama (Bama) recruitment 2011

A couple of threads are co-mingling Auburn and Alabama recruitment up dates. As large as their recruitments are, they each need theri own special thread.

So good luck to all the members, PNMs, and alumna who will beginning the process in a couple of weeks at Bama. My daughter is on the chapter member side this year, and is anxious to get back to campus. But I know many of the students will be heartbroken when they see the city of Tuscaloosa after being away for 3 months. Gamma Phi and Phi Mu both lost members in the tornado which is incredibly sad.

A special good luck shout out to Delta Gamma and their recolonization recruitment. Can't wait to hear about their new pledge class later in the month.

Hopefully Zillini and a few other UA advisors will get us up to date in numbers shortly.

Roll Tide

FSUZeta 07-28-2011 02:57 PM

like^

NinjaPoodle 07-29-2011 03:42 AM

Ditto on that FSUZeta.

carnation 07-29-2011 08:09 AM

:)

AnchorAlumna 07-29-2011 03:21 PM

Biggest recruitment in the country!
We're quickly approaching the 1,700 mark in PNMs.:eek:

arrowlady 07-29-2011 03:26 PM

Very exciting and overwhelming at the same time

KSUViolet06 07-29-2011 03:33 PM

I cannot believe it is recruitment season all over again.

AuburnDad 07-30-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamamama14 (Post 2074154)
A couple of threads are co-mingling Auburn and Alabama recruitment up dates.

They allow those two to mix? :eek:

AGDee 07-30-2011 04:19 PM

I've worked with chapters who lost a sister at the end of the previous school year or during the summer and recruitment was very, very difficult for them, especially Pref. My thoughts will be those young women.

Zillini 08-01-2011 09:01 AM

After 15 years of advising, I resigned last fall. I think I put in my time. ;) I have to admit it's been a bit of an adjustment this summer. I think I nearly forgot that there were other things to do rather than prep for Recruitment during June & July. :D

Anyway, I won't have access to up to the minute info like years past. I don't want to bother the advisors for info while they're working their tails off. I know from experience that about the last thing any of them need is a call from even a well meaning alum who just wants to chat and get the latest scoop.

preciousjeni 08-01-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna (Post 2074551)

That's the total student population of some colleges. Yikes!

FSUZeta 08-01-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zillini (Post 2075112)
After 15 years of advising, I resigned last fall. I think I put in my time. ;) I have to admit it's been a bit of an adjustment this summer. I think I nearly forgot that there were other things to do rather than prep for Recruitment during June & July. :D

Anyway, I won't have access to up to the minute info like years past. I don't want to bother the advisors for info while they're working their tails off. I know from experience that about the last thing any of them need is a call from even a well meaning alum who just wants to chat and get the latest scoop.

well, you certainly have put in your time-and deserve being able to have a decent bedtime from now on!!

OleMissGlitter 08-01-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

HOLY MOLY! :eek:

DaffyKD 08-01-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Good reason for all PNMs to have their recommendations in line!
DaffyKD

Titchou 08-01-2011 07:20 PM

Zillini: You have certainly put in your time! And you did a great job for your chapter! I know the women will miss you. I trust they gave you a lovely retirement party. And like most of you, you probably won't totally go away....just take a break and find some other way to help the chapter (till they recycle you down the road!)....and thank you for giving all of us here on GC such wonderful insights.

We're all proud to call you our PH sister!