GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   finding your letters somewhere you didn't expect (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=21716)

carebearwcu 03-14-2005 11:15 AM

Very Unexpected

Ok, so my roommate and I (who live in our chapter house) were watching that show on TLC called "Overhauling" where they steal peoples cars, while their families and stuff really know whats going on, and fix them up.

Well, this particular episode they were stelaing 2 cars from a set of twin girls in college. The producers tried to pull it off as a fraternity prank (yeah, just the kind of publicity we need, right? grr) and that the girls house was mistaken for some sorority pledges. Well, they stole the cars, toilet-papered their yard, and put up signs that said "Thanks for pledging ALPHA CHI OMEGA." At first, I couldn't believe my eyes, but our letters were everywhere in their yard and all! My roommate and I were laughing and all, but then we realized something: do you think they had permission to use our letters like that?

~CareBearWCU~
Alpha Chi Omega

PS, how do yall make those cute signatures and such?

Xylochick216 03-14-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Very Unexpected

Quote:

Originally posted by carebearwcu
Ok, so my roommate and I (who live in our chapter house) were watching that show on TLC called "Overhauling" where they steal peoples cars, while their families and stuff really know whats going on, and fix them up.

Well, this particular episode they were stelaing 2 cars from a set of twin girls in college. The producers tried to pull it off as a fraternity prank (yeah, just the kind of publicity we need, right? grr) and that the girls house was mistaken for some sorority pledges. Well, they stole the cars, toilet-papered their yard, and put up signs that said "Thanks for pledging ALPHA CHI OMEGA." At first, I couldn't believe my eyes, but our letters were everywhere in their yard and all! My roommate and I were laughing and all, but then we realized something: do you think they had permission to use our letters like that?

~CareBearWCU~
Alpha Chi Omega

PS, how do yall make those cute signatures and such?

That's the show I was mentioning earlier where they couldn't pronounce the "chi". If they weren't Alpha Chi Omegas and didn't get permission to use the letters, they could be in trouble. They're copyrighted.

lifesaver 03-14-2005 07:54 PM

Saw some brothers on I-35 Southbound obviously on their way to South Padre. I am in the rental, and didnt have letters on the vehicle so they didnt even notice me.

ADPiZXalum 03-14-2005 09:13 PM

I was at a gas station in Stockdale, Texas and I saw this huge fish tank with Pi Kappa Alpha greek letters in it. I was almost startled. It was pretty cool.

fliotasigep 03-15-2005 02:33 PM

at the airport on the way to pick up another brother, got stopped by an alum from auburn, pledged in '48 i think he said, blew my mind, was really awesome, that's why i tell everyone to wear letters every time you travel, it's crazy the people you'll meet

KatieKate1244 03-15-2005 07:18 PM

On my local news tonight, there was a man wearing an Alpha Xi Delta Dad sweatshirt. I really don't remember what the story was about, but it had something to do with robots.

AlphaGamAlie 03-15-2005 07:39 PM

I was watching "I want a famous face" the other day on MTV and they were following this girl(A) who wanted to look more like Pam Anderson to increase her chances of getting into playboy. Everyone was telling her it was a bad idea to make her boobs larger, and they did a segment interview another girl (B)who did the same thing, and it didn't work out for her, but they were showing pictures of girl (B) before the operation and there was a ZTA pillow in the background of one of the pictures, it was really fast but it kinda caught me off gaurd. I would never leave my letters in a picute that was going to be used on a show where I discussed how I tried to become a playboy model.

PhoenixAzul 03-18-2005 10:13 AM

My brother's copy of the Laurel of Phi Kappa Tau came to the house yesterday, and I dropped it. It fell open to the "Laurels" page...and on it, I found out that one of the people who sits on the Board of Trustees for the YMCA I work at is a Phi Tau from Ohio U. So random.

MSKKG 03-18-2005 05:02 PM

I saw a couple of Sigma Chis on a Turner South "My South" commercial.

Sister Havana 03-18-2005 06:15 PM

I saw a guy in an Alpha Tau Omega sweatshirt buying a Metra ticket at Union Station in Chicago yesterday.

tinydancer 03-19-2005 12:48 AM

I saw a car with a Gamma Phi Beta sticker when I was leaving the credit union today. I'll bet it was one of my Texas Wesleyan sisters.

lifesaver 03-19-2005 04:11 AM

Saw a truck with Delta Delta Beta letters. The only reference I could find was on google.com, and it was the name of the ficticious fraternity at U of Wisconsin that Cody from the TV show Step by Step joined.

Ironic, cause we were just talking about that show in another thread a few weeks ago.

MSKKG 03-20-2005 03:33 PM

The Sigma Chis made TV again--I saw an add for "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" that will be in Texas.

Sister Havana 03-20-2005 08:37 PM

I saw a girl in a Delta Delta Delta shirt at O'Hare Airport yesterday.

BabyPiNK_FL 03-22-2005 01:10 AM

Chi-Os in SuperTarget!

I saw some CHI OMEGAS at the Starbucks in Supertarget this past Sunday! There were two in letters and a third woman with them who may/may not have been. From Kansas State University!!! It was weird cos at my school we don't have that sorority and it's cool to see something different than the usual.