GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   finding your letters somewhere you didn't expect (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=21716)

honeychile 03-08-2017 10:50 AM

Somewhat on topic: Alpha Delta Pi sister Danica McKellar was interviewed by ADPi sister Ainsley Earhardt on Fox & Friends this morning. Danica read part of her latest book on math for children to some kids. No letters, unfortunately!

clemsongirl 03-08-2017 11:08 AM

Saw a couple women wearing AST letter shirts in Colonial Williamsburg yesterday. I would guess they're from Radford or one of the other chapters in Virginia, even though none of them are super close by. Also saw a car with Tri-Sigma and Phi Delta Theta letters on it, which confused me a little, but I guess it's a couple/siblings who share a car?

GPhiBLtColonel 04-20-2017 10:27 PM

Tri Sigma tee

Check out what I saw while watching Amazing Race tonight:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/220451...55325171654759

Cheerio 06-22-2017 01:55 PM

Oh, the pleasures of multiple greek letter sightings during the summer months! Just observed a pink Alpha Gamma Delta car window decal in a new-to-me form: all three greek letters were partly curved to form the edge of a six-inch diameter circle (alpha curved on left edge, gamma across top, and delta on right side).

KKGCaroline 06-24-2017 08:14 AM

Walked past a Kappa Delta Phi on a train from Nuneaton to London Euston yesterday

Cheerio 07-21-2017 07:03 PM

On the tv news today, a woman being interviewed about a neighborhood summer festival showed a video which included a band. One band member wore a blue and white Phi Beta Sigma hat.

Several weeks ago on a single parked car were several very large rear-window stickers indicating University of Missouri, Sigma Sigma Sigma, University of Wisconsin, and Delta Delta Delta.

jolene 08-11-2017 09:19 AM

Last week I ran into a fellow Alpha Xi at Target. She was wearing an event shirt and chatted with her for a little.

phoenix16 08-11-2017 11:32 PM

Last summer I was on vacation in Hawaii with my family and I ran into an ASA alumna who commented on my tote that had letters on it. The next day, someone noticed my letters on my shirt and my school's logo on my flip flops and said they were an AOPi at my school and good friends with one of my sisters. Such a small world!

ASTalumna06 08-17-2017 03:40 PM

I just started a new job on Monday. Today I was talking to the person training me, and I mentioned how I'm the editor for my sorority's magazine. She asked me which sorority and then said she's a KKG.

aephi alum 08-17-2017 10:08 PM

I saw a few people wearing Delta Sigma Pi letters around New Orleans this evening. It seems their Grand Chapter Congress is taking place here this week.

ASTalumna06 08-18-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 2438723)
I just started a new job on Monday. Today I was talking to the person training me, and I mentioned how I'm the editor for my sorority's magazine. She asked me which sorority and then said she's a KKG.

I actually found out yesterday that TWO people I know are members of NPCs.

I went to dinner with my parents and some of their friends who I've seen a dozen or so times. We got into useless hidden talents we have and for some reason started reciting different alphabets. The one woman said she could do the Greek alphabet, and I said it with her. I then said the only reason I knew it was because I'm in a sorority. She asked which one, then told me she's a Chi Omega.

Cheerio 08-18-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 2438797)
I actually found out yesterday that TWO people I know are members of NPCs.

I went to dinner with my parents and some of their friends who I've seen a dozen or so times. We got into useless hidden talents we have and for some reason started reciting different alphabets. The one woman said she could do the Greek alphabet, and I said it with her. I then said the only reason I knew it was because I'm in a sorority. She asked which one, then told me she's a Chi Omega.

Surprised she didn't confuse you by reciting the greek alphabet backward, as I understand all Chi Omegas must learn it that way.

Sciencewoman 08-18-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheerio (Post 2438824)
Surprised she didn't confuse you by reciting the greek alphabet backward, as I understand all Chi Omegas must learn it that way.

Is that before or after they get in and out of the coffin?

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

naraht 08-19-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheerio (Post 2438824)

I just tested myself and I was able to do it, but there was a some mental, "let's run the alphabet forwards to figure out what is before a specific letter."

OTOH, Given that Chi Omega's chapter ordering (Psi to Alpha, Psi Alpha to Alpha Alpha, Psi Beta to Alpha Beta, etc), it seems like a reasonable thing to expect pledges to learn.

Jill1228 08-20-2017 09:28 AM

Yesterday at Disney's Hollywood Studios Delta Phi Epsilon, Alpha Gamma Delta, Delta Zeta and Alpha Sigma Alpha shirts