GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

GammaPhi88 02-10-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv n tpa (Post 1777708)
I did, however, get attacked with a bear hug by a girl who is a stage-five clinger. :eek:

Maybe stage-five clinger and blowjob girl can start their own sorority.

And OTW, I'm not sure if she got into a chapter. I'm actually dying to find out...I'll know when the sororities publish their pledge class names in the paper.

KSUViolet06 02-10-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1777442)
Now that Bid Day is over I can finally tell this gem!

Last semester, I was sitting in a large lecture class wearing my letters when a girl comes up to me and compliments me on them. She says...

Her: Omg I love your letters! I think I'm rushing next semester!
Me: Thank you so much! And thats great...rushing is such a great thing to do.
Her: Yeahhh I'm soooo excited to rush, but I'm so nervous about pledging!
Me: Oh, why are you nervous for pledging? It's really a good experience, and sororities at this school do not haze.
Her: Well, I know in order to become a sister you have to suck the dick of every guy in whatever fraternity you girls choose. So, like, even though I'm TOTALLY ready to do that, I'm kinda nervous! Which frat do you girls blow?
Me: uhhhhhhhh....um....what?

Once I was over my speechlessness, I attempted to assure her that no, no one actually does that. She didn't believe me, but...at least I tried.

So, low and behold, blowjob girl decides to rush.

At a rush party, she kept going on about how much she looooooved us in the creepiest way possible. How much she loved our colors, how she has "a shitload" of crescent jewelry, and how excited she was to be a future sister of Betsey Johnson (I guess she confused us with Alpha Xi Delta). She went on to tell my sister how much she loved our badge, and how she was looking for one on ebay so she could be ready for her initiation.

To put things shortly, she is not a new member in our house.

For The Win.

HotDamnImAPhiMu 02-10-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

At a rush party, she kept going on about how much she looooooved us in the creepiest way possible. How much she loved our colors, how she has "a shitload" of crescent jewelry, and how excited she was to be a future sister of Betsey Johnson (I guess she confused us with Alpha Xi Delta). She went on to tell my sister how much she loved our badge, and how she was looking for one on ebay so she could be ready for her initiation.

Awww, that's kind of sad. I feel bad for her and her creepiness.

MaggieXi 02-11-2009 12:05 PM

Here's two new ones, but not as good as the ones most recently posted...

So this PNM goes through and she is talking to one of the actives, the active asks her where she is from and the PNM says she won't answer her because she is afraid of identity theft. The active is a little confused by her response and tries to ask her more questions, like what her major is or what are her hobbies and the PNM pretty much refuses to answer questions because she's afraid of the sisters stealing her identity.

This other PNM is now only known as "THATS AWE-SOME! Girl". During philanthropy round when someone would answer her question about anything she would reply with "THATS AWE-SOME!" in a high pitched sing-songy voice that made other people turn around.

33girl 02-11-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Her: Well, I know in order to become a sister you have to suck the dick of every guy in whatever fraternity you girls choose. So, like, even though I'm TOTALLY ready to do that, I'm kinda nervous! Which frat do you girls blow?
Me: uhhhhhhhh....um....what?

Once I was over my speechlessness, I attempted to assure her that no, no one actually does that. She didn't believe me, but...at least I tried.

You should have said "Oh, God no, that's what they do at [insert rival school name here]. We have more class. We do anal."

UGAalum94 02-11-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu (Post 1778040)
Awww, that's kind of sad. I feel bad for her and her creepiness.

Most of the time these stories affect me the same way. It's not that I think they should get bids, but I feel bad for them never-the-less.

Imagine wanting it that much and being that clueless.

VandalSquirrel 02-11-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 1778577)
You should have said "Oh, God no, that's what they do at [insert rival school name here]. We have more class. We do anal."

The term is actually "saddlebacking" per Dan Savage's column.

UGAalum94 02-11-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella_Petit (Post 1776600)
This one happened last year. On Bid Day, we were celebrating with our new PNM's and took pictures. When we were back at the house, I was talking to one PNM because I didn't get to meet her during recruitment. When I asked her who else she preffed, she gave me an odd look and said she didn't pref anyone. She wanted to join a sorority but didn't participate in rush. She picked the sorority she wanted, hung out with the PNM's on Bid Day and ran with them to us. :eek: She was in our pictures posing with our new member class and our actives. I had to excuse myself and tell our advisors about her and they had to take her to another room and tell her that one can't just pick a sorority and join them on Bid Day. There is a process to it. She took it well but refused to return the Bid Day gifts of tote, shirts and trinkets because she liked them and thought they were pretty. It was a while before she was convinced to return them and leave.

Not this one so much. Wow.

violetpretty 02-11-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1778036)
And OTW, I'm not sure if she got into a chapter. I'm actually dying to find out...I'll know when the sororities publish their pledge class names in the paper.

You have to tell me too!
Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1778037)
For The Win.

Definitely top 5 all time on this thread. Right up there with your crying girl.

AOEforme 02-11-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel (Post 1778580)
The term is actually "saddlebacking" per Dan Savage's column.

shout out to the Onion!

GammaPhi88 02-12-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violetpretty (Post 1778583)

Definitely top 5 all time on this thread. Right up there with your crying girl.

Right up there with crying girl? Wow! I'm not sure how to feel!

But I will let you all know when/if I find out if she pledged. I've checked out the pledge class ads that come out in our school paper, and so far I know that she is not in five out of twelve chapters, including my own. As more pledge class lists are released, I'll let you all know!

littleowl33 02-12-2009 04:18 PM

This one is actually kind of embarassing for me...

We finished up Recruitment not too long ago, and during one of the rounds I had a girl who was nearly impossible to talk to. She would answer with one-liners and seemed really uninterested. Undeterred, I tried to get her to talk... and finally one of my sisters stopping by to say Hi mentioned that the PNM was a biomedical engineer, a really tough major that some of my friends are in. Finally, something to talk about! I went on and on for like 10 minutes about how great it was that she's a BME, what other sisters are BMEs, how I have BME friends, whether she likes her BME classes, etc. etc. until the party ended and we chanted them out.

Back in my Bump group, I was telling my sisters about our conversation... and one of the sisters says "Um, she's not a BME. She's [some other major]." It turns out I had heard my sister wrong and I had blabbed on for 10 minutes about a major that wasn't even her's... and she had never corrected me! I was so embarassed. At least she wasn't back next round. I don't know what I would have talked to her about! :o

couggirl 02-12-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 (Post 1778815)
Right up there with crying girl? Wow! I'm not sure how to feel!

But I will let you all know when/if I find out if she pledged. I've checked out the pledge class ads that come out in our school paper, and so far I know that she is not in five out of twelve chapters, including my own. As more pledge class lists are released, I'll let you all know!

what about T-shirt girl? do you know where she ended up?

tri deezy 02-23-2009 05:43 PM

I'm bumping this with a quick little one because this is pretty much my favorite thread (along with the "what do you look like/ pictures of GCers" thread, wherever that disappeared to.)

My only story is that we had a girl come through with visible chest hair. Like, seriously? I'd feel bad so openly judging by appearance, but there's a such thing as tweezers, or wax, or even a razor, so I don't feel bad.

lsucajun8 03-15-2009 11:03 AM

This thread is absolutely the most entertaining that I have ever read on GC!! Keep 'em coming!:)