GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Dating & Relationships (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Wedding Colors/Theme (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=85406)

KatieKate1244 03-13-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin (Post 1412398)
Camo and blaze orange, YAY hunting.

As much as I hate to say this....I've seen it done.

KSUViolet06 03-13-2007 07:32 PM

I wouldn't want to do a theme. Not that I have anything against them, I've just seen way too many "themes gone way too far" kind of weddings (like a pirate wedding on a pirate boat with the bride & groom wearing pirate outfits with their vows done in pirate-speak). I want to just keep things simple.

As far as colors, I like ivory & pastel blue. Since I'd like to get married on a beach, I think those would look really good against the sand/water.

LPIDelta 03-13-2007 07:42 PM

I once witnessed a wedding reception at a Golden Corral...what kind of a theme wedding do you think that was?

KSUViolet06 03-13-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather17 (Post 1412597)
I once witnessed a wedding reception at a Golden Corral...what kind of a theme wedding do you think that was?

I'll take white trash for 100 Heather?

GeekyPenguin 03-13-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieKate1244 (Post 1412552)
As much as I hate to say this....I've seen it done.

So have I. ;)

LPIDelta 03-13-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1412600)
I'll take white trash for 100 Heather?

Except that the groom was the only white person in the wedding party or in the family at the "reception"...it was really crazy. I was trying so hard to figure it our, my husband had to tell me to stop staring.

AlexMack 03-13-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather17 (Post 1412638)
Except that the groom was the only white person in the wedding party or in the family at the "reception"...it was really crazy. I was trying so hard to figure it our, my husband had to tell me to stop staring.

Was it something like this: http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22002

I can't find the photos I'm looking for, they're even better.

AlphaGamDiva 03-13-2007 11:53 PM

june wedding....doing light-kinda-sky-blue bridesmaid dresses with pale yellow roses

NinjaPoodle 07-11-2007 08:21 PM

Spring or Summer*** Lavender, baby blue and pale yellow OR hues of blue:)
Fall ** Maroon/Burgundy and ivory

FiReKraCkEr 07-11-2007 09:32 PM

I did Shades of purple, Silver, Ivory, and Black! I loved it!

CrimsonLadybug 07-17-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTSUGURL (Post 1412444)
Depending on the season...

Summer - brown and blue
Spring - blue and white
Fall - brown, gold, red, orange
Winter - red and black

Only something like 13% of all US weddings are in the winter. And white with red accents is a very popular winter wedding color (er...colors?). Just FYI.

I am completely committed to a summer wedding. Twilight time when the air is just starting to cool off for the day. It's my favorite time of all and what better time for a wedding than your favorite time of all? I love planning parties and am super creative so I have my dream wedding all planned out, start to finish, with only a few minor details missing but I'll spare you all of that. The "theme" is water because I am a Scorpio, my ex-fiance was a Pisces and my dream husband/celebrity crush is a Cancer (actually, I don't think my "dream husband" has a sign...if he does I missed it, which is highly unlikely).

My colors are lavender and navy blue. My bride's maids' dresses will be two pieces with navy A-line skirts and lavendar tops of their choice and my matron of honor's dress will be the opposite (mostly to keep the lavender away from her glowing red hair). Flowers will be varying blue and purple wildflowers. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have it near a waterfall but if not a giant fountain would suffice. :D

ZTAMich 07-17-2007 02:11 PM

Getting married in October. We're using Brown & Cream. My dress is Ivory. Not a lot of flowers besides the bouquets & other ceremony flowers but a lot of candles & lanterns at the reception.

OtterXO 07-17-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTAMich (Post 1486668)
Getting married in October. We're using Brown & Cream. My dress is Ivory. Not a lot of flowers besides the bouquets & other ceremony flowers but a lot of candles & lanterns at the reception.

That sounds really pretty! Everything will be the color of candlelight!

honeychile 07-17-2007 02:47 PM

The best theme weddings I ever attended were when both the bride and the groom were (Revolutionary War, Civil War, etc) reenactors. It gave them a chance to have a historical theme, and get new reenacting clothes!

As for me, I'd only agree to a Christmastime wedding - most of the decorations would already be in place!

PhoenixAzul 07-17-2007 10:51 PM

So I've picked a weird time to get married. I'm not quite sure what the heck I'm planning. We're getting married Nov. 8 of 08. So...late fall, early winter. It is western PA so it could snow. Or it could be beautiful. I've sort of "decided" upon a red theme, with very light gold accents. My dress itself is a "light gold" (ivory to most sane people) so that's sort of why I went that way. Plus it is easy to get bridesmaids dresses in reds and golds and other fall colors.