GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Feel like a PNM mom right now! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=233593)

QueenD 08-18-2017 04:59 PM

Feel like a PNM mom right now!

Hey all! I don't have any kids but I feel as much like a PNM mom as I likely ever will right now! My best friend's daughter, A, started recruitment today! She is rushing at my alma mater, which is a small system at a school in the Midwest. I was recently a chapter and recruitment adviser at the school and am very familiar with all the chapters and how things run there.

A seems very open to all possibilities, including that greek life may not be for her right now, and has a good attitude. Her mom told her that if she's got questions she should contact me so I've been giving her good detail on the process and keeping it Panhellenic. I can't wait to see how she likes today!

tcsparky 08-18-2017 05:11 PM

Keep us posted!

Keep us posted as much as you can as she goes through! You know how we love our version of reality TV!!!

FSUZeta 08-18-2017 08:47 PM

Good luck to her!

QueenD 08-18-2017 11:53 PM

Well, I heard back from A tonight. She enjoyed her time today quite a bit. Right now, she likes two other house which are traditionally strong at formal recruitment more than my chapter, but is excited to go back to all of them tomorrow. Her favorite (by a smidge) has typically had to make the steepest cuts on day 1 since RFM came to campus, and I know from experience that they often cut girls with similar profile to A, so if she gets an invite tomorrow from them it will be a very big deal. (I haven't told her any of that though. I have told her that she might not be invited back everywhere tomorrow, and that is okay because all the chapters are good at this school.)

She will learn her schedule shortly before the parties tomorrow!

QueenD 08-19-2017 09:06 PM

Sisterhood Day!

A went to Sisterhood/House Tour day today. This day changed her mind on the order of preference for the sororities significantly. She had a full schedule and s placed my chapter in her top 2 for pref tomorrow, which has me very excited! Knowing the school, I think she is much better suited to my chapter than her other favorite, but time will tell how it shakes out. She did tell me she wants to talk tonight so she may get a little bit of a Panhellenic pref talk from me. ;)

SAMKD 08-19-2017 10:52 PM

Awesome, best to her!

QueenD 08-20-2017 04:34 PM

Pref Update!

A had one invitation to pref today - my chapter! The house that she had liked best the other 2 days cut her. She was very chill about having just one invite - not at all upset like some might be because she knows it only takes one! She adored pref at my chapter and says she will definitely join if offered a bid so YAY! She hasn't quite gotten the hang of the guaranteed bid part of RFM. so she doesn't realize that her bid day is already determined. :)

I'll share more tomorrow!

QueenD 08-21-2017 06:14 PM

RESULTS!!

Well, A just went to campus for bid day stuff and very excitedly sent me a pic of her bid toooooo.....

KAPPA DELTA!

thetalady 08-21-2017 08:31 PM

Congratulations to you both!!!

Loyally Kappa 08-21-2017 08:48 PM

Let the fun times begin!

kdonline 08-22-2017 01:02 PM

A big welcome to our new sister!! <3

SAMKD 08-22-2017 06:41 PM

Yippee! Welcome to KD and a big congrats to our new sister!!

QueenD 08-23-2017 10:09 PM

Thanks to everyone who followed along with my little thread! I got to go see A for a bit yesterday, which was the day after bid day. I took her some white roses (and a flower arrangement with ZTA colors for her roommate). We had pie and lunch at the traditional KD hangout pie shop, and I went over all kinds of info with her. I encouraged her to spend as much time as possible at the house since her parlor fees cover plenty of meals and it's the best way to shop for new friends and a big sister! She loved first degree and is ready for new member classes to start Sunday!

AnchorAlumna 08-24-2017 03:40 PM

Congratulations!!

ZTA72 08-25-2017 09:45 AM

i'm so happy for both you and "A". Thanks for bringing flowers to her roommate, my sister! Very kind.