GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why Paris Hilton Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=90920)

Glitter650 10-18-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTAngel (Post 1538476)
As an alum, I can look back and be grateful that none of them (well, except for Mandy) went to UCF nor went through recruitment. It would have been a huge risk management issue to have them in our chapters. I think many collegiate members feel differently, though. Could you imagine the prestige and the popularity that would have come along with bidding the 2000 Britney??? The collegiate members don't see the potential drawbacks that could occur. I know a lot of us are saying that we wouldn't want a girl like Paris or Britney in our chapters but that's because most of us are wise alum. :) I know that I felt differently back when I was 19/20 years old.

SOOO true ! There was an issue in my chapter that makes me think the EXACT same thing.

honeychile 10-18-2007 11:59 AM

Our UCLA chapter pledged Danica MacKeller, who had just finished on Wonder Years. I wish I could tell you what excitement that caused, but I've never been to a California recruitment.

Glitter650 10-18-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 1538989)
Our UCLA chapter pledged Danica MacKeller, who had just finished on Wonder Years. I wish I could tell you what excitement that caused, but I've never been to a California recruitment.

I heart winnie cooper !!!!! :D

Low C Sharp 10-19-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Jenna Bush at UT must have been crazy
Would it have been? My guess is everyone knew she was going to go Theta from minute one, and there wouldn't have been much suspense involved.
________
Hyde Park Residence Prathumnak

sageofages 10-19-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low C Sharp (Post 1539349)
Would it have been? My guess is everyone knew she was going to go Theta from minute one, and there wouldn't have been much suspense involved.

Yes, but how annoying would it have been to have secret service attend recruitment. Men in black suits standing outside the door during the "party"...after having gone in and check out security before hand.

I think I would have voted to cut her just to avoid that hassle! (catty I know...but truthful nonetheless)

33girl 10-19-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sageofages (Post 1539403)
I think I would have voted to cut her just to avoid that hassle! (catty I know...but truthful nonetheless)

Unless, of course, the secret service guys were hot. :D

ealymc 10-19-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aephi alum (Post 1537071)
Not to mention she'd be a risk management nightmare...

I concur! LOL :D

sageofages 10-19-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 1539415)
Unless, of course, the secret service guys were hot. :D

Right...men in dark suits at a candlelight just doesn't do it for me :) (and one of my closest Phi Mu sisters is married to a former Secret Service guy...and yes he is hot!)

Cluey 10-19-2007 05:03 PM

When I was in graduate school, we used to see the Secret Services guys all the time. We even ran into the Presidential Food Service at the grocery store a time or two. Back to my point! Every single one of those guys was hot! I really envied Jenna and Barbara.... ;)

honeychile 10-19-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sageofages (Post 1539546)
Right...men in dark suits at a candlelight just doesn't do it for me :) (and one of my closest Phi Mu sisters is married to a former Secret Service guy...and yes he is hot!)

I've yet to meet a Secret Service agent who wasn't on the hot side - but then, power is intoxicating!

Low C Sharp 10-20-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Men in black suits
Chelsea's protection wore shorts and flip-flops in order to blend in at Stanford; the Bush twins' protection didn't do this?
________
Dennie

Anniebell 10-20-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 1537978)
Not my chapter. With the grade risk, the risk management, and (oh, the horror!) the jail sentence, I highly doubt that she'd be considered.

Money can buy a lot of things, but not intelligence nor class.

Or a Bid to Kappa Kappa Gamma.

And the book is for sale on the Kappa Website, they would mention if it was by an alum.