GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kappa Delta Trivia (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=83962)

DaffyKD 01-17-2007 06:30 PM

Kappa Delta Trivia

I have seen this thread on other boards. Here is the first trivia question:

In the early years of KD, there was talk of KD being absorbed by a larger group, actually at the time of the final vote, there was a lot of argument against it that the decision was never finalized. Which group almost absorbed KD? per information in Ordinary Miracles

DaffyKD

Leslie Anne 01-18-2007 04:51 PM

It was the esteemed Kappa Alpha Theta that almost absorbed KD.

Obviously I'm glad it didn't happen, but I have so much admiration for Theta that I'm sure if it had happened things would have worked out.

I remember reading about the possible merger and what a tough time KD was going through. (I think this was in the early 1910's) It makes me proud that KD stuck it out, being "the new kid on the block".

Do I get to pose the next question?

In what year did Kappa Delta become a "sorority" instead of a "fraternity"?

kathykd2005 01-18-2007 06:28 PM

:)~

KDAngel 01-18-2007 08:04 PM

Let's just pretend it was a test to make sure we knew that. Yay! We all passed. :p

Leslie Anne 01-18-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDAngel (Post 1385927)
Let's just pretend it was a test to make sure we knew that. Yay! We all passed. :p

HaHa!! Yes, it was all just a scheme so I could find out who the real KDs were. :)

Okay, onto other things....

KDAngel 01-18-2007 11:51 PM

I seriously wish I knew more trivia questions to ask... where do I find these things? :p

Okay, so I don't have the answer to this, but I think it'd be interesting if someone knows or if we could find out -- how much were dues when our founders first started KD?

Leslie Anne 01-19-2007 12:28 AM

The best place for this kind of information is Ordinary Miracles. I ordered mine through National HQ, but I'm not sure if they still have them available. I would definitely give it a try though. It's a wonderful book to have. Some of the more obscure info can be found in either of the two Kappa Delta History books. These are pretty hard to come by though.

To answer your question about dues.... The first mention I've found is from notes on the first convention in 1903. Each chapter was to give $15 annually to the Grand Chapter. It doesn't mention individual dues though.

Notes on the ninth convention in 1911 note that "dues were increased to four dollars annually". What they were increased from I don't know.

DaffyKD 01-19-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathykd2005 (Post 1385886)
I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to post that information. :)

Each of the questions being asked are available in Ordinary Miracles and in the both sets of the history of KD. Nothing asked is confidential.

DaffyKD

KDAngel 01-19-2007 11:26 AM

The Ordinary Miracles video was the best. I wish that it was still up on the KD site. But the book is available on the KD site in the Boutiquehttp://www.kappadelta.org/Boutique.htm I think I'll have to ask for a copy for my birthday coming up next month. :)

Leslie Anne 01-19-2007 04:41 PM

Another question

Okay, so don't have a cow. I'm not asking anything that isn't in the history books. :)

Here's the question:

"Charlie" regularly attended the earliest of Kappa Delta's initiations at Farmville. Who was he and why was he there?

The fraternity/sorority question is also still up for grabs.

Someone's got to take a stab at these or I'm going to become a thread hog.:p

kathykd2005 01-19-2007 05:33 PM

Was "Charlie" a goat--I remember reading that new members used to be called goats. My chapter always had a running joke about a goat being involved with KD. :D And I won't have a cow--trust me, I'm not like that.

kathykd2005 01-19-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaffyKD (Post 1386081)
Each of the questions being asked are available in Ordinary Miracles and in the both sets of the history of KD. Nothing asked is confidential.

DaffyKD

Ok, let's just move on from that question please. :-D

kddani 01-19-2007 06:47 PM

Hey ladies,I know you're aware of this but i'll say it again in case any other KDs come to this thread. I think it's a great idea, but please please please think about whether or not what you want to say is ritual related- and remember that ritual is more than just initiation.

I'm mainly saying this because I started a new job yesterday and won't really be able to be online during the workday to do clean up if needed.

Hope everyone's new year is as off to as good a start as mine! New job and trying to buy a townhouse :)

Leslie Anne 01-19-2007 09:30 PM

Darn it! The next question I was going to ask was what does AOT mean! (just kidding)

Seriously though...congratulations on the new job, Dani!:)

Leslie Anne 01-19-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathykd2005 (Post 1386394)
Was "Charlie" a goat--I remember reading that new members used to be called goats. My chapter always had a running joke about a goat being involved with KD. :D And I won't have a cow--trust me, I'm not like that.

Good guess, Kathy, but no Charlie was not a goat. :p