GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Possible Recruitment Numbers for NPC Chapters in 2012 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=127609)

Football Fan 06-27-2012 11:37 PM

Possible Recruitment Numbers for NPC Chapters in 2012

Last year there were record numbers of possible new members at many campuses across the country who registered for sorority recruitment. I think it has been written there are already 1400 women registered at Univ. of Georgia.

Does anyone know how many are expected to register this year at Alabama, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Texas, Florida, Florida State or Mississippi? It would be interesting to see if more records will be broken in 2012.

BamaGirlPNM 06-28-2012 12:09 AM

As I just posted in the Bama thread, as of today 1,516 PNM's have registered for recruitment already; I know someone mentioned that the number that go through recruitment is expected to be about 2,000

wavycutchip 06-28-2012 07:52 AM

Arkansas expects 1500 PNMs, and told the 8 current chapters to expect quota of 150. Looking forward to Alpha Chi and Phi Mu getting on campus this fall to help lower quota!!

Vitashort 06-28-2012 08:26 AM

Where can you find out how many people are registered? I'd like to find out for my school as well.

AnchorAlumna 06-28-2012 10:36 AM

Sometimes the school's Panhellenic will post on their website or on their Facebook page.
Otherwise, you have to have access to ICS.

KSUViolet06 06-28-2012 07:33 PM

^^^Yep.

If your school doesn't tweet or FB it (which they sometimes do if it's a record high number, only those who are "in the know" have the exact numbers (Advisors, Greek Life staff, Recruitment Counselors, chapter Recruitment Directors/VPs of Recruitment, etc.)

To add to the discussion, Kent will most likely have record high numbers this year as well. Quota was near 50 last year.

Football Fan 07-10-2012 12:19 AM

Alabama

AnchorAlumna posted tonight over 1600 women have registered for University of Alabama NPC recruitment.

Football Fan 07-10-2012 12:31 AM

Arkansas

Another large number was posted. So far at the University of Arkansas 1200 have registered for recruitment.

Just interested 07-10-2012 04:38 PM

I put this in another thread before I saw this one but rumor is that Texas expects 1300 or more. That will be amazing. I do know the number of girls signed up through alumnae panhellenics in Houston and Dallas are higher than in recent memory so it is promising.

pam713 07-10-2012 09:51 PM

I just heard today that Alabama has added another day of recruitment to accommodate a record number of girls.

Ladybugmom 07-11-2012 10:38 AM

Texas and Texas Tech have also added an extra Open House day due to the large numbers last year. I know at Texas, they were having to add extra parties onto the schedule each day which was exhausting for the girls...but exciting!
I know that there are considerably more girls coming through from my daughter's high school than in the past two years. There is definitley an upward trend again this year.

ForeverRoses 07-11-2012 11:49 AM

I love hearing about record recruitment numbers at every school but Indiana. I shudder at the thought of record recruitment numbers there! (however the previous few years numbers have been increasing...)

atrianglepi 07-11-2012 12:10 PM

Quota last year at S. Carolina was 108. So glad that AGD will be a colony this year. Pledge classes seem to be getting larger all over the SEC.

IndianaSigKap 07-11-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoses (Post 2157902)
I love hearing about record recruitment numbers at every school but Indiana. I shudder at the thought of record recruitment numbers there! (however the previous few years numbers have been increasing...)

As we all know, the problem with Indiana is that even though more women may register for recruitment, the number placed does not go up. The addition of Alpha Sigma Alpha will help the situation a little, but bed quota is bed quota....hence the issue. As far as I know, there isn't a chapter slated to be added in 2013 since Tri Sigma declined.

arrowlady 07-11-2012 08:25 PM

Have heard that Ok State, Texas A&M and UNT all have more registered this year than last year.

I think it is so exciting to see Greek Life growing at so many schools!