GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   University of Texas- Austin Rush (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=98566)

srmom 12-08-2009 12:23 PM

I can check into it with my girls at UT, see if they've heard anything.

It will be hard to completely stop though! Fraternities have parties all summer long, freshmen and sorority girls attend, how do you not communicate? I guess the invites and pre-dinners will be done away with, but they will be running into each other none-the-less.

33girl 12-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utkdce (Post 1873394)
I was told that the national president from every NPC organization on campus has signed on to an agreement that there will be no summer rushing at UT.

LOL. I'm sure the 80 ookabillion old school alumnae will get right on board with that and completely follow that rule. Sorry to sound so cynical, but this sounds like the "frills will be completely gone from recruitment within a few years" speech I heard in 1995.

utkdce 12-08-2009 12:31 PM

No argument here, 33girl. My first question was - how is this going to be enforced? If it's just fines, that's nothing new. Fines just become part of the rush budget.

srmom 12-08-2009 02:42 PM

That's my point too, how will it be enforced. When girls are coming up to Austin all summer long for orientation, there are parties all week, sorority girls are there, freshmen are there... how is that going to stop?

They can do away with the contacting rushees and inviting them over, but they are coming to Austin anyway. And, there's always the "Susie Q is coming to stay with her active sister/neighbor/bff from home and bringing a few friends with her. Will that be outlawed? If so, how will it be enforced. I guess if houses start turning in other houses any time they see what they feel is an infraction, which could get ugly...

On the bright side, they can use the money they spent on the summer rush house/condo to pay the upcoming fines ;)

emilyfs 12-10-2009 05:44 PM

spring rush

thanks for the help! i'm planning on transferring in the spring (i'm a soph right now) and i don't know ANYONE at UT. because i'm coming from out of state, a lot of my credits aren't going to transfer, so i'll have a while at UT and i really would like to do a sorority... i heard this will help when rushing as an upperclassman. i have a high GPA and can get good recs, but i don't know if i'll be completely shunned because i'm old! hahah, any advice?

aopirose 12-10-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 1873402)
LOL. I'm sure the 80 ookabillion old school alumnae will get right on board with that and completely follow that rule. Sorry to sound so cynical, but this sounds like the "frills will be completely gone from recruitment within a few years" speech I heard in 1995.

Ain't that the truth.

KSUViolet06 12-10-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyfs (Post 1874164)
thanks for the help! i'm planning on transferring in the spring (i'm a soph right now) and i don't know ANYONE at UT. because i'm coming from out of state, a lot of my credits aren't going to transfer, so i'll have a while at UT and i really would like to do a sorority... i heard this will help when rushing as an upperclassman. i have a high GPA and can get good recs, but i don't know if i'll be completely shunned because i'm old! hahah, any advice?

Rushing as a sophomore or upperclassman at UT