GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Zeta Phi Beta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   What are you all reading (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=7731)

Chi_ZETABBW 05-16-2001 08:10 PM

What are you all reading

I'm reading A DAY LATE, A DOLLAR SHORT. Actually I been reading it for the last 2 months. I have got half way through, but just have not been able to finish. But I like it thus far.

RHOyal-Silence 05-16-2001 09:30 PM

i just bought that book not too long ago.
right now i am about 10 pages from being finished with For the Love Of Money by Omar Tyree.

i'll probably start on a day late...next.

i also just bought Abide with Me by E.Lynn Harris. i've read all of his other books. so i am expecting good things from this one.

prospectiverushee 05-16-2001 11:52 PM

I'm reading Cheaters by Eric J. Dickey right now. I would like to read Terry McMillan's new book,but I can't afford it right now. I thought about checking it out from my school's library,but it's checked out till August

SweetestDiva 05-17-2001 01:22 AM

I just finished "God Don't Like Ugly". If you haven't.. read it. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

ZetaAce 05-17-2001 09:21 AM

Analyzing Requirements and Defining Soulution Architectures by Syngress

ZetaAce

(Yeah, I'm studying...)

lastpoetnsite 05-18-2001 12:33 AM

much respect...

i'm reading Dark Matter an anthology of science fiction written by african-americans.

the best story so far is called Space Traders...aliens come to the USA and offer to clean up the enviornment, give enough gold to clear the national debt 2X over...with one catch...they want all people who are classified as African-Americans...what will happen? you have to read it!

peace

D.E.M.4's 05-22-2001 10:02 AM

I know everyone is talking about the books from Omar Tyree and Terry McMillin and E. Lynn Harris. But I thought I'd let you all know that the Harry Potter books are off the hook! Everyone in my office was reading it (by the way I am the only black person) and was saying that the book was so good. I was against reading a children's book but I wwas so wrong. First it is a book about children growing up but the book is made for the older reader. I highly recommend Harry Potter 1,2,3 and 4. If you love to use your imagination you will be thoroughly surprise and I peronally think that the author is a WITCH!

------------------
"If you know from whence you came there is no limit to where you can go." 'Frederick Douglas'

kiml122 05-22-2001 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chi_ZETABBW:
I'm reading A DAY LATE, A DOLLAR SHORT. Actually I been reading it for the last 2 months. I have got half way through, but just have not been able to finish. But I like it thus far.

I just finished reading this book on Sunday. The ending took me by surprise, I think.

------------------
Holla - 2001
KL

Finer Woman10-A-91 05-22-2001 11:49 AM

I am reading IRS documents! Argh! However, for those of you who are entrepreneurs, check out the the www.irs.gov site. The IRS puts out this free cd rom for small business owners...VERY IMPORTANT information. I need a good accountant!

Anyhoo, I tend to stray away from fiction these days. But I would like to find an easy ready that does n't necessarily involve some woman getting her heart broken over some man she should have never been with in the first place!

I puchased On Her Own Ground...the life and times of Madam C. J. Walker...its a Loooooooong read...but very insightful and full of great historical information.

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!

Shelacious 05-22-2001 07:26 PM

I love to read! I am reading some old and new stuff...

I just finished "My Soul To Keep" by Tananarive Due. Excellent book. She also wrote "The InBetween". If you like sci-fi-ish type books, you'll LOVE her! I also read "The Wake of the Wind" by J. California Cooper--another excellent book by her.

I also just finished some EJDickey book I bought at the airport last weekend, Cheaters, I think. Typical fare. I finally read the Shipping News by E. Annie Prolux (being made into a movie, I hear) and now reading "A Simple Plan" by Scott Smith, that I picked up at a flea market this weekend along with "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand and "Hannibal" by Thomas Harris(?).

------------------
Finer Womanhood: the "Cat's Meow" Since 1920

RHOyal-Silence 05-22-2001 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lastpoetnsite:
much respect...

i'm reading Dark Matter an anthology of science fiction written by african-americans.

the best story so far is called Space Traders...aliens come to the USA and offer to clean up the enviornment, give enough gold to clear the national debt 2X over...with one catch...they want all people who are classified as African-Americans...what will happen? you have to read it!

peace

if you like that story you should check out Dawn by Octavia Butler.
i believe that that book is the first of a trilogy. it is really good.

[This message has been edited by RHOyal-Silence (edited May 22, 2001).]

Little32 05-22-2001 11:15 PM

I read I am Legend by Richard Matheson a few weeks ago. Hands down, it is one of the best vampire novels I have ever read. I am really into horror, particularly vampires. I dabble with witches, maybe I will check out Harry Potter next.

kiml122 05-23-2001 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shelacious:
I just finished "My Soul To Keep" by Tananarive Due. Excellent book.

I don't know to many people that have read that book. That book was truly Excellent. I don't even really care for those types of books, but I was given it to try by a friend of mine, and I am glad that I read it.

------------------
Holla - 2001
KL

RaHel 05-23-2001 11:24 AM

About a month ago I got done reading "The Coldest Winter Ever" by Sista Souljah. It was a pretty good read. Not informational or anything like that, well I guess it just depends on how you take it. I liked it though. Now, I'm reading a book called "Eros Love". I forget who it's by but it's really good. Eros Love= physical, sexual love.

------------------
-"Question everything, be confident in nothing"

Tru Blue Lady 05-23-2001 04:07 PM

I just finished reading Sorority Sisters, it was a very intrestng book. I am currently reading A day Late a Dollar Short by Terry McMillian

------------------
"You know she's a lady cause if she's a Zeta, she'll be wearing royal blue and white....."