GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What do you feel like saying, right now? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=77510)

Cookiez17 07-19-2020 11:01 PM

I'm still bitter about my semester ending prematurely. In hindsight it was the right thing to do but I still feel sad that I missed out on the usual senior festivities that come with the last semester :(

wrigley 07-20-2020 02:58 PM

I can remember my Greekchat password after all of this time. But ask me to remember another one that I use more often. Lol.

Cheerio 07-24-2020 11:15 PM

A local radio station caller asked why Mayor Lightfoot didn't ask her Chicago residents, stakeholders and constituents to vote on whether the Christopher Columbus statues ought to have been removed. Right.

aephi alum 07-27-2020 06:53 PM

A little while back, a ruling was made (I'm not recalling if it applied to the whole state of Louisiana or just New Orleans) that bars could only sell to-go drinks. They didn't want people congregating at bars and spreading COVID-19.

So what happened? A whole bunch of people (probably mostly tourists) descended on Bourbon St. and got to-go drinks and hung out in the French Quarter. I've seen pictures. No social distancing, very few masks, and most of the people with masks were wearing them as chin straps. (We've had a mask mandate since March.)

Result: The mayor of New Orleans decreed that, as of this past Saturday, to-go drinks were verboten. This applies to both bars and restaurants. So the bars are all closed again, and part of what makes this city unique has gone up in smoke. Probably the right call, but still ... :(

In other words: THEY TOOK THE BAR! THEY TOOK THE WHOLE FUCKING BAR! THEY TOOK ALL THE FUCKING BARS!!!

honeychile 07-27-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aephi alum (Post 2477508)
A little while back, a ruling was made (I'm not recalling if it applied to the whole state of Louisiana or just New Orleans) that bars could only sell to-go drinks. They didn't want people congregating at bars and spreading COVID-19.

So what happened? A whole bunch of people (probably mostly tourists) descended on Bourbon St. and got to-go drinks and hung out in the French Quarter. I've seen pictures. No social distancing, very few masks, and most of the people with masks were wearing them as chin straps. (We've had a mask mandate since March.)

Result: The mayor of New Orleans decreed that, as of this past Saturday, to-go drinks were verboten. This applies to both bars and restaurants. So the bars are all closed again, and part of what makes this city unique has gone up in smoke. Probably the right call, but still ... :(

In other words: THEY TOOK THE BAR! THEY TOOK THE WHOLE FUCKING BAR! THEY TOOK ALL THE FUCKING BARS!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the much needed laugh!!

NinjaPoodle 08-03-2020 02:40 AM

In doing my research for a story that I’m writing, it behooves me to know that in 1960, City College of San Francisco had 15 social sororities and fraternities on campus.
From the schools founding in 1935, there had been fraternities and sororities but I think by 1960 they were peeking In popularity.

Listed in no particular order the sororities:

Delta Phi, Delta Sigma Tau, Gamma Kappa Beta, Kappa Phi, Phi Beta Rho, Theta Tau, Zeta Chi.

The fraternities included:
Alpha Kappa Rho, Alpha Phi Epsilon, Alpha Sigma Delta, Beta Tau, Gamma Phi Upsilon (Ypsilon), Phi Beta Delta, Tau Chi Sigma, Zeta Phi Sigma.

I have so many questions

NinjaPoodle 08-06-2020 04:37 PM

So, as I’m doing my research I just came across a GEM. I found an article, and photo of course, written about O.J. Simpson circa October 29, 1969. The newspaper is the Guardsman which is the official student publication of City College of San Francisco.

Cheerio 08-12-2020 05:32 PM

;) everyone feel free to sing along, the tune is Silhouettes on the Shade...

Silhouettes [silhouettes]
ty oh oh oh

Kamala [Kamala]
Kamala [Kamala]
Kamala [Kamala]
ty oh oh oh oh...
It's Kamala, for V.P!

sigtau305 08-13-2020 11:22 AM

Enjoying my birthday. Eating breakfast before going to the gym.

Cheerio 08-14-2020 07:16 PM

Remember in the 1976 movie "Carrie" how the mean group of kids made all the officially voted prom candidate ballots disappear?

Yeah, real life's gonna have something like that happen pretty soon.

Bummer.

FSUZeta 08-21-2020 06:03 AM

Good morning.

tcsparky 08-21-2020 07:23 AM

The wind is insane here! 45 mph gusts in the UK today. My laundry will dry very quickly!

AGDee 08-21-2020 09:45 PM

We just had an earthquake about 20 miles south of me (southeastern Michigan)

NinjaPoodle 08-22-2020 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2478508)
We just had an earthquake about 20 miles south of me (southeastern Michigan)

:eek:

FSUZeta 08-22-2020 07:42 AM

So 2020, I see you're not done yet. 2 hurricanes? Really?