GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Real World--Austin (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=68547)

AGDsquirrell414 07-19-2005 10:18 PM

Real World--Austin

Hey guys,
I just wanted to let u know that Johanna from the Real World Austin is a Gamma Phi Beta!! I was watching the show earlier tonight and she had on a Gamma Phi sweatshirt!

whittleschmeg 07-19-2005 10:34 PM

Re: Real World--Austin

Quote:

Originally posted by AGDsquirrell414
Hey guys,
I just wanted to let u know that Johanna from the Real World Austin is a Gamma Phi Beta!! I was watching the show earlier tonight and she had on a Gamma Phi sweatshirt!

Dude I totally saww that too and was going to post it goodlookin out

SouthernXO 07-20-2005 03:14 AM

I saw that too. What I thought was interesting was that there is a thread on this site about greeks going on RealWorld, etc and a lot of people said that at the very least they were encouraged to be discrete with their letters if they were going on the show. I guess we'll find out if Johanna will help or hurt the Gamma Phi rep.

squirrely girl 07-20-2005 04:16 AM

well on the plus side, she hasn't stripped down and run around the house with a whip yet! so yeah!

- marissa

PM_Mama00 07-20-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lilsunshine214
I sort of like Johanna. She's a strong woman and shows it on the show. Like, she's not hooking up with every guy she sees and she's not gossiping about everyone. I don't think she's doing too bad of a job representing so far.
Except getting sloppy drunk which in the longrun Danny ended up having to get surgery on his eye for.

But I do like her a lot better than the others.

OleMissGlitter 07-20-2005 11:55 AM

I wonder what chapter she is from?

DSTCHAOS 07-20-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lilsunshine214
I sort of like Johanna. She's a strong woman and shows it on the show. Like, she's not hooking up with every guy she sees and she's not gossiping about everyone. I don't think she's doing too bad of a job representing so far.
She's an idiot.

MoonStar17 07-20-2005 12:32 PM

I think johanna is doing OK so far, but its still early to really determine.

the one i think is a total idiot is melinda.. seriously..
she has a 3 year boyfriend ...breaks up with him for this guy on the show, acts like a SL*T, and prances around..and shes already telling danny... "oh i like you more than anyone ive ever been with" shes known him for HOW LONG? i think danny is going to see eventually that she is one bullet he needs to dodge and QUICK.. Danny's a cutie but she needs to learn some restraint and not throw herself on any cute guy willing to give her attention.

those are my two pennies anyways.. she just annoys me.

AXWhoah 07-20-2005 04:18 PM

Psshhh, I don't think any of them are that bad (well except when Melinda came out in that black outfit, can anyone say "look at me!"?). Besides these shows are edited to the nth degree....We see what the producers want us to see, we see a character that has been fabricated from snippets of someone's life. These people are probably so much more complex than frat guy, slutty chick, punk-y chick, etc. It's unfair to judge them, this show is for entertainment. The most important thing to remember is reality television is not reality.

rocketgirl 07-20-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
She's an idiot.
LOL I'm glad someone said it. At this point, I must cosign.

BabyPiNK_FL 07-20-2005 09:18 PM

Drinking problem much?

I think she has a REAL problem with alcohol. If when you get drunk you get mad and sorta lose your mind, and you know this and still drink to that point...you have a drinking problem. She went buck wild all over Nehemiah (sp?) I would definitely not want to know someone like that at ALL. And don't get me started on Melinda, I hope next time someone gets knocked the **** out, it's her. She needs to get some sense from somewhere. And some pants.

ADPi-Jen 07-20-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OleMissGlitter
I wonder what chapter she is from?
She said she is from Riverside, CA. There is a UC Riverside that I *think* has a Gammi Phi chapter. I'd wager that's where she's from.

MoonStar17 07-21-2005 09:52 AM

Re: Drinking problem much?

Quote:

Originally posted by BabyPiNK_FL
And don't get me started on Melinda, I hope next time someone gets knocked the **** out, it's her. She needs to get some sense from somewhere. And some pants.

Yes i agree... get the girl a pair of pants for goodness sakes!

mmcat 07-21-2005 11:46 PM

itty bitty point...
put the cast in the back of a pickup and have them give a rousing "eeehaw" in the intro to each show.
guess what...austin is a bit sophisticated and the capital.
that's kind of insulting.
i live in el paso and i drive a hyundai.
go fish.

rocketgirl 07-22-2005 06:18 AM

lol...but hey reguardless of how stupid everyone is...that's why the show is what it is. they get people that are going to be drunk and dumb so that we can watch, laugh and talk about them and they get ratings. go mtv, lol