GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   News & Politics (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Investigators end day-long search for Jimmy Hoffa's remains at Michigan field Read (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=134799)

moe.ron 06-17-2013 11:10 PM

Investigators end day-long search for Jimmy Hoffa's remains at Michigan field Read

Quote:

Investigators end day-long search for Jimmy Hoffa's remains at Michigan field

Investigators wrapped up their search for the remains of labor leader Jimmy Hoffa for the day after digging up a Michigan field and plan to resume Tuesday.

Hoffa's disappearance has baffled authorities for decades.

Mobster Tony Zerilli, 85, said earlier this year that the former Teamsters president was buried in a vacant lot in northern Oakland Township, which is about 20 miles from the restaurant where Hoffa was last seen in July 1975.

Zerilli added that the plan was to move Hoffa’s body at a later date, but it never materialized.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/17...#ixzz2WX9Theps

I was way off, thought it was somewhere in the Meadowlands, if they actually find his body.

AGDee 06-17-2013 11:27 PM

This is the fifth or sixth place they've excavated over the last couple years. I'd be shocked if they ever find him. Frankly, it's been so long I don't know why they're spending valuable resources continuing to search. We have enough other stuff for the police to be doing.

PiKA2001 06-18-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2221453)
This is the fifth or sixth place they've excavated over the last couple years. I'd be shocked if they ever find him. Frankly, it's been so long I don't know why they're spending valuable resources continuing to search. We have enough other stuff for the police to be doing.

Glory, fame, fortune...Gosh could you imagine being the guy who finds Hoffa's remains? A book deal and an interview with Oprah would be in your future.

Being probably the most famous missing person case of the 20th century I don't anticipate the search for Hoffa to end anytime in the near future, especially now that all the death bed confessions are starting to roll in.

What I still don't understand is where all these rumors and legends of Hoffa being buried in NJ or NY come from. Pretty much everyone who investigated the case believes that he was killed within an hour or two after he left that restaurant and it happened in the Detroit Metro area. Why anyone would think that somebody would be ballsy enough to try to transport his body across the country just to hid it in a interesting place is beyond my comprehension. If I had those sort of resources to dispose of a corpse, I'd just cremate the body and flush the ashes down a toilet.

ASTalumna06 06-18-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiKA2001 (Post 2221460)
Glory, fame, fortune...Gosh could you imagine being the guy who finds Hoffa's remains? A book deal and an interview with Oprah would be in your future.

Being probably the most famous missing person case of the 20th century I don't anticipate the search for Hoffa to end anytime in the near future, especially now that all the death bed confessions are starting to roll in.

Exactly. It's like Amelia Earhart or D.B. Cooper - people will continue to look until they find the answer. It may be for fame, or fortune, or just plain curiosity.. but I'm not shocked that people are still digging.

Quote:

What I still don't understand is where all these rumors and legends of Hoffa being buried in NJ or NY come from. Pretty much everyone who investigated the case believes that he was killed within an hour or two after he left that restaurant and it happened in the Detroit Metro area. Why anyone would think that somebody would be ballsy enough to try to transport his body across the country just to hid it in a interesting place is beyond my comprehension.
For every 100 people who think one thing, there's always at least one person who thinks another. And hey, crazier things have happened!

PM_Mama00 06-18-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2221453)

Tony Zerilli already said he's broke and needs money. He knows a lot. If they find nothing it's either because everything decomposed, they told him the wrong thing, or he's too old to remember. He is (was?) very close to the men who were supposed to meet Hoffa that day. i'm convinced Hoffa is in witness protection and that's why the FBI keeps acting on these tips. If they blow it off, the mafia might catch on that he's still alive somewhere.

Fun note: I went to school with Hoffa's great nephew. We used to joke that he was buried in his basement.

honeychile 06-18-2013 11:11 PM

Once we discovered that Hoffa wasn't in the disaster that was our friend's apartment, I figured that somewhere, in the good old USA, there is a Jimmy Hoffa Memorial Highway that nobody knows about.

AGDee 06-18-2013 11:40 PM

I have also speculated that he's in a witness protection program and they keep up the charade to hide it.

IndianaSigKap 06-18-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2221585)
I have also speculated that he's in a witness protection program and they keep up the charade to hide it.

My dad reads almost every book about the mafia that comes out and watches all kinds of TV shows about it and this is a popular theory. Many sources claim that Hoffa knew there were hits out on him. I would not be surprised at all to read in a few years that he passed away in witness protection.

ThetaPrincess24 06-19-2013 06:28 AM

I think someone gave him a bath in concrete somewhere.

PM_Mama00 06-19-2013 07:17 AM

All of this makes me giggle ;)

AGDee 06-19-2013 10:21 PM

They have concluded the search. Still no Hoffa.