GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Ready or Not, Here I Come Cyprus-Rhodes! (A "Greek" Based Recruitment Story) (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=114884)

18andRushing 07-21-2010 07:07 PM

Ready or Not, Here I Come Cyprus-Rhodes! (A "Greek" Based Recruitment Story)

Hi everybody! I am going to be going through recruitment this fall and I decided that I would help your symptoms of boredom at work (as I have read some posts :p) by posting my, hopefully, very detailed recruitment. My theme for this thread will be off of the t.v. show "Greek" considering I think that show is awesome.

Here are the code names for the houses which are characters from the show who are in sororities:

Casey
Rebecca
Ashleigh
Franny
Laura
Betsy
Jordan
Beth
Jen K
Brenda
Abby
Mandi
Lizzie
Robin
Tegan
Libby
Katherine
Janette
Natalie

(I'll color code them once there are less houses to choose from)

Yeah, pretty overwhelming, but I think I'll be able to handle it. Recruitment is 7 days long spread out over two weeks.
Day 1: Orientation
Day 2: Open House (first half)
Day 3: Open House (second half)
Day 4: First Invite (13 houses)
Day 5: Second Invite (7 houses)
Day 6: Pref (3 houses)
Day 7: Bid Day!

If you know what school I am going to, or who I really am (I created another account because I revealed too much in my other one) please do not post it on here. I don't want to jeopardize my chances.

Wish me luck! :D

Drolefille 07-21-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18andRushing (Post 1957407)
Hi everybody! I am going to be going through recruitment this fall and I decided that I would help your symptoms of boredom at work (as I have read some posts :p) by posting my, hopefully, very detailed recruitment. My theme for this thread will be off of the t.v. show "Greek" considering I think that show is awesome.

Here are the code names for the houses which are characters from the show who are in sororities:

Casey
Rebecca
Ashleigh
Franny
Laura
Betsy
Jordan
Beth
Jen K
Brenda
Abby
Mandi
Lizzie
Robin
Tegan
Libby
Katherine
Janette
Natalie

(I'll color code them once there are less houses to choose from)

Yeah, pretty overwhelming, but I think I'll be able to handle it. Recruitment is 7 days long spread out over two weeks.
Day 1: Orientation
Day 2: Open House (first half)
Day 3: Open House (second half)
Day 4: First Invite (13 houses)
Day 5: Second Invite (7 houses)
Day 6: Pref (3 houses)
Day 7: Bid Day!

If you know what school I am going to, or who I really am (I created another account because I revealed too much in my other one) please do not post it on here. I don't want to jeopardize my chances.

Wish me luck! :D

Bon chance!

pnm10 07-22-2010 12:00 AM

good luck! :)

twinkle555 07-22-2010 12:26 AM

Wow how did you remember all those characters? lol good luck to u!

Miriverite 07-22-2010 01:08 AM

I love Greek! Your recruitment sounds amazingly long and tough, but best of luck! I'll be personally rooting for Rebecca ;)

18andRushing 07-22-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkle555 (Post 1957521)
Wow how did you remember all those characters? lol good luck to u!

Ha ha, thanks everybody. I actually just used Wikipedia. I never realized that there were that many characters in that show!

lovespink88 07-22-2010 12:21 PM

Good luck!

ZetaGirl22 07-23-2010 02:55 AM

Good luck! And I vote Casey all the way :)

FleurGirl 07-23-2010 07:45 AM

Good luck! Are you going to be posting live?

18andRushing 07-23-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleurGirl (Post 1957965)
Good luck! Are you going to be posting live?

I was thinking about it, but I am pretty sure my school is a dead give away, so I am just going to post afterwards, but I think I will punish you guys by posting in the time intervals I would have if I did it live. :p I'm evil like that.

blueiris10 07-23-2010 12:28 PM

Good luck! I hope you have a very successful recruitment! :) I like the idea of doing "time intervals". Just don't punish us TOO much! :)

CluelessIllini 07-23-2010 06:26 PM

Aww, good luck! and good idea. I'm rushing too and I still have no idea what theme to use for my story. Ill probably end up using colors...

FleurGirl 07-24-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18andRushing (Post 1958023)
I was thinking about it, but I am pretty sure my school is a dead give away, so I am just going to post afterwards, but I think I will punish you guys by posting in the time intervals I would have if I did it live. :p I'm evil like that.

Vicious!!! Just don't keep us waiting TOO long! :D

18andRushing 08-06-2010 01:47 AM

10 Days in Counting

A milestone has hit, 10 days until I will be heading off to school. The whole summer I was waiting and counting down the days while wondering why the numbers lowered so slowly. Now that the final days at home are before me, I am worried. I still need to buy a few things. I still need to pack all of my possessions into cardboard boxes. I still need to say goodbye to all of my friends and family. I need to fit as much summer as I can into my final days. I realize that I should have treasured each minute of each hour of each day rather then marking them off. I would be moving 3 hours away to "Cyprus-Rhodes" and would not return for more than a month. I can see that my mother is hurting inside, with one daughter headed to Undergrad while the other to Grad school. My sisters are trying to prepare me for the homesickness, while not understanding why I would ever want to join a sorority. I can't admit to them that I would truly miss having a huge family all living near me; that I would need a set of friends, or sisters, to become my family away from my family; that I would need a home away from my home.

I have been receiving mail and emails from "Cyprus-Rhodes," but none of much importance. None are from my school's Panhellenic Council. I am nervous about recruitment. I am trying to soak up as much information as I can before heading off for Greek life. But all I can think of now is "10 days left until I'm alone."

perfectinpurple 08-06-2010 09:59 AM

Good Luck!