GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Risk Management - Hazing & etc. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   right/wrong (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=90076)

jessiwannabe 09-10-2007 06:18 PM

right/wrong

Lots of people think hazing is wrong I feel as though as long as it doesn't :mad:get out of hand. At the same time everyone has their limits but if you go in with an open mind you will do fine.:):rolleyes:

LatinaAlumna 09-10-2007 06:25 PM

^I really hope you don't pursue an organization. I wouldn't want anyone who is willing to be hazed or willing to haze to be one of my sisters.

jessiwannabe 09-10-2007 06:28 PM

Well learning history about your organization is a part of hazing is that wrong that's the hazing i'm talking about.

1908Revelations 09-10-2007 06:30 PM

Do you attend UAB?

jessiwannabe 09-10-2007 06:36 PM

No I currently attend Jefferson State I'm going to transfer to Birmingham Southern or Samford i'm not sure but I have till next summer to decide. Personally I don't have a problem with it. It also depends on how bad do you want it. If it's your dream you should want to go the extra mile and not give up.

skylark 09-10-2007 06:38 PM

I'd like to hear more of your thoughts, Jessi, on how having an open mind can make hazing better. What do you mean, exactly? Do the hazees need to have an open mind? The Hazers?

Unregistered- 09-10-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiwannabe (Post 1516577)
No I currently attend Jefferson State I'm going to transfer to Birmingham Southern or Samford i'm not sure but I have till next summer to decide. Personally I don't have a problem with it. It also depends on how bad do you want it. If it's your dream you should want to go the extra mile and not give up.

Make sure you PM the AKAs when you transfer to Birmingham Southern or Samford so that they can expedite your intake process. :p

jessiwannabe 09-10-2007 06:43 PM

The hazees need to I believe no membership is to be given it should be earned and if you belive in your heart that these are you future sisters and brothers and you trust them they will not hurt you they ar there to welcome you into a family.

DeltAlum 09-10-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiwannabe (Post 1516582)
The hazees need to I believe no membership is to be given it should be earned and if you belive in your heart that these are you future sisters and brothers and you trust them they will not hurt you they ar there to welcome you into a family.

You have the right to remain silent.

If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you...

Hazing is illegal.

kathykd2005 09-10-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltAlum (Post 1516597)
You have the right to remain silent.

If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you...

Hazing is illegal.

hahahhaha busted.

CrimsonTide4 09-10-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiwannabe (Post 1516557)
Lots of people think hazing is wrong I feel as though as long as it doesn't :mad:get out of hand. At the same time everyone has their limits but if you go in with an open mind you will do fine.:):rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiwannabe (Post 1516567)
Well learning history about your organization is a part of hazing is that wrong that's the hazing i'm talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiwannabe (Post 1516577)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiwannabe (Post 1516582)

Bless your heart!!!

Jesus be a
http://www.antiquetech.com/pictures%...bnail/wpe5.jpg

Unregistered- 09-10-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4 (Post 1516612)

That was my favorite toy!

BuckeyeTriDelta 09-10-2007 08:32 PM

Whenever I see one of those, I think of the Dane Cook bit about the Speak and Spell. Pretty funny stuff.

als463 09-10-2007 08:42 PM

Hazing is ILLEGAL!!!

I think I understand what she's saying-she's just not really saying it right....No-HAZING IS ILLEGAL & WRONG!!! The thing I think she means is that pledges (in some chapters) or Potential New Members should "want" to learn the organization's history along with do bonding activities. I know at my school something such as a treasure hunt (which many people find fun as long as they are not demeaning) is considered hazing. You can't even have a required time for PNMs to get together and study chapter history....if that's the type of "hazing" you are talking about...then, I somewhat understand what is being said, however, if we are talking about throwing trash on pledges or circling fat, etc., etc., then NO-I do not agree with that...If she is talking about treasure hunts and chapter history-does anyone else here agree that PNMs should "want" to learn that if they are passionate enough about going GREEK??? If anyone finds this to be offensive, please have some input.....:)

jessiwannabe 09-10-2007 09:12 PM

Thanks for elaborating. That's all I'm saying if the hazing doesn't hurt you in any shape from or fashion and demean you. It's okay, I can say go pull up all the information you can on my organization. That's not harmful to you I just want you to know your knowledge of what you are getting yourself into.