GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Rushing at WVU (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=123004)

dantenic1 11-09-2011 02:23 PM

Rushing at WVU

Transferring to WVU as a junior next year. I plan on rushing as soon as I get there. A friend advised that I check out Kappa Alpha, FIJI, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon. I was also told that Theta Chi has a great group of guys.

If I can get opinions on different frats and a gauge of how selective they are, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :D

dantenic1 11-09-2011 02:28 PM

Ohhhh. Thanks.

BlueOwl 11-09-2011 02:37 PM

OH!! My husband of 25 years was (and still is) a FIJI from West Virginia!!! GOOO 'EERS!

Live on the West Coast now but he is still loyal to his alma mater and his fraternity! Good luck!

dantenic1 11-09-2011 02:45 PM

Thanks so much! I've heard nothing but good things about FIJI.

Psi U MC Vito 11-09-2011 02:59 PM

We don't talk about reputations on this site.

BlueOwl 11-09-2011 03:07 PM

Last poster seemed a tad harsh in response to the future rushee. He paid a nice compliment regarding FIJI, directed particularly to me given that my husband is a Fiji alum from WVU. I hardly see that as discussing a chapter's reputation. Just being polite!

AZTheta 11-09-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueOwl (Post 2105435)
Last poster seemed a tad harsh in response to the future rushee. He paid a nice compliment regarding FIJI, directed particularly to me given that my husband is a Fiji alum from WVU. I hardly see that as discussing a chapter's reputation. Just being polite!

With all respect, I actually don't see Vito's post as harsh. He was factual, IMO and was responding to an earlier post in this thread in which the OP asked about reputations ("If I can get opinions on different frats, and a gauge of how selective they are, I'd appreciate it" is a direct quote). Didn't see it as directed at you, your husband or FIJI.

My experience in the years lurking prior to signing up for an account: reputations of any GLOs, anywhere, are not discussed here. "We're not that kind of GC."

als463 11-09-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantenic1 (Post 2105416)
Transferring to WVU as a junior next year. I plan on rushing as soon as I get there. A friend advised that I check out Kappa Alpha, FIJI, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon. I was also told that Theta Chi has a great group of guys.

If I can get opinions on different frats and a gauge of how selective they are, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :D

I don't know what happened to my post but, I'll ask again: Why are you transferring to WVU?

DeltaBetaBaby 11-09-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als463 (Post 2105443)
I don't know what happened to my post but, I'll ask again: Why are you transferring to WVU?

You asked the question in another thread (in the introductions forum), and she answered it there.

als463 11-09-2011 03:37 PM

I just find it interesting that this person just happens to be ready to transfer in the wake of what is going on at PSU.

MysticCat 11-09-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2105446)
You asked the question in another thread (in the introductions forum), and she answered it there.

Given the questions about fraternities, I'm guessing dantenic1 is a he. :D

jenidallas 11-09-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als463 (Post 2105447)
I just find it interesting that this person just happens to be ready to transfer in the wake of what is going on at PSU.

Hmmm... no Dante on the football roster, so maybe it's not Paterno-related. :)

dantenic1 11-09-2011 08:29 PM

Hahahaha... okay, sorry for asking about reps. Just curious about general selectiveness. And I'm a man. I'm transferring to WVU because I'm likely to be offered more scholarship money and because Penn State isn't quite for me. I like WVU's vibe better.

And yeah... let's not get into the current PSU debacle. I expressed my disgust for the entire situation in Econ yesterday and got screamed at by a JoePa groupie. BEYOND awkward.

dantenic1 11-09-2011 08:37 PM

Also, if anyone has any input regarding how WVU's Fall Rush is conducted, please let me know.

BlueOwl 11-10-2011 12:55 PM

I noticed in the Introductions thread that one of the posters dissed the academic reputation of WVU with comparison to PSU. Well, my husband got a great undergrad education at WVU and went on to get an MBA at Cal-Berkeley. Doing just fine with his WVU education thank you very much!

So, it's ok to bash the reputation of a University, but not ok to compliment the reputation of a frat (as that is considered discussing it's reputation?). Hmm, ok.