GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Reputation of Alpha Gamma Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=820)

AlphaGamGirl 11-17-2000 09:34 PM

Reputation of Alpha Gamma Delta

Hey, I'm curious what the reputation of Alpha Gamma Delta is at other schools. Don't worry about offending me. I love my sisters and will always be glad I went Alpha Gam. Just curious=)

carnation 11-17-2000 10:22 PM

At Auburn, they are fantabulous!

LXA ISU 11-18-2000 05:41 AM

At Illinois State University, they are not known as the sorority with the best looking girls, but they are cute and cool and defintely my favorite!

kmullini 11-18-2000 03:32 PM

There wasnt a AGD chapter at my school but my sister in law is an AGD alum from VCU

Jae 11-18-2000 07:49 PM

At Ohio State they are known as Alpha Grabba Doughnut. Sorry.

Julie Pugachow 11-27-2000 11:54 PM

the Alpha Gams here at Valdosta State University are known as the new kids... we were established on this campus in 1998. we only have 50 some girls in the Theta Sigma chapter here at VSU. I am a newly initiated sister of Alpha Gam and i absolutly love my sisters. I couldnt have asked for a better sorority to pledge. We dont have any bad reps that I know of yet , but that could be because we are new and we havent really had the time to get to be known yet by everyone. i was number 87 to be initiated on October 14,00 so that shows how small we are. But as for reputations go... we really dont have that big of one.

DeltAlum 11-28-2000 01:19 AM

You'll probably get a chuckle out of this bit of "ancient history."

As a brand new Delta Tau Delta pledge back in 1966, I was dating an Alpha Gam pledge. My first Delt party (outside of rush functions, of course) was with Alpha Gamma Delta at a local bar/dance club. (See, we had third party vendors even in those days -- and, for the record, the drinking age was 18 so we were legal.) Of course, my Alpha Gam date and I went to the party together.

I had JUST started dating another woman I met in a speech class who was a singer with a local rock group.

Guess who was playing at the party?

Yup!

Talk about a Delt pledge who wanted to be invisible.

By the way, the singer and I had our thirtieth anniversary this year.

DeltAlum

PS I was back on campus a couple years ago, and the Delt chapter president was dating a very bright and pretty Alpha Gam who was also the President of the Student Senate.

[This message has been edited by DeltAlum (edited November 28, 2000).]

KarenC725 11-29-2000 01:06 PM

I know a wonderful alum from Auburn! Other than that, the first house I ever visited in rush (the first school I was at), they were some of the nicest girls. Not the best on campus but they had a great sisterhood!

Kurb 12-05-2000 04:14 PM

At Ga Tech, they are a great group of girls!

SIUAGD 12-05-2000 06:12 PM

Here at SIU, we're great! We've got the largest sorority on campus, highest gpa, and usually win most of the awards at our Greek awards banquet in the spring!

sunshineuncw 12-06-2000 12:31 AM

I am an Alpha Xi Delta, but my roomate is an Alpha Gamma Delta here at UNC-Wilmington. They are really a great group of girls and my roomie loves it!!! Just wanted to share http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif
Christina

Unregistered- 12-16-2000 12:26 AM

AGD is fairly new here at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. We are also the only Panhellenic sorority on campus (colonized in 1992) with 4 local sororities. In the past few years we've made a name for ourselves on campus and the community by sponsoring blood banks, helping JDF, volunteering at art museums, etc. I was a de-pledge from a local sorority after I found out about their hazing policies and luckily, I found AGD. We're a diverse group of girls from all over the country, not just Hawaii, and that's what I love about being in a national sorority-I know that I can travel the country and chances are I'll find an Alpha Gam girl!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*

gamgirl2000 01-06-2001 08:23 PM

I also go to SIU, and I have to agree that we are awesome! We have such a great sisterhood, I was just initiated this past fall, but I have never felt more welcomed in my life! I'm extremely glad i went gam!

SIUAGD 01-07-2001 09:55 PM

gamgirl2000, who are you???? It's good to hear from another Beta Eta girl on here!! Are you ready to come back to school? I am, I miss everyone!!
Love and loyalty,
Megan E.

------------------
"Keep your face towards the sun, but don't forget to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground."
"The ties that bind me to my sisters are not bound around my wrists, but rather fastened to my heart."

douthit 07-05-2002 09:02 PM

AGD is one of my favorite sororities at Montana State. They are the sweetest and nicest girls, and there have even been a few times when I've been walking across campus and they called my name and I didn't even recognize them! It just goes to show how friendly and outgoing their chapter is at MSU.