GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Deferred recruitment at Ohio State. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=238995)

NUalumMUmom 11-30-2017 12:28 PM

Deferred recruitment at Ohio State.
 
Hello all. I suppose I should change my user name, now. In addition to having a daughter at Mizzou, a happy Theta who is graduating in May, I now also have freshman at OSU. I am looking for any advice, tips, info on recruitment at OSU. I am sure it will be quite different then SEC recruitment, and I am hoping less stressful. We have recs for all but 4 chapters, I am still working on AEPhi, AOPi, Alpha Xi Delta and KD. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Sciencewoman 11-30-2017 12:44 PM

Can your older daughter ask her chapter advisor if she knows advisors from these other sororities? I'm guessing you could get a couple that way, at least, since active advisors typically know other active alumnae. Or, your older daughter may have friends from those groups who are recent alumnae?

ETA: looks lik KD is the only group you need with an active chapter at Mizzou, but maybe this strategy might work for KD.

NUalumMUmom 11-30-2017 04:43 PM

Yes, she putting out feelers with her friends from Kappa Delta.

Iota_JWH 12-01-2017 12:53 PM

Are Kappas coming back to OSU in early 2018? I had heard they fulfilled the requirements from the University after the drinking/hazing incident.

Benzgirl 12-15-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iota_JWH (Post 2448317)
Are Kappas coming back to OSU in early 2018? I had heard they fulfilled the requirements from the University after the drinking/hazing incident.

Yes, Kappa will begin their recolonization process after bid day in January. They will be permitted to bid up to chapter total, which is around 200.
When Zeta Tau Alpha recolonized, a lot of PNMs who were not happy with their Pref choices didn't sign bid cards, interviewed with Zeta and were not given bids. Several hundred PNMs were interested and many were not invited back.
Please don't assume Kappa will take everyone.

Benzgirl 12-15-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUalumMUmom (Post 2448230)
Hello all. I suppose I should change my user name, now. In addition to having a daughter at Mizzou, a happy Theta who is graduating in May, I now also have freshman at OSU. I am looking for any advice, tips, info on recruitment at OSU. I am sure it will be quite different then SEC recruitment, and I am hoping less stressful. We have recs for all but 4 chapters, I am still working on AEPhi, AOPi, Alpha Xi Delta and KD. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Ohio State does not require recommendations and I'm not just saying that; it's true. Many PMNs come in wit absolutely no recs and do just fine.

Recruitment is much more laid back than most other schools and all chapters are great.

Titchou 12-15-2017 05:54 PM

At least one chapter there requires them - mine. It's our national policy.

DGTess 12-15-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzgirl (Post 2449322)
Ohio State does not require recommendations and I'm not just saying that; it's true. Many PMNs come in wit absolutely no recs and do just fine.

Recruitment is much more laid back than most other schools and all chapters are great.


Remember, though, some organizations DO require recommendations in order to pledge a woman. Getting those recommendations is one more positive step.

KSUViolet06 12-15-2017 11:27 PM

OSU is very much a "if it is required, the chapter gets them for you" place. Most PNMs do not come into OSU with recs unless they're legacies.

NUalumMUmom 01-08-2018 02:00 PM

Thanks and here we go
 
Thanks to everyone for the input! We ended up with recs to all but 2. First round starts on Friday night 1/12. I'm much calmer this time around, partially because greek life is a smaller part of life at OSU than at Mizzou. Also, daughter #2 is much more laid back about the process in general, and not as set on being greek. I'll keep you updated.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.