GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Senusret I's Recruitment Story (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=87575)

Senusret I 05-29-2007 07:40 PM

Senusret I's Recruitment Story

So since I am a guy and in an NPHC fraternity, I figured I would add my two cents. It won't be a traditional recruitment story, but I didn't want to miss out on the fun!

The five NPHC fraternities will be:

Brian Pumper
Mandingo
Wesley Pipes
Mr. Marcus
Lexington Steele

I knew since I was a teenager that I wanted to be part of a brotherhood, but I was never quite sure which one would be the best fit for me. I was sorta biased toward Mr. Marcus when I came to college because of my positive interactions with them during my senior year in high school.

To be continued!

violetpretty 05-29-2007 07:49 PM

What University do you attend?

Unregistered- 05-29-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessSigKap (Post 1457109)
What University do you attend?

Rashid doesn't want to disclose the campus because he doesn't want the nasty GreekChatters sabotaging his rush.

Senusret I 05-29-2007 08:03 PM

I meant to add that it's a retro thread, in case that wasn't apparent.

carnation 05-29-2007 08:17 PM

Eres tortuga?

UGAalum94 05-29-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTW (Post 1457110)
Rashid doesn't want to disclose the campus because he doesn't want the nasty GreekChatters sabotaging his rush.

OTW, are you going to "no rec" him? ;)

PS What's up with OTW Jr, who I saw posting?

Unregistered- 05-29-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphagamuga (Post 1457124)
OTW, are you going to "no rec" him? ;)

PS What's up with OTW Jr, who I saw posting?

Of course not.

We don't have a chapter on his campus, silly! :o Still, if he and I shared the same reproductive organs, you know he'd be getting glowing recs from us all! :D

As far as OTWjr goes...I have no clue who the hell the troll is and I have faith that John and the super mods will take care of it. They were notified as soon as the first post was left, and they're on the case.

neosoul 05-29-2007 08:52 PM

lol @ the frat names...

BetteDavisEyes 05-29-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTW (Post 1457110)

Yeah. You know how mean & nasty those GC girls are who love to sabotage PNM's b/c WE disclose too much information about them.

GO RASHID!!!

jubilance1922 05-29-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neosoul (Post 1457143)
lol @ the frat names...

I was just thinking that.....

This "rush" thread is gonna be...interesting...

Senusret I 05-29-2007 09:24 PM

Year One:

I arrived at St. Wilona's College (a prominent Jesuit college in a major urban area) in the Fall of 1997. Mr. Marcus held a special place in my heart because of their "reach-out-and-touch-everyone" approach to community service. Indeed, Mr. Marcus touched me in places I had never been touched before.

I participated in a Rites of Passage Program that one of the members sponsored, and it really prepared me for the challenges I would face as a black man at St. Wilona's.

Because of this camaraderie with my friend in charge of the program, as well as his line brothers and chapter brothers, I just KNEW I wanted to be down with Mr. Marcus!

Well..... my freshman year at St. Wilona's was eye opening. Although there was a city-wide chapter of Mr. Marcus, there were no members on campus. There was one member of Brian Pumper.... that's it. There were no members of Wesley Pipes, Mandingo, or Lexington Steele!

So I started my quest in a vacuum, with no basis for comparison.

So, I went full speed ahead in my quest for Mr. Marcus......

sailboatgirl 05-29-2007 09:28 PM

Not only a boy's story...but we get to hear more about an NPHC journey to membership which should be very educational (at least for me!). So, YEAH for more retro recruitment stories!

12dn94dst 05-29-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senusret I (Post 1457104)

The five NPHC fraternities will be:

Brian Pumper
Mandingo
Wesley Pipes
Mr. Marcus
Lexington Steele

there is something WRONG with YOU!! LOL

12dn94dst 05-29-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senusret I (Post 1457165)
Indeed, Mr. Marcus touched me in places I had never been touched before.

stop it. just stop it right now! LOL

BetteDavisEyes 05-29-2007 09:35 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!

The names...Oh my God! The names!!!

Mr. Marcus! Nothing like a big black stud to liven up a recruitment thread.