GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Sigma Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   ASA Sound Off (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=33358)

AlphaFrog 05-06-2003 01:54 PM

ASA Sound Off

I thought it would be interesting to know something about everyone so:

Name:
Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna):
Chapter:
Something Unique about your Chapter:
Offices You Hold/Held:
Awards You've Recieved:
Favorite Memory:
AOL IM:

Name: Jess
Chapter: Beta Kappa
Something Unique about your Chapter: Nora Ten Broek, National VP of Alumna is a Beta Kappa
Offices You Hold/Held: VP of Alumna and Heritage, Parlimentarian
Awards You've Recived: Ladybug (Most Spirited)
Favorite Memory: Formal, getting Ladybug award and boyfriend named Sweetheart
AOL IM: StarFrog00

33girl 05-06-2003 02:50 PM

oh OK, this is a happy sound off LOL.

Name: Sheila G.
Chapter: Gamma Omicron
Something Unique about your Chapter: The picture on the back cover of the old Encounter (the really old one) was of Gamma Omicron sisters.
Offices You Hold/Held: Public Relations, Editor, Alum Chapter prez
Awards You've Recieved: Booby of the Week, Crow Partier...well, we'll just leave it at those two :p
Favorite Memory: Blind Date parties, going to the bars with my fellow seniors, opening the door at my pledge pickup and seeing ASA faces!!
AOL IM: none, I'm AOL-phobic

Sadeyes21 05-09-2003 09:10 PM

Name: Lana S
chapter: beta beta
Something unique about your chapter: In the 80's an ASA from BB was murdered and they never found out who did it
Offices held: Panhellenic Delegate, Derby Days chair, Public relations chair, house manager, VP of Alumnae and Heritage
Awards received: Most likely to Be on Jerry Springer, Sister of the Year, and Note taking Queen
Fave memory: Retreats, moments w/individual sisters
no aol im

alimango711 05-11-2003 06:06 PM

Name: Pia Alcanites

Chapter: Epsilon Tau

Something Unique about your Chapter: We're the only chapter in Maryland (Baltimore)

Offices You Hold/Held: Social Chair for Fall 2003 (any ideas on social themes?)

Awards You've Recieved: Best New Member for Spring 2003

Favorite Memory: receiving a bid, basketball games with the ladies, initiation, Crimson Ball and the crazy DJs

AOL IM: AliMango711

bayoudazzler 05-11-2003 08:14 PM

Name: Stephanie LeRay

Chapter: Psi Psi

Something Unique about the chapter: We're the only chapter in Louisiana and Sidney Allen, past Panhellenic pres, was from Psi Psi. We were reorganized last October.

Office Hold: Scholarship Chair

Favorite Memory: Being there when our first legacy Cora Lennon was born, initiation, being a big sis, being with my sisters

AOL: bayoudazzler

crystalline 05-17-2003 06:37 PM

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Alumna as of May 3, 2003!!!
Chapter: Theta Beta
Something Unique about your Chapter: We're about the most unique one on our campus
Offices You Hold/Held: Rho Chi
Favorite Memory: Bids Day 2003

HeavenslilAngel 05-24-2003 01:00 AM

Name: Leigh Ann

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Active

Something Unique about your Chapter: As Stephanie said, we are the only chapter in Louisiana and Sidney Allen is one of our alumni and an old ballot box from the other psi psi chapter is in the archives at nationals

Offices You Hold/Held: panhellenic delegate

Awards You've Recieved: was nominated for Emma Coleman Frost fidelity award and won sister of the week

Favorite Memory: installation, my initiation (I passed out) :)

AOL IM: HeavenslilAnge77

LionTamer 09-12-2003 05:32 PM

Name: Pattie
Chapter: Gamma Eta at Penn State
Something Unique about your Chapter: Out of 16 chapters, I think even the other sororities would agree we were the Most Fun
Offices You Hold/Held: Editor, Rush Chairman
Unofficial Offices Held: Formal dress hemmer (I was the only person who could sew) and Art Director (window design, paddle painting, bid calligraphy - you name it!)
Awards You've Recieved: Order of the Phoenix (I almost flunked out that term)
Favorite Memory: Getting my bid; running in the PhiPsi 500 relay; finding out the rush chairman left school over the summer without telling anyone and, as substitute rush chairman, I had about 10 days to invent and pull together 4 different elaborate theme parties - including a Safari Theme, which including getting every girl to bring every single plant they owned down to the suite, plus any stuffed lions, monkeys and tigers they had, and dressing everyone in khaki shorts and camp shirts...
AOL IM: Like 33, I'm AOL phobic

jessmulder 09-15-2003 10:16 AM

Good Morning ladies! I just happened to stuble across the message board and I've decided to join the fun :) Heres the reply!

Name: Jessica Cyr
Chapter: Epsilon Psi
Something Unique about your Chapter: most of the chapter is new
Offices You Hold/Held: President, VP of Publicity and Fundraising for PanHel
Awards You've Recieved:
Favorite Memory: Summer retreat with my chapter
AOL IM: jessmulder (I love the x-files!)

alphabug02 11-10-2003 10:41 PM

After weeks of looking at the general posts, I've finally made my way to the ASA board- damn it's good to be home! :D

Name: Sarah Gallo
Chapter: Zeta Omicron
Something Unique about your Chapter: we have a frog as our local mascot! Ladybugs and Frogs, ya can't beat that!
Offices You Hold/Held: (held)President, VP of PR and Recruitment, Social Chair, Advantage Coaching Team Leader D3 (hold) Recruitment Team Member D3, Alumnae Pan-Hellenic Representative, and whatever other "volunteer" positions I get "suckered" into.
Awards You've Received: Outstanding New Member Award, All Greek Women's Award, Outstanding Greek Athlete
Favorite Memory: my first Bid Day, The day after Bid Day my year and every year ;), the dugout!!!, Varsity Review, Rush, Rugby games, hosting porch parties at my house, my wedding, & :cool: hopefully Convention 2004 w/ Amanda and Kimmie ....
AOL IM: nada

BY97Amber 11-16-2003 02:34 AM

Name: Amber VanLue-Simmons

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Alumna

Chapter: Beta Upsilon

Something Unique about your Chapter: We were once known as the "non sorority girls' sorority". When I joined by new member class was bigger than the number of sisters. Since then we have become one of the top 4 chapters on campus, and reached ceiling this fall.

Offices You Hold/Held: What haven't I held? Internal Relations, Song Chair, Public Relations, VP of Programming and Ritual, President 1.5 years, Alum Advisor of Ritual, Alum Advisor of Scholarship...and there are a few others that I can't remember

Awards You've Recieved: Sweetest Sister, Freshman with the highest GPA, Outstanding Exec board member, nominated for Alpha of the Year twice, Extra Mile Award, and Valued Interfraternity Advisor.

Favorite Memory: While we still lived in our house one night in September it there was a thunderstorm and all of us went out to play in the rain and roll down the hill in our front yard. We got all muddy and ran across the block to a fraternity house and ran through the entire thing and captured things. One of the sisters got caught and doused with pancack batter and ducktaped. They brought her back as ransom for the stuff of theirs. They chased us all over the place, and we even got out the other fraternities to come and play with all of us.

jmbennett 11-16-2003 11:34 PM

Name: JoAnn Bennett

Chapter: Theta Beta

Something Unique About My Chapter: We are the only sorority on campus to have a house and many ASA's are on-campus leaders.

Offices I've Held/Hold: PR Chair, Recruitment Team Captain, and Vice-President of PR and Recruitment.

Awards I've Recieved: New Member with the Highest GPA, ASA Spirit award, and the Most Outgoing Sister Award

Favorite Memories: Every Bids Day, late night talks, Fall Cabin 03

Silver02Bullet 11-17-2003 02:01 AM

Name: Megan Dunlap
Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): VERY active
Chapter: Beta Lambda
Something Unique about your Chapter: has won the overall intramural champions award for the past FOUR years on our campus
Offices You Hold/Held: Spring 03 Walkout Chair and elections aren't over yet
Favorite Memory: i've been to 2 formals so far and they have rocked out!!!!
AOL IM: Silver02Bullet

i love UCA in Conway, AR, and beta lambda is the poo!

alphasig12 01-14-2004 11:38 AM

Name: Alana V.
Chapter: Zeta Sigma
Somthing Unique about your Chapter: Here in San Antonio, we have 2 chapters just miles away from each other. (Zeta Sigma and Delta Upsilon)
Offices you Hold/Held: Standards Chairman; Parlimentarian
Awards you have received: Best Ladybug Family (Formal 02), Most Outgoing
Favorite Memories: Getting a bid, BID DAY, Being a Big Sis, my Big Sis, Basketball games, Letters and Lunch, Beating DSD at Flag Football (21-0) :D , just having fun with my sisters!!
AOL Screen name: Alphasig0102

asazk121 02-02-2004 12:13 PM

hey! i just discovered this website and i'm so excited there are other asas' here!

Name: Jeet Sausen
Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): active...maybe too much!
Chapter: Zeta Kappa--Minnesota State University Mankato
Something Unique about your Chapter: right now we have four alum who are pregnant and we are the only asa chapter in mn!
Offices You Hold/Held: scholarship, editor/historian, philanthropy, parliamentarian, treasurer, fundraising, vp alum and heritage (as you can see, in my chapter we get to double up on positions!)
Awards You've Recieved: sister of the year, chairwoman of the year, sister of the month
Favorite Memory: too many to name! but if i had to pick out a few, they would be getting my bid, any time with my big sis, getting my two littles, formals 02 and 03, greek week
AOL IM: none--sorry! but my msn is saucysaus28

thanks guys! hope to hear from some of you soon!

alpha love, jeet :cool:

LaDyBuGatRU84 03-02-2004 11:40 PM

Melissa
Chapter: Zeta Eta
Something Unique about my chapter: We have at least one ASA in every organization on campus. We are the largest sorority on campus. We have never had a problem meeting quota or total since we have been on campus in 1994. This year is our 10 year anniversary!!:D Oh, and we don't have a house...:(
Office You Hold/Held: Nothing...YET
Awards You've Received: Pearl of the Year Award! & from the Seniors: "Most Likely to be Brought up on Standards for being on Girls Gone Wild" ---ohhh man!
Favorite Memory: Bid Day!! & our Step Show during Greek Week...we kicked BOOTY!!
AOL IM: Meldorn1984

ladybugjenny 04-05-2004 07:12 PM

Name: Jenny Crowder

Status (New Memeber, Active, Alumna): very very active (I luv it)

Chapter: Epsilon Gamma - Virginia Commonwealth University

Something Unique about your Chapter: we are the oldest sorority on our campus (20 years strong :)) we won the very first spirit competition for VCU Homecoming (Spring 04)

Offices You Hold/Held: Panhellenic delegate alternate (2x) Rho Chi (Fall 04...im sooo excited!!!)

Awards You've Recieved: Most likely to legally change her name to Ladybug Jenny (its a nickname from my rush :-P) -- Best untapped resource -- sister of the week (numerous times)

Favorite Memory: Bid Day (I LOVE ASA), Big Sis Revealing (I LOVE MY BIG) everyday is a fun new memory (I LOVE MY BUGZ)

AOL IM: one saturn QT or ladybugjenny -- feel free to chat i love meeting new sisters --

boroleen 07-03-2004 03:25 PM

Name: Kathleen

status active

Chapter: Gamma Psi

Something Unique about our chapter: We are one of the biggest chapters on campus and have the most members on the Panhellenic Exec Board

Offices: scholarship on panhellenic exec board and public relations rep and vp of new member ed

Awards: Aster Fall 2004 :D

Favorite Memory: Getting my bid (Spring 03); then getting my first little sister this spring.....every day with my sisters we make more and more memories :D

screenname: lnekins384

AlphaSigPnai231 07-05-2004 11:02 AM

Name: Pia Alcanites

Chapter: Epsilon Tau

Something Unique about your Chapter: We're the only chapter in Maryland (Baltimore)

Offices You Hold/Held: VP of Programming and Ritual 2004, Special Events Chair Mr. UMBC 2004, Social Chair for Fall 2003

Awards You've Recieved: Greek Week 2004 Freestyle Rap, Best New Member for Spring 2003

Favorite Memory: Crimson Ball, Greek Week Chariot Race, Spring Break w/ some Sisters, receiving my bid in Spring 2003

AOL IM: AliMango711

33girl 07-07-2004 11:56 AM

Welcome Kathleen and Pia to GC!

Kathleen, is someone from your chapter going to convention? If she's flying out of Pittsburgh I think we are all on the same flight.

boroleen 07-08-2004 10:01 AM

33girl

Thanks 33 Girl. As far as I know, a few of my sisters are flying out of pittsburgh. Im not positive, but a lot of our sisters are from the pittsburgh area so i would assume that is where they would fly out. but i will let you know if i hear otherwise! have a safe flight when you go

Love in ASA,
kathleen

bk1143 07-08-2004 03:10 PM

Name: Nora Ten Broeck

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Alumna

Chapter: Beta Kappa

Something Unique about your Chapter: Beta Kappa was Alpha Sigma Alpha's first chapter in Illinois, first sorority at Western Illinois University and installed by Wilma Wilson Sharp.

Offices You Hold/Held: I was very active in college and volunteer for the sorority as an alumna.

Awards You've Recieved: Past foundation scholarship recipient, outstanding sorority president, Order of Omega, Blue Key Honor Society
Favorite Memory: My mother's initiation at the 1994 national convention in Milwaukee.
AOL IM: asabkntb

asajess05 07-19-2004 01:35 PM

Name: Jessica Paxton
Chapter: Epsilon Kappa
Something unique about your chapter:
Offices you hold/held: VP Member Education (03-04), Treasurer (now), Panhellenic Secretary (03-04), Panhellenic VP
Awards you've received: Millersville's Sorority of the year (2004), sister most likely to forecast the weather naked (one of those crazy formal awards :D )
Favorite memory: Greek week airbands 2004, Jamaica
Aim: Acissejmu05

A member of AKA told me about this site, and I thought I'd check it out. Besides, I love meeting new sisters!

asajess05 07-19-2004 01:41 PM

Oops.. forgot the unique thing about our chapter!

As the cliche says... we're individually unique, but together complete!

hugs_n_ladybugs 08-19-2004 08:57 PM

Name: Nicole
Chapter: Epsilon Alpha (Southern Arkansas University)
Something Unique about your Chapter: We're the smallest sorority on campus because we focus on "quality over quantity."
Offices You Hold/Held: I was Ritual Chair, but I'm now VP of PR & Recruitment.
Awards You've Received: N/A
Favorite Memory: Being a new member. I made so many memories and friends that will last a lifetime!
AOL IM: N/A

AlphaSig05 09-23-2004 02:26 PM

Name: Marissa
Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Very much active!!!
Chapter: Zeta Upsilon
Something Unique about your Chapter: We're all very diverse
Offices You Hold/Held: None
Awards You've Recieved: None yet
Favorite Memory: During recruitment we did a mock fashion show to introduce the girls to the potential members... it was hilarious, we all picked a song and then went out on our red carpet and acted goofy!
AOL IM: EmJayASA! I LOVE talking to sisters so IM me!
:)

gracemoody 09-23-2004 11:07 PM

Sound Off!

Name: Grace Marie Moody
Chapter: Delta Eta, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Something Unique about your Chapter: We had the longest running social and fundraising event on campus for over 75 years. Our Open House dance was started by Alpha Omega the local chapter that chose ASA as their National Organization.
Offices You Hold/Held: Collegiate: Philanthropy, Numerous dance chairs, Vice-President. Alum Chapter: President, treasurer, webmaster. Alum: Standards Board Advisor, Zeta Phi Chapter, IIT, Chicago, IL. National: Province Director now it is called District Facilitator.
Awards You've Recieved: Advisor of the Year, Illinois Institute of Technology Greek Council
Favorite Memory: Too many to mention.
AOL IM: I LOATHE AOL

33girl 09-23-2004 11:26 PM

Wow, 2 new sign ins in one day! Whoot!! :)

Grace, word on the AOL hate, hee hee.

I <3 ASA 11-20-2004 11:47 PM

Name:
Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna):
Chapter:
Something Unique about your Chapter:
Offices You Hold/Held:
Awards You've Recieved:
Favorite Memory:
AOL IM:

Amanda Vincent
Active
Psi Psi
Jennifer Styron, LC, is from Psi Psi
Most spirited and Outstanding committee member
My favorite memory was when I found out who my big sis was!
Amandabelle03:D

BlueyezJ 12-12-2004 06:46 PM

Name:Julia
Chapter:Beta Rho
Something Unique about your Chapter: We took first place in homecoming this year!
Offices You Hold/Held: Editor(last year) and Scholorship(this year)
Awards You've Recieved:
Favorite Memory: Going out with my ASA girls to the bars and partying it up like we always do!
AOL IM:BlueyezJ517

ASAcmu 12-24-2004 11:59 PM

Name: Becky Velting
Chapter: Beta Theta
Something Unique about your Chapter: Marianne Busch Bullock ~ National President
Offices You Hold/Held: Historian, Philanthropy and now V.P of member education
Awards You've Recived: Suport sister award
Favorite Memory: Putting on a murder mystery for theme party
AOL IM: duckyq118

betasigrose 10-20-2005 12:34 PM

About me

Name: Jamie Brandon
Chapter: Alpha Gamma (Which totally rocks)
Favorite Memory: There are so many so far..I know there will be more...meeting my sisters at IUP, meeting the alumnae chapter for the first time, becoming a new member

I hoping to serve on the advisory board for Alpha Gamma

ASAlady 11-02-2005 02:17 PM

Woo Hoo! I am a new sister!!! Here's my info:

Name: Amy
Chapter: Gamma Psi
Something unique about the chapter: I believe I was the first AI initiate.
Favorite memory so far: Initiation. I don't think anything can top that.

ASAHunny 12-14-2005 02:22 PM

ASA Soundoff

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself my name is Gem and Im a recent alum of Zeta Gamma at Gannon University and I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

RowanLadybug173 12-20-2005 04:56 PM

Rowan ASA

Name: Andrea Drake
Chapter: Zeta Lambda
Something Unique about your Chapter: We are the only chapter in New Jersey
Offices You Hold/Held: Ritual Chairman, Risk Management Chairman, and I'm now the VP of Alumnae and Heritage
Awards You've Recived: Perfect attendance...
Favorite Memory: Going to Atlantic City to watch the sunrise with two of my sisters and missing the sunrise because we were eating instead.
AOL IM: adrake2642

AlphaFrog 12-21-2005 02:02 PM

Welcome Andrea!! We love new sisters on the board.

RowanLadybug173 12-21-2005 11:34 PM

Thanks

I'm glad to be here... Our chapter's new president told me about an all-greek forum that she found. I don't know if this is it but this looks like an awesome place to network and just talk about Greek life.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Winter Solstice or whatever else anyone celebrates this time of year.

Andrea

LouisaMay 02-05-2007 11:26 AM

I'm finally "sounding off"

Name: Erica
Chapter: Alpha Gamma
Something unique about the chapter: One of the four chapters during the 1914 reorganization of Alpha Sigma Alpha.
Favorite memory so far: Walking by over 100 alumnae and collegians as my initiation came to an end and practically smiling my face off:D

AlphaSig_Kat614 02-20-2007 04:46 PM

Name: Katharine Porto
Something Unique about your Chapter: Only chapter in Louisiana, chapter of Sidney Allen
Offices You Hold/Held: Ritual, Public Relations, Panhellenic Delegate, Greek Week, Pi Kappa Phi War of the Roses
Awards You've Recieved: Sister of the Month
Favorite Memory: Initiation, Big Sis Revealing (when i was the big sis!)
AOL IM: princesskat614

AlphaFrog 02-21-2007 07:37 AM

Welcome, Kat. I hope you stick around. We love having new sisters.:)