GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Looking for a thread (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=114169)

ree-Xi 06-08-2010 03:05 PM

Looking for a thread

I am looking for a thread where someone asked people to make up their own "fake" sorority or fraternity. Some of the ideas were silly, some were very creative. Some of them had mottos, flowers, etc.

I can't find the thread at all. I tried searching here and then Googling "Greekchat" and the key words I thought belonged, but to no avail.

Does anyone remember this? I think it was in 2009.

ASTalumna06 06-08-2010 03:18 PM

I don't know the thread about which you speak (sorry!), but...

Can this be the official looking for a thread thread? So any time you're looking for a thread but you can't find it, you can have fellow GCers help you... or at least hope that they do!

ree-Xi 06-08-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 1940651)
I don't know the thread about which you speak (sorry!), but...

Can this be the official looking for a thread thread? So any time you're looking for a thread but you can't find it, you can have fellow GCers help you... or at least hope that they do!

Thanks anyway! Maybe someone will remember. I don't mind if this becomes the official "looking for a thread" thread.:)

AXiDMeesh 06-08-2010 03:23 PM

Well since this is the "looking for" thread now....:D

This morning I was trying to find a post about "Have You Seen This Man In Your Dreams"
I think it was posted in the "What Do You Feel Like Saying" thread, or it could have been its own thread, but I don't remember and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

ree-Xi 06-08-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXiDMeesh (Post 1940657)

This morning I was trying to find a post about "Have You Seen This Man In Your Dreams"
I think it was posted in the "What Do You Feel Like Saying" thread, or it could have been its own thread, but I don't remember and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think it was, too. Let me see if I can find it.

Drolefille 06-08-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXiDMeesh (Post 1940657)

This one?

ASTalumna06 06-08-2010 03:29 PM

ree-xi... is this it? http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=78000

ree-Xi 06-08-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 (Post 1940663)

I thought it was, but I know that I posted in it. I was here in 2006 but had a different name REE1993. Hmmm. Thank you for searching.

AXiDMeesh 06-08-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1940661)

YES. Thank you so much :)

Drolefille 06-08-2010 03:31 PM

For the record, btw, if you go to Google and type: Site:Greekchat.com and then your search terms, you only search within GC itself.

dreamseeker 06-08-2010 03:35 PM

i was looking for the thread where someone said that they had their own clothing line and posted pics of shirts with vegetarian based quotes. but i couldn't find it :(

ree-Xi 06-08-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1940666)
For the record, btw, if you go to Google and type: Site:Greekchat.com and then your search terms, you only search within GC itself.

I tried that but I got results leading to pages where people suggest going to GC. What are you doing differently??

KSUViolet06 06-08-2010 03:42 PM

This one?

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...reate+sorority

Drolefille 06-08-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ree-Xi (Post 1940672)
I tried that but I got results leading to pages where people suggest going to GC. What are you doing differently??

I'm not sure, if you go into an advanced search there's an option to put the domain in (greekchat.com) and then you can search. After you do that it should look like my example above. I jut type it in manually myself.

For example I did

site:greekchat.com "have you seen this man in your dreams"

ree-Xi 06-08-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1940675)

Yes!! Thank you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1940677)
I'm not sure, if you go into an advanced search there's an option to put the domain in (greekchat.com) and then you can search. After you do that it should look like my example above. I jut type it in manually myself.

For example I did

site:greekchat.com "have you seen this man in your dreams"

I was unaware of this option, and I am an internet rat. Thanks!!!!