GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   University of Alabama NPC recruitment 2019 thread (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246398)

psy 08-08-2019 12:01 PM

University of Alabama NPC recruitment 2019 thread

Recruitment orientation is August 10, open houses starting August 11.

http://www.uapanhellenic.com/fall-20...ry-recruitment

lake 08-08-2019 03:35 PM

This is my favorite recruitment of the year. :)

Cookiez17 08-08-2019 08:38 PM

Good luck to all the parents, PNM, sisters on the other side for the first (or last) time, and everyone else I'm forgetting to mention!

APhi2KD 08-08-2019 08:43 PM

Good luck! I hope they’re taking extra precautions for the PNMs with next week’s horrible forecast! <3

Titchou 08-09-2019 07:15 AM

It is hot right now! Mid to high 90s - feels like over 100- no real rain coming....

carnation 08-09-2019 07:26 AM

Our niece is rushing there this year! Excitement!

PGD-GRAD 08-09-2019 08:56 AM

^^^ Carnation, Good luck to her!! I’m guessing you saw to it that she is well-prepared and submitted all the needed recs.
Keep us updated, please.

33girl 08-09-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2468246)
It is hot right now! Mid to high 90s - feels like over 100- no real rain coming....

Sending up a prayer to the hair gods that everybody’s ‘dos stay looking cute!! Good luck Alabama PNMs!!

psy 08-09-2019 01:37 PM

Any word on the number of registered PNMs?

Cookiez17 08-09-2019 02:00 PM

According to UA's Panhellenic page it was at 2,281 PNMs.

Sciencewoman 08-09-2019 03:55 PM

"Here at the Capstone, we are proud to be a part of the nation’s largest and most diverse Greek community."

Or the 214th most diverse; it's hard to be sure.... ;)

zTaalum 08-09-2019 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=Sciencewoman;2468259]"Here at the Capstone, we are proud to be a part of the nation’s largest and most diverse Greek community."

Or the 214th most diverse; it's hard to be sure.... ;)[/QUOTE

Where are you getting this number from?

Sciencewoman 08-09-2019 06:16 PM

It's only been six years since UA recruitment was the subject of national scrutiny (and GreekChat discussion) related to lack of diversity/alleged discrimination, so the statement that the UA Greek community is now the "most diverse" in the nation raised my eyebrows. I'll leave it there, because it was not my intention to side-track this thread with my tongue-in-cheek comment. :)

Best wishes to all the PNMs and the chapters!

DistantXOcousin 08-09-2019 06:23 PM

My girlfriends and I took a break from our husbands and drove down to Tuscaloosa together! We left from Chicago very early in the morning on the sixth, all five of us packed into the car, and we arrived yesterday. The men drove in their own car and the girls drove together.

We all moved the girls in after the storm had stopped, the men arrived just before us and did all the heavy lifting while us chickens did the decorating and organizing.

They’re my “nieces” and I’m their “aunt”, I’ve known them since they were born and they were close with my girls, I’m beyond excited to see them go through rush!

All together we have 20 recommendations written for Alabama, 4 for Chi Omega (I wrote 1 extra!), 4 for Phi Mu, 4 for Zeta Tau Alpha, 4 for Kappa Delta, and 4 for Pi Beta Phi.

We meet with a group of some other girlfriends and are sharing an Airbnb house while the men go off on their own vacation.

Anyways, I’m beyond excited to finally be here and experience Alabama recruitment! If anyone else is down in Tuscaloosa, I’d love to see them!

DGTess 08-09-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DistantXOcousin (Post 2468262)
My girlfriends and I took a break from our husbands and drove down to Tuscaloosa together! We left from Chicago very early in the morning on the sixth, all five of us packed into the car, and we arrived yesterday. The men drove in their own car and the girls drove together.

We all moved the girls in after the storm had stopped, the men arrived just before us and did all the heavy lifting while us chickens did the decorating and organizing.

They’re my “nieces” and I’m their “aunt”, I’ve known them since they were born and they were close with my girls, I’m beyond excited to see them go through rush!

All together we have 20 recommendations written for Alabama, 4 for Chi Omega (I wrote 1 extra!), 4 for Phi Mu, 4 for Zeta Tau Alpha, 4 for Kappa Delta, and 4 for Pi Beta Phi.

We meet with a group of some other girlfriends and are sharing an Airbnb house while the men go off on their own vacation.

Anyways, I’m beyond excited to finally be here and experience Alabama recruitment! If anyone else is down in Tuscaloosa, I’d love to see them!

I hope you keep us updated with everything. This experience is foreign to me. Absolutely foreign. Decorating rooms?? SEC rush?? Emphasis on "cute"?? Staying while daughter go through???

I keep reading these stories. It's like a fantasy novel to me - a completely different world from what I know. Maybe if I read enough of them over the next 100 or so years I'll understand!

Thank you.