GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This is really Sciencewoman -- is anyone else having issues with password log in? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=234731)

generallygreek 09-10-2017 08:12 PM

This is really Sciencewoman -- is anyone else having issues with password log in?

I'm logging in with my daughter's account because I cannot log in under mine. I have tried resetting my password, and the reset emails are not including a new password when they're sent.

I stay logged in on my computer, but I tried to reset my password tonight to an "easy to remember" password for logging on via my phone for the Miss America pageant live convo tonight. The email I got only has my user name, not the newly reset password. I've tried it four times...and I'm not getting an email with a new password. There's a link to click on to reset my password, but without getting a temporary one to paste into the "current password" text box, I'm stuck. I've also gotten a couple of weird messages, like "Greek Chat says: no message." So, the system has reset my password, but the emails aren't telling me what it is.

There definitely seems to be some sort of glitch going on. Is anyone else having trouble with this? I can't even access the special paid suscriber help forum, because I can't log on.

Ugh....

Titchou 09-10-2017 08:19 PM

Nope - I have my login set to remember so I never log in myself...

NinjaPoodle 09-10-2017 08:56 PM

I'm not having issues either. Try clearing your cache.

generallygreek 09-11-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle (Post 2441332)
I'm not having issues either. Try clearing your cache.

The problem is that I'm not getting the follow-up email with the password, so I don't think the issue is on my end. After following the email link to reset my password, I get a message that says something like "you've reset your password. You will receive an email with your new password. Then you can change it if you'd like, blah, blah." But that email never comes, so I can't get in at all since I don't know what the new password is.

I've tried it 5 times. I've reset my password before without any issues.

Tom Earp 09-11-2017 02:09 PM

Same thing happened to dekeguy but, I have lost contact with him and am worried!

Titchou 09-11-2017 02:24 PM

Have you checked your junk mail for it?

NinjaPoodle 09-11-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by generallygreek (Post 2441372)
The problem is that I'm not getting the follow-up email with the password, so I don't think the issue is on my end. After following the email link to reset my password, I get a message that says something like "you've reset your password. You will receive an email with your new password. Then you can change it if you'd like, blah, blah." But that email never comes, so I can't get in at all since I don't know what the new password is.

I've tried it 5 times. I've reset my password before without any issues.

Oh, okay. got it. I thought this too--->
Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2441416)
Have you checked your junk mail for it?

Sciencewoman 09-11-2017 07:54 PM

My daughter suggested the same thing....and yep, the emails were in my junk folder.

Whew!

Tom, did Dekeguy check his junk folder? I hope you hear from him!

Cheerio 09-11-2017 07:59 PM

About two months ago I had a great deal of difficulty logging-in to GC. My older password (which was typed-in correctly) simply would not work. I never needed to make an urgent GC entry so did not worry that the older password would not allow entry. When older password FINALLY worked after 6-14 days I was unable to change the password. So I could only hope it would work again when I wanted it to.

I was able to eventually change to newer password, but that was three or four weeks after the trouble began and A) I have not tried to change it since plus B) the newer one has always worked. I don't recall whether the new password was in my spam/junk emails.

NinjaPoodle 09-11-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2441466)
My daughter suggested the same thing....and yep, the emails were in my junk folder.

Whew!

http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/icons/icon14.gif