GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

HotDamnImAPhiMu 09-01-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 3DeltaSupernova
During the first five minutes of conversation she proceeded to tell me that she had decided she wanted to be in one of the other two sororities on campus. (Great organizations, but how rude do you have to be to say something like that five minutes into an organization's first day party?)

Is it just me or do these girls usually go on to NOT join the organization they're interested in?

Which makes sense, really. If you're rude enough to be a snot at the Tri Delta party, and announce you'll ONLY go ABC or XYZ, why would ABC or XYZ want you? You're snotty!

3Delta, I'd count her as a bullet dodged.......

adpiucf 09-01-2004 02:14 PM

I know I mentioned this girl once, but this happened about 6 years ago, the year before ZTAngel came through... there was a girl who came out to recruitment. While the other PNM's were wearing cute sundresses, this PNM stuck out-- uber-baggy jeans, tons of chains, a rocker t-shirt held together with safety pins and some wild hair. She held our attention by telling us that in high school, she had learned to make homemade bombs. She talked about how to make them, the ingredients, etc... We dropped "The Bomb Girl"-- not a good fit. The other sororities followed suit.... she did get a snap bid at one of the sororities, and she took it. She was even a big sister the following year...

HotDamnImAPhiMu 09-01-2004 02:37 PM

^ ha! I'm not sure if the moral of that story is "beware the bomb girl" or "beware first impressions"!

KappaKittyCat 09-04-2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by adpiucf
I know I mentioned this girl once, but this happened about 6 years ago, the year before ZTAngel came through... there was a girl who came out to recruitment. While the other PNM's were wearing cute sundresses, this PNM stuck out-- uber-baggy jeans, tons of chains, a rocker t-shirt held together with safety pins and some wild hair. She held our attention by telling us that in high school, she had learned to make homemade bombs. She talked about how to make them, the ingredients, etc... We dropped "The Bomb Girl"-- not a good fit. The other sororities followed suit.... she did get a snap bid at one of the sororities, and she took it. She was even a big sister the following year...
Do you know what happened to the Bomb Girl? Did she blow up her sorority house, or did she mellow out and become a good sister?

Kallima 09-05-2004 12:47 AM

Last year was the only time I participated in recruitment from the inside. There was this one girl who came through that seemed to be a nice girl. Yet, she insisted on wearing sweatpants, ratty t-shirts and her hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in a month. Thankfully my girls were decent enough to look past her appearance...

However, when she started telling us about her involvement in gang activity and how she thought a sorority would mimic that, we couldn't drop her fast enough.

lonestaradpi 09-05-2004 12:56 AM

So it was the first round/day of rush. The Rho Chi (one of our sisters) knocks on the door and says that one of the rushees needed to use the restroom. Fortunately our downstairs restroom is close to the door and the Rho Chi accompanied her inside. The rushee took a very long time in the restroom and when she came out, she was very embarassed looking. Once the party started, her rusher said the she was barely interested in talking to her. Needless to say, she didn't become a sister at our house! She pledged our rival sorority and we secretly called her "the hsiter".

GeekyPenguin 09-05-2004 01:01 AM

So this story was told to me by one of my Gamma Phi sisters from a big rush school...it's the first round of rush and all the Gamma Phis are wearing pink sundresses. Many girls compliment them on their dresses, say they love pink too, whatever. This girl, and I quote, asks my sister "So did y'all plan to wear pink today?"

KDLady00 09-18-2004 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AOPiLaLa
This isn't a rush story but what XO princess said about the Kappa girl reminded me of something. When I was home for Christmas my freshman year(pre rush--we didn't rush till Feb), I ran into a girl I went to high school with and she went on and on and ON about how wonderful Kappa Delta was and how I really should look at Kappa Delta when I rushed and it was really the only house to be and everyone who was anyone in this world was a KD. When I told her we didn't have KD at my school, she looked at me all funny and was like "oh, your greek system must be really bad--KD is only at schools that are really good--I feel bad for you". Now mind you, we have 7 women's GLO's at Elon, all NATIONALLY strong, just not KD. The funny thing is, after I did rush and go AOTT, I kept thinking during voting in the later years, Man, I would have cut that girl--she is so not AOTT! I guess some people can go a little GLO crazy!!

Off the Subject but I seen that you attend Elon...I know the Tri-Delt alum from Millsaps that is setting up a new TriDelt chapter there!

JennRN 09-18-2004 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KDLady00
Off the Subject but I seen that you attend Elon...I know the Tri-Delt alum from Millsaps that is setting up a new TriDelt chapter there!
/hijack/

One of the girls I knew in hs was a Tri-Delt at Millsaps!!

/hijack/

KDLady00 09-20-2004 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JennRN
/hijack/

One of the girls I knew in hs was a Tri-Delt at Millsaps!!

/hijack/

Really!! Its such a small world!;)

KDLady00 09-20-2004 01:57 AM

Pledging Story

This girl we will call Sara went through rush and got a bid from a house that I happen to have several friends in...Well about 3 weeks into pledging she called our house and wanted to speak to the pledge trainer and president...the reason for the call is because she said she dropped her bid and wanted KD to know because she wanted to be a KD! I thought that was pretty ballsy!!

SoCalGirl 09-20-2004 03:39 AM

Maybe I should post this in the "PNMs, Don't lie" thread too.

A girl went through rush twice. The first year, she got a bid from a chapter that later closed that same quarter. She called our Pledge Mom and proceeded to leave various messages. She would say how she really wanted to be in our chapter. She also said that she was going to drop the first chapter and would do anything to be in our chapter, eventhough it was against the rules. We all thought she was a little "off" to begin with so this wasn't totally surprising. The next year, she flat out lied to a member. She told the member that she had not gotten a bid the year before due to dropping out of rush due to illness. Considering this particular member also went through recruitment the year before, and her best friend had been in the same Rho Chi group as her, she knew it was a bold face lie. She was pretty stunned because she had liked her up until that point.

33girl 09-20-2004 10:09 AM

Re: Maybe I should post this in the "PNMs, Don't lie" thread too.

Quote:

Originally posted by SoCalGirl
A girl went through rush twice. The first year, she got a bid from a chapter that later closed that same quarter. She called our Pledge Mom and proceeded to leave various messages. She would say how she really wanted to be in our chapter. She also said that she was going to drop the first chapter and would do anything to be in our chapter, eventhough it was against the rules. We all thought she was a little "off" to begin with so this wasn't totally surprising. The next year, she flat out lied to a member. She told the member that she had not gotten a bid the year before due to dropping out of rush due to illness. Considering this particular member also went through recruitment the year before, and her best friend had been in the same Rho Chi group as her, she knew it was a bold face lie. She was pretty stunned because she had liked her up until that point.
Actually, if she was still pledging at the time the chapter closed, she would have been allowed to join your chapter. NPC provides for pledges of a closed chapter to join another group without the year wait.

Although the lying puts her out of the running anyway, silly goose :)

KSUViolet06 09-20-2004 04:26 PM

We had a girl come through on philanthropy night- our most casual night of rush- wearing a lingerie top, a TINY pink skirt with very large bruises on her neck and chest that we all really think were hickies.

Not only did she have hickies on her neck, but during 3rd party (house tours) she criticized girls' rooms in our house and rolled her eyes throughout the whole tour AND the slide show!

SoCalGirl 09-21-2004 01:16 AM

Re: Re: Maybe I should post this in the "PNMs, Don't lie" thread too.

Quote:

Originally posted by 33girl
Actually, if she was still pledging at the time the chapter closed, she would have been allowed to join your chapter. NPC provides for pledges of a closed chapter to join another group without the year wait.

Although the lying puts her out of the running anyway, silly goose :)

She quit before that point. We did pick up two fabulous girls from the four NMs that had stuck it out. :D