GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   How do you stick something to a wall without ruining the paint? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=73149)

Rudey 12-09-2005 05:24 PM

How do you stick something to a wall without ruining the paint?

How do you stick something to the wall without ruining the paint?

Here is why I ask. I want to take something like clock numbers like this and stick them randomly on my wall in a pattern I consider art-noveau (but not new-age) and then put the clock mechanism in the middle (again on the wall).

So anyway, I want to stick all this stuff on the wall without ruining it. Help if ya can!

-Rudey

SOPi_Jawbreaker 12-09-2005 05:29 PM

3-M Command Adhesives

maybe try the poster strips or the mounting strips or the picture hanging strips

Rudey 12-09-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SOPi_Jawbreaker
3-M Command Adhesives

maybe try the poster strips or the mounting strips or the picture hanging strips

Do these work well? I remember those blue things that people used to put up posters and the posters always fell off the wall plus they left an ugly blue stain on the paint.

-Rudey

GeekyPenguin 12-09-2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rudey
Do these work well? I remember those blue things that people used to put up posters and the posters always fell off the wall plus they left an ugly blue stain on the paint.

-Rudey

I use them for a lot of stuff and they work pretty well.

SOPi_Jawbreaker 12-09-2005 05:51 PM

If you follow the directions, the adhesive strips stay on the wall very well and come off very cleanly. Those numbers look like they're pretty light, so they should probably stay pretty well. I don't know how heavy the actual clock mechanism is, but I think some of the adhesive strips can handle up to a few pounds.

jubilance1922 12-09-2005 06:07 PM

Those Command strips are the best. I used to work for 3M, and I got a ton for free, which I use all over my apartment. They make them in various sizes and shapes, so there should be a size that will hold up your clock mechanism.

Rudey 12-09-2005 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jubilance1922
Those Command strips are the best. I used to work for 3M, and I got a ton for free, which I use all over my apartment. They make them in various sizes and shapes, so there should be a size that will hold up your clock mechanism.
OK so this won't fall down all the time or like stay half on?

-Rudey

Tom Earp 12-09-2005 06:52 PM

Many New Wall stick ons being advertised. Can put on Wall and according to Ads, is easy to pull off when taking items down and are assured to Hold Items.

Guess it depends on the weight though!

Sorry R, cannot remeber the Name. Will watch closer to the Ad next time to let You know!:)