GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   CuriousWildcat's recruitment story at UK (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=79703)

CuriousWildcat 08-03-2006 11:18 AM

CuriousWildcat's recruitment story at UK

I am rushing at University of Kentucky in about 9 days (yay!!!). I feel like a late starter because I only decided to rush about a month ago. I had never really considered being in a sorority until my roommate mentioned rushing (she only wanted to rush to move in a week early, but now she isn't). I did some research and decided a sorority could be something I might really love to be a part of! I am nervous because I only found out about recs about 3 days ago on this forum and I don't know anyone who has ever been in a sorority. I have sent an email to get some contact info from my local alumnae panhellenic to try and get some recs. I can't wait!

OtterXO 08-03-2006 12:00 PM

Good luck! It's a fun and tiring process, but it's worth it! :)

TSteven 08-03-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousWildcat
I am rushing at University of Kentucky in about 9 days (yay!!!). I feel like a late starter because I only decided to rush about a month ago. I had never really considered being in a sorority until my roommate mentioned rushing (she only wanted to rush to move in a week early, but now she isn't). I did some research and decided a sorority could be something I might really love to be a part of! I am nervous because I only found out about recs about 3 days ago on this forum and I don't know anyone who has ever been in a sorority. I have sent an email to get some contact info from my local alumnae panhellenic to try and get some recs. I can't wait!

Best of luck.

Go Cats!

Jill1228 08-03-2006 07:10 PM

I added you to "Who is rushing" roll call

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=78364

CuriousWildcat 08-04-2006 01:10 AM

thanks!
I didnt even see that!

wildcatchick 08-04-2006 01:40 PM

Hey CuriousWildcat! I am also rushing at UK in....8 days! I'm really excited about it! I don't really know anyone who is rushing, but hopefully I'll be able to meet new people quickly.

I also never seriously considered sorority life until recently, but I think that choosing to rush will be of the best decisions I've made. Hopefully it will lead to a lot of great experiences!

See you at rush!
GO BIG BLUE! :-)

CuriousWildcat 08-04-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcatchick
Hey CuriousWildcat! I am also rushing at \
I also never seriously considered sorority life until recently, but I think that choosing to rush will be of the best decisions I've made. Hopefully it will lead to a lot of great experiences!

I am exactly the same way!

hannahgirl 08-04-2006 10:53 PM

Good luck to both of you rushing at UK!

Duchovnysfan 08-05-2006 02:32 AM

Good luck! cannot wait to hear wait happens! ;)

TSteven 08-05-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcatchick
Hey CuriousWildcat! I am also rushing at UK in....8 days! I'm really excited about it! I don't really know anyone who is rushing, but hopefully I'll be able to meet new people quickly.

See you at rush!
GO BIG BLUE! :-)

Yea Haw! Two Kittens rushing! Best of luck y'all.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Go Cats!

leesek 08-06-2006 09:00 PM

Good luck to both of you girls!!!!

I sure hope that it cools down before next week!!!!
I just left Lexington about 4 hours ago after moving my daughter into her new house. The Temp was 97 with about 90% humidity!!!

You will have the time of your lives at UK, it is a GREAT place to be!!!

GO CATS!!!

wildcatchick 08-07-2006 11:29 AM

Aww, thanks for the support everyone!

5 more days!!

honeychile 08-07-2006 09:11 PM

May you both be purring on Bid Day! =^..^=

_Lisa_ 08-08-2006 02:15 PM

I'm excited for both of you! I'll be around, helping out as an alum. I wish you both luck in finding your future homes!

GtownGirl98 08-08-2006 03:08 PM

I am so glad to see that there are two UK people. I think that I am helping out... I know that I will be at alumna night this week. Good luck for you both. Just follow your heart and not your head and you will find your home!

Just FYI... I just became the house association president... I am looking forward to working with Epsilon! Gtown is so different.