GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Cool Sites (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Food Network Humor (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=106494)

Gusteau 07-26-2009 09:43 AM

Food Network Humor

foodnetworkhumor.com

I found this hilarious blog the other day and I thought that those of you who like snarky humor and watch food network constantly would appreciate it.

Some of their favorite topics:
-How Sandra Lee is more concerned with getting drunk than putting together edible meals.
-How Giada slyly shows off her cleavage a minimum of 52 times an episode.
-How everyone is so sick of Debbie "I'm Korean" Lee on Next Food Network Star. We get it Debbie, and we still don't care.

Enjoy!

perfectinpurple 07-26-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1829150)
foodnetworkhumor.com

-How everyone is so sick of Debbie "I'm Korean" Lee on Next Food Network Star. We get it Debbie, and we still don't care.

Enjoy!

So true, and it's the worst "catch phrase" ever

AOIIalum 07-26-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1829150)
foodnetworkhumor.com

I found this hilarious blog the other day and I thought that those of you who like snarky humor and watch food network constantly would appreciate it.

Some of their favorite topics:
-How Sandra Lee is more concerned with getting drunk than putting together edible meals.

LOVE it!!!

AOII_LB93 07-26-2009 11:40 AM

Just awesome.

jitterbug13 07-26-2009 03:44 PM

My coworker showed me this site (and also This Is Why You're Fat). It is pretty funny. I liked the one when they called one of Sandra's guest a drag queen.

Also:
Calling Paula's husband Santa (I've been saying that for years) and Bobby and Jamie hillbillies.
Calling Guy bad names
Bobby and Tyler's egos
The Neeleys' sexual banter

P.S. I think they are really going to sick of Debbie because she's probably going to win NFNS.

Gusteau 07-26-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jitterbug13 (Post 1829200)
The Neeleys' sexual banter

P.S. I think they are really going to sick of Debbie because she's probably going to win NFNS.

I was so relieved to find out I wasn't the only one who thought the Neeley's were going to swipe aside the stand mixer and start going at it!

But Debbie definitly has it in the bag. I think they're correct in saying that she's been predetermined to win because she's something new that they don't already have. It really marks the sad trend on the network towards personalities > cooking ability. I understand that you need a certain personality to have a good cooking show, but I don't think having that AND a high level of culinary skill is too much to ask.

Kappamd 07-26-2009 10:02 PM

This website is genius.

LucyKKG 07-26-2009 10:13 PM

Hahah I love it! Thanks for posting this!

jitterbug13 07-27-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jitterbug13 (Post 1829200)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusteau (Post 1829206)
But Debbie definitly has it in the bag. I think they're correct in saying that she's been predetermined to win because she's something new that they don't already have. It really marks the sad trend on the network towards personalities > cooking ability. I understand that you need a certain personality to have a good cooking show, but I don't think having that AND a high level of culinary skill is too much to ask.

This is somewhat related to this thread but:

WHAT IN THE HELL THE JUDGES WERE THINKING LAST NIGHT????

If boring Jeffery wins, I'm through with this FN show.

And on FN Humor, I forgot about Ina and her gay posse!!

Gusteau 07-27-2009 06:16 PM

Wow, I can't believe it! Here's hoping for Melissa, Jeffery creeps me out - but so does Aaron McCargo Jr.

Kappamd 08-03-2009 01:12 AM

Bump

Do we know what sorority Melissa was in? I'm watching the midnight replay of the finale right now and she was talking about the influence of her sorority experience which I found interesting.

pshsx1 08-03-2009 01:14 AM

Must have been one hell of a dull chapter...

ETA: University of Vermont. Woooo

Psi U MC Vito 08-03-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kappamd (Post 1831649)
Bump

Do we know what sorority Melissa was in? I'm watching the midnight replay of the finale right now and she was talking about the influence of her sorority experience which I found interesting.

Just looked it up. She is a Alpha Chi Omega from the Alpha Iota chapter.

Smile_Awhile 08-03-2009 02:58 AM

The Alpha Chis on Twitter have been all excited about this ever since the numbers started getting fewer. I'm so excited she talked about us tonight! Congrats!

Move on. Anyway.

Gusteau 08-03-2009 08:58 PM

Guy Fieri (who I can't stand, ergo my love of Food Network Humor) is an alumnus of the UNLV Chapter of Alpha Tau Omega, he credits his brothers with his win on Food Network Star (ATO Video with Guy). Does anyone know if any other Food Network personalities are Greek?