GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   First Choice (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=20062)

TexasAGD 07-01-2002 11:44 PM

First Choice

If the fraternity or sorority that you chose to join was not at your school when you went through rush, what other one would you have joined? Why?

PiPhiJulie 07-01-2002 11:58 PM

I guess DG or Kappa. That's the others I preffed.

Lil_ChiO_Lady 07-02-2002 12:00 AM

That is a good question if I had to choose between:
Alpha Chi
Phi Mu
Dee Zee
ZTA
DG

I would have choosen ZTA, cause I know most of their girls out of all the others on my campus and there are some down to earth country girls. Very much like Chi-O.

I think every girl thinks about what if.... so that actually made me really think..... I was also told by them why I didn't go Zeta,but hey I got a pretty good deal...I must say.:D

I went through spring rush so I choose who I wanted to rush, it made it easier

PiKA2001 07-02-2002 12:03 AM

i wouldnt have have rushed at all. Pike was the only choice for me.

Peaches-n-Cream 07-02-2002 01:13 AM

I also received a bid from Alpha Phi so Alpha Phi. :)

KappaTarzan 07-02-2002 01:23 AM

i honestly think that my sorority was the only way for me to go.. without it i don't think i would have gone greek at all!! :)

phisigduchesscv 07-02-2002 02:23 AM

Phi Sigma Sigma only one for me

I agree with KappaTarzan that the sorority I chose was the only one for me. Phi Sigma Sigma made me feel at home. When I brought up the fact I'm in my 30's and a graduate student to the women who were at CSUDH trying to create a colony these women shot down everyone one of my reasons why they wouldn't want me. Phi Sig is truly one of the most inclusive groups I know and I just want to say thank you to Phi Sigma Sigma for not caring if I'm an "old lady" and a graduate student. Joining Phi Sigma Sigma has been one of the best things I've done in college and brought me some of the best friendships I have ever developed.

Diokete Hupsala - Aim High

maggieaxid 07-02-2002 08:54 AM

I was a Kappa Kappa Gamma legacy. So probably Kappa.

hannahgirl 07-02-2002 09:22 AM

When I went through Recruitment, I preffed DG and ADPi. Looking back, if I had to choose anything but DG, I probably would've looked longer at Alpha Gam. I dropped them after the first round of parties because I knew a couple girls from high school and only 1 of them (who was the recruitment chair) said hello to me. But looking at the chapter now....they are very close with our chapter and we all have about the same personalities. So my choice would've been Alpha Gam if DG was not on campus.

DeltaGammaStar 07-02-2002 09:45 AM

On my campus, we only have DG, Phi Mu, and Tri-Delt.

If DG hadn't been on campus, I wouldn't have gone Greek period. The others just aren't right for me. I was also part of our chapter of DG's first official pledge class.

Looks like things worked out at just the right time. :D

Colleen Erin

aephi alum 07-02-2002 09:48 AM

If I had to join a sorority, and I could choose any sorority on my campus except the one I actually joined, I would choose Theta or possibly AXO.

RedRoseSAI 07-02-2002 11:14 AM

If there hadn't been an SAI chapter at my school, I don't think I would have joined anything. Senior year of high school, I was POSITIVE I was going to University of IL, where I was all gung-ho to go NPC. Anyone familiar with U of I Greeks (not to mention their beautiful houses!) will understand why.

Well, I did get accepted to U of I, but ended up bombing my School of Music audition. So, I went elsewhere. Unfortunately, my alma mater's Greek system was NOTHING compared to U of I's. Trashy row, bad reputation, etc.. Disappointed, I decided not to rush NPC, and instead found SAI, which was more my speed.

Ironically, I ended up not majoring in music. Every now and then I do wonder what would have happened if I had gone to U of I and rushed NPC.

ChiOJenn78 07-02-2002 01:04 PM

If Chi Omega wasn't on my campus, then I probably would have chosen DG. I had a really hard time choosing between the two, and I really liked the DG sisters that I met during Rush. I had a couple of good friends pledge DG, and they really loved it.

LeslieAGD 07-02-2002 01:10 PM

Sigma Kappa was my other Pref and my second choice.

phisigbrookie 07-02-2002 01:19 PM

My school is very small and we only have two national sororities. If I didn't join Phi Sig I wouldn't be Greek. The other national on my campus doesn't seem nearly as close with their sisters as we are. I couldn't imagine belonging to their organization.