GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Delta Gamma Colony at NCSU (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=23655)

WhiteDaisy128 09-17-2002 06:40 PM

Delta Gamma Colony at NCSU

I'm so excited about Delta Gamma colonizing at NCSU. I'm a junior and getting ready to go through the recruitment process for it. My mom was an Eta DG, and I've heard about what an amazing experence it was for her and I can't wait to check it all out! I do have a question though...the National DG Web Page has the schedule set as follows:

Quote:

Expansion Schedule

Tuesday, Sept. 24: Presentation in Talley Student Center at 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Sept. 25: Interviews in Merry Monk Room
in North Residence Hall
Thursday, Sept. 26: Invitational Preference Party
Friday, Sept. 27: Bid Day

Saturday & Sunday, November 16-17: Initiation/Installation of
Eta Kappa chapter of Delta Gamma
Okay my question comes at the very last part...does the initiation/installation of Eta Kappa chapter of DG mean we will get a charter then (if I'm offered a bid, of course) or just become full sisters? When does a colony go from being a colony to a chapter? Isn't it with a charter? Sorry if these are really stupid questions. Thanks for all of your help! I really do appreciate it!

I'll let everyone know how the recruitment goes for me!

CJ

violets 09-17-2002 06:45 PM

Good luck WhiteDaisy128!

As far as I recall, the "installation" is when you receive your charter. Although if I'm not right much more well informed posters than myelf will give you the full story. These women who regularly post here are amazing!
As for your wanting to puruse Delta Gamma membership, congratulations! It is an amazing organization. It sounds as if DG is a big part of your mother's life, I hope all works out and you and your mother can be sisters as well as mother and daughter.
Best wishes,
violets

RockChalk 09-17-2002 07:22 PM

Yes, at Installation all the colony members get initiated and then you recieve a charter. I'm rushing a colony too, so I know what you're going through. Good luck!

FuzzieAlum 09-17-2002 07:40 PM

Installation and Initiation are really two different things but they're held the same time for a colony. Installation makes you a chapter rather than a colony and is the formal ceremony that grants the charter; initiation makes you full sisters. With any luck, the chapter will only be installed once, but you'll hold initiations at least once a year thereafter (although of course you can only be initiated once!).

CutiePie2000 09-17-2002 08:40 PM

Re: Delta Gamma Colony at NCSU

Quote:

Originally posted by WhiteDaisy128
I'm so excited about Delta Gamma colonizing at NCSU. I'm a junior and getting ready to go through the recruitment process for it. My mom was an Eta DG...

No, your Mom *IS* an Eta DG! :D
Keep us posted...we are all so excited for the newest chapter.
And yes installation is when you go from being a colony to being a chapter and you will receive your charter!

WhiteDaisy128 09-17-2002 10:35 PM

Oh, well yes, of course...my mom IS an Eta DG :D
I'm still new at all of this!! I am so excited! Thanks for the quick responses!!

Kevin 09-17-2002 10:49 PM

What a great opportunity!

If you have the opportunity to start something rather than continue it -- be aware that it takes a lot of work but it is worth it in the end!