GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Gamma Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   CONVENTION 2008 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=88377)

GtownGirl98 07-03-2007 12:24 PM

CONVENTION 2008

Okay... Lynn suggested it and I'm following through... here is the Official 2008 convention thread. Maria... could we get this stickyed to the top!

Here is what I know... June 18 through the 23, 2008 thousands of squirrels, both big and little (no not size) will desend upon San Antonio, Texas. So make plans now to be one of the thousands... I know I am!

(Conversations I'm having in my head... if I get pregnant in Aug then I will be there... but I can't get pregnant between September and October... but November and December are okay.) So I think that I am officially crazy now... planning childbirth around convention! If I go into labor, will you all visit me at the hospital???? Now that would be too cool!

AGDLynn 07-03-2007 08:08 PM

http://www.knibberanch.com/

One night we will be going to this place for great food, line dancing, etc.
Looks like loads of fun!!

(On a side note, one of the VST'ers made a comment that if the "cowgirl" on the VLC flyer had been on a t shirt, it might have been disapproved at EC, lol. )

I'm guessing maybe the ranch did it since it didn't include the Convention dates.

greeklawgirl 07-03-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDLynn (Post 1479355)
(On a side note, one of the VST'ers made a comment that if the "cowgirl" on the VLC flyer had been on a t shirt, it might have been disapproved at EC, lol. )

HA! I saw that as well and raised an eyebrow! lol

AGDee 07-03-2007 09:35 PM

For real? We're going to that place as an official event? That DOES look fun.

ETA: I was looking at that website and noted this: our 12,000 square foot, air conditioned pavilion and covered veranda is situated in the middle of a six generation, historic Hill Country ranch.

A wise lesson learned from Palm Springs when the dinner had to be moved indoors due to 117 degree temps?

I teased my mom that I wasn't telling her when Convention was.. I'm just going to disappear for a while and she won't even know I'm gone. Then maybe her sick karma won't kick in??? I also told her that she has to find a new summer vacation location cuz that hospital's food stinks, the service is questionable and the decor is ugly. They don't even have a pool.

AGDLynn 07-03-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 1479394)
I also told her that she has to find a new summer vacation location cuz that hospital's food stinks, the service is questionable and the decor is ugly. They don't even have a pool.

And you said you weren't at VLC!;)

Joking..partly, lol. The outside decor was fab!

mu_agd 07-03-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 1479394)
I also told her that she has to find a new summer vacation location cuz that hospital's food stinks, the service is questionable and the decor is ugly. They don't even have a pool.

So... uh.... it was just like the Duquesne dorms...

GtownGirl98 07-03-2007 10:06 PM

Sounds like it to me!

AGDee 07-03-2007 10:10 PM

Hahaha.. y'all are funny!

For those who haven't been on VST before, it's tradition to bring red, buff and green candy (and chocolate!) to pass around during the business sessions. I'm seriously considering ordering m&m's from their website, with AGD imprinted on them for 2008 Convention. They're really pricey though.

VandalSquirrel 07-04-2007 01:57 AM

So barring any more ridiculous health problems, I plan to come to San Antonio in a year. Has anyone ever brought a spouse or significant other? We were thinking of making it a vacation, and not that he isn't capable of entertaining himself, but he'd probably have fun golfing or doing "guy stuff" with the other Alpha Gam widowers.

GtownGirl98 07-04-2007 09:38 AM

Mine will most likely be with me.

AGDLynn 07-04-2007 10:42 AM

I am going to try to bring hubby but not have him come until the final day. This way I won't feel guilty about trying to split time with him and sisters. I get to see him almost 365 days a year so he can spare 3 or 4, lol.

He doesn't play golf. Plus if he spends 3 or 4 days hanging out with your hubby..what's left for us, lol.

VandalSquirrel 07-04-2007 03:52 PM

I found this link http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/ and there's obviously plenty to do. As much as I love golfing, I won't be doing it in the heat, and the mirror maze looks like it would freak me out.

Why do I have this premonition that while we're doing important squirrel stuff our men are going to be out trail riding pretending they are desperadoes or cowboys on a cattle drive?

DoctorD 07-09-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mu_agd (Post 1479401)
So... uh.... it was just like the Duquesne dorms...

Actually, there was a pool in Duquesne Towers! I'm serious!

I only know this because one of my committee members was bummed it was closed when she could have used it.

greeklawgirl 07-09-2007 07:08 PM

I heard there was practically a pool in some of those showers when the water didn't go down the drains properly...:p

mu_agd 07-09-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeklawgirl (Post 1482032)
I heard there was practically a pool in some of those showers when the water didn't go down the drains properly...:p

Was that because of the roaches blocking them?