GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Xi Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Dream Colonizations (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=144756)

Griffins&Quills 11-18-2014 11:00 PM

Dream Colonizations

Not sure if we already have one of these threads, but just wanted to see where everyone's dream colonizations would be!

DubaiSis 11-19-2014 08:07 AM

My big three would have to be Northwestern, MIT and Georgetown. I see those schools as tops in producing leaders in their fields.

Griffins&Quills 11-19-2014 10:17 AM

Since they're all open.... I want LSU, Georgia and Kentucky

naraht 11-19-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubaiSis (Post 2300006)
My big three would have to be Northwestern, MIT and Georgetown. I see those schools as tops in producing leaders in their fields.

Lane swerve, Would Alpha Xi Delta be OK with a chapter that had *no* recognition from the school? That would be the situation at Georgetown.

DubaiSis 11-19-2014 11:03 AM

I never let reality interfere with the fantasy ;)

Griffins&Quills 11-19-2014 11:08 AM

^ A girl can dream!

I'm sure there are a few others too, but I'd have to look through the list of schools. Alabama, obviously. Partially cause I'd want to see the amazing house that would get built.

DubaiSis 11-19-2014 11:16 AM

My instinct is we will be at Bama within 5 years, presuming their little diversity problem (which I don't think is a diversity problem; I think it's an alumnae problem) gets resolved. When the number of heads stops being counted in pledge pictures (oooh look, this chapter pledged 2 black girls, that one pledged 3, that one took none), then I think we will take the leap. Just my guess. So I'm saying 2019 for a colony, 2021 for a new structure. And look for it to be LEED certified and sleep 60 women. How's that for prognostication?

amanda6035 11-19-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2300025)
Alabama, obviously. Partially cause I'd want to see the amazing house that would get built.

You haven't been keeping up with the news about Alabama recruitment scandal in the last few years have you?

That's not a dream. That's a nightmare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubaiSis (Post 2300031)
My instinct is we will be at Bama within 5 years, presuming their little diversity problem (which I don't think is a diversity problem; I think it's an alumnae problem) gets resolved. When the number of heads stops being counted in pledge pictures (oooh look, this chapter pledged 2 black girls, that one pledged 3, that one took none), then I think we will take the leap. Just my guess.

You're alot more optimistic than I am. I don't see that happening in 5 years.

Griffins&Quills 11-19-2014 12:22 PM

No, I have. But I think it's a matter of weighing the issues vs the benefit. To me, it's a decision for the overall good of the organization to remain competitive. It's the biggest rush in the country.

amanda6035 11-19-2014 12:58 PM

Biggest doesn't always mean best or most successful, so I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Pretty sure our expansion team is killin' it these days anyway ;)

DubaiSis 11-19-2014 01:15 PM

^^^that^^^

AZTheta 11-19-2014 01:36 PM

*crash*

Arizona, please. You were wanted/selected a few years ago, and the real estate issue killed it. Now that the fraternities are self-destructing, I have hope for NPC expansion and would like to see Alpha Xi return to campus (along with a few other chapters, don't want to hurt any feelings).

xibair 11-19-2014 02:06 PM

On a very biased note, I wish for a recolonization at San Diego State. The letter I received in 1997 from nationals that we were closing Gamma Alpha still breaks my heart to this day. I didn’t like it but it needed to be done. We were struggling for so many years.
My other two wishes are: University of Arizona because my first little’s mom was from their and second, Florida State because my third little’s mom was from their as well. My middle little sister was not a legacy of Alpha Xi. Her mom was a ZTA.

Griffins&Quills 11-19-2014 05:21 PM

It is unfortunate that the fraternities are having such issues, but I would absolutely be happy if we could capitalize on that and get Arizona!

I went through the NPC Recruitment/Chapter listing and made a list, but it's kind of long. I had San Diego State on there too!

I believe we have an agreement to return to Cal State - Fresno, but don't quote me on that, and I have no idea when that will happen if it is indeed true

DubaiSis 11-20-2014 01:03 AM

The numbers don't seem to merit it at Fresno. Sometimes a weak chapter holds down the numbers and sometimes a chapter is weak because there's just one too many chapters (or more) on campus. It appears based on what has happened there (on numbers alone - I don't know the campus) that it was the latter in this case. I'd like all of our closed chapters to re-open, but this doesn't seem like a logical use of effort. For California, I'd rather see us at Long Beach. But even that is not as high a priority to me as Arizona, Kentucky and Georgia, if housing could be got at any of those schools.