GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Delta Pi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Stolen Badge (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=245674)

momof4girls 01-03-2019 04:19 PM

Stolen Badge

My daughters badge was stolen from her apartment in Lubbock, TX sometime between 12/21 and 12/25. It's white gold all saphire with the EE guard. If you see one matching that description for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

GreekOne 01-03-2019 04:41 PM

Which sorority?

sigmagirl2000 01-03-2019 04:47 PM

This is an ADPi badge we're looking for?

momof4girls 01-03-2019 05:12 PM

Yes, ADPi.

clemsongirl 01-03-2019 08:08 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that and will absolutely be keeping my eyes peeled. Is her grandmother's badge safe?

thetalady 01-03-2019 09:33 PM

Tell her to visit local pawn shops for a couple of months to look for it. I am sure she has reported the theft to the police. Sure hope it comes back to her.

ChioLu 01-03-2019 10:05 PM

Also check eBay.

Theta1234 01-03-2019 11:19 PM

Grrrr... I am so sorry that this happened in such a lovely, friendly town. I would second the Pawn Shops and Mike’s Gold (MGB) recommendation. It’s been several years, but we’ve recovered stolen goods that were trying to be pawned in Lubbock. If you take a printout of the item description with a picture to all of the shops—along with your contact info—it can really help. Warning—there are more shops than you would expect and sometimes they go to Midland/Odessa or Amarillo to sell the goods. It’s not hopeless. Best wishes on a quick return.

momof4girls 01-04-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsongirl (Post 2463479)
I'm so sorry to hear that and will absolutely be keeping my eyes peeled. Is her grandmother's badge safe?

Luckily, the last time she had been home, she forgot to take my mom's badge back with her. So that badge is safe and sound.

Evidently there was a rash of breakins in Lubbock over Christmas. They targeted the college kids that had gone home for the holidays. My daughter has been contacted by one of the TV stations for an interview. They are planning on running a story about the theifs. She is still working on her list of everything that was taken and should have that complete today. I went through craigslist yesterday looking for items...to no avail. Great idea about taking the list to the pawn shops. I'll have her do so.

sailboatgirl 01-04-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof4girls (Post 2463490)
Luckily, the last time she had been home, she forgot to take my mom's badge back with her. So that badge is safe and sound.

Evidently there was a rash of breakins in Lubbock over Christmas. They targeted the college kids that had gone home for the holidays. My daughter has been contacted by one of the TV stations for an interview. They are planning on running a story about the theifs. She is still working on her list of everything that was taken and should have that complete today. I went through craigslist yesterday looking for items...to no avail. Great idea about taking the list to the pawn shops. I'll have her do so.

Eek! I've lived here in Lubbock for a year now, and I can't believe there were so many break-ins! It seems so sleepy and safe here to me! Then again, I'm back at work and campus (and the entire town) is so dead in comparison to when students are here

navane 01-05-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2463481)
Tell her to visit local pawn shops for a couple of months to look for it. I am sure she has reported the theft to the police. Sure hope it comes back to her.

Yes, momof4girls, get that police report ASAP!! If the badge turns up on eBay or at some other seller, you will need that report to help stop the sale and recover the badge.

Other places to check: Poshmark.com, Mercari.com and OfferUp.com