GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Fraternity Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fraternity Rush Quotes (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=83131)

dpaden29 12-14-2006 10:09 PM

Fraternity Rush Quotes

Yo. I am a member of the Delta Chi Fraternity. I am looking for some good ideas and quotes for Rush Shirts. Anyone have ny ideas?

Tom Earp 12-15-2006 02:45 PM

I have one from LXA.

LXA on the laft where a pockect would go.

On the back:

100 % Lambda Chi

In the middle, the flag of LXA

Until the day I die.

Fit your colors and flag of course! LOL!

"Only way to fly is-----------!"

Good luck!

sigma_chi 12-20-2006 11:17 PM

On the Front we had our letters and on the back we had razing standards since 1855 and we had our house on the bag.

GreekRowRewards 04-19-2007 03:55 PM

Chicks dig us,
Moms love us,
and Dads just want to shake our hand.

jwsteele 04-19-2007 04:09 PM

We didn't do a slogan this past rush. Instead we designed our t-shirt like more of a skater-style t-shirt...we got our fraternity name done in professional readable but trendy script with designs and our crest on the back (also modified to look like a trendy skate shirt). This would honestly only work on the West Coast probably where that style (like RVCA/Urban Outfitters) is well known, but sometimes slogans make a house look like they're trying too hard in my opinion (especially if they're about girls and stuff). Good luck with the t-shirt.

macallan25 04-22-2007 08:03 PM

Most chapters I know of make simple rush shirts and give them to the girls.......pretty much the girls in top sororities.

Wearing your own rush shirt is pretty douchebaggish in my opinion.

WVU alpha phi 04-22-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macallan25 (Post 1434260)
Most chapters I know of make simple rush shirts and give them to the girls.......pretty much the girls in top sororities.

Wearing your own rush shirt is pretty douchebaggish in my opinion.

The fraternities here distribute shirts to the girls in top sororities, we all wear them during fraternity rush week (the week before sororities rush), and the guys insist every year that it's a huge help.

Most of the guys I know will get rush shirts but don't wear them during actual rush week, just after.

Tom Earp 04-23-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi (Post 1434329)
The fraternities here distribute shirts to the girls in top sororities, we all wear them during fraternity rush week (the week before sororities rush), and the guys insist every year that it's a huge help.

Most of the guys I know will get rush shirts but don't wear them during actual rush week, just after.

Great, but I would be in hope that they wear Letters all of the time!:D

Remember Rush is all of the time!!!:)

SigmaNuHX766 04-27-2007 05:06 AM

Harrison Ford,
Bob Barker,
James Dean,
and Charles Schwabb
wanted to be Sigma Nus...

*back*
RUSH
SIGMA NU

Adjust for your famous alumni, and screen print their faces on the shirt too.

KyleMcGuire1983 06-11-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigmaNuHX766 (Post 1436921)
Harrison Ford,
Bob Barker,
James Dean,
and Charles Schwabb
wanted to be Sigma Nus...

*back*
RUSH
SIGMA NU

Adjust for your famous alumni, and screen print their faces on the shirt too.

and Harrison Ford, Bob Barker, and Charles Schwabb all wound up Sigma Nus.....but James Dean didn't get initiated :-( one of the bigger disappointments...we really need to stop referring to him as an alum......unless UCLA moves to intiate him and petitions national and his estate accepts (there's a part in the Law that allows initiated previous candidates that were exceptional)

TSteven 06-11-2007 08:55 PM

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...869/shirt2.jpg

Still like this one for Sigma Chi! In case you can't tell, the Sigs pictured top to bottom are Brad Pitt, Tom Selleck and John Wayne.

SNUIGC 07-01-2007 03:56 PM

Well, I know that the one we're going with with has yoda on the front, with a snake around his neck and instead of a lightsaber he's hold a sword....the words below it reads, "The ENpire Strikes Back." (EN in greek letters, of course) .....which, for us works really well since we're a colony at Miss. State and just coming back.

...so, maybe something similar would work for y'all.

DDlegacy 07-09-2007 02:16 PM

yeah, as long as they are classy. funny ones are great, but nothing about booze or girls. It's self-respect as well as respect for others. You want to advertise honor, pride, and whatever it is your glo stands for. If you advertise sex and beer, you may not get the quality men or reputation you want.... and the ladies probably won't like coming over as often either.
Our fraternity men wear their shirts all the time--during rush and after.

yeah2311 12-05-2007 07:35 PM

well

well you good follow the delta chi's at miami (ohio)... "No one over 150 afrter 1:50". When asked about it, the president said "(The meaning of the slogan) is to be left up to the person reading the shirt."

PhiGam 12-08-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeah2311 (Post 1558218)
well you good follow the delta chi's at miami (ohio)... "No one over 150 afrter 1:50". When asked about it, the president said "(The meaning of the slogan) is to be left up to the person reading the shirt."

Hilarious!