GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Kappa Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Wedding Story-Check out a Soror's wedding on Oct. 20th (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=10735)

DELTABRAT 10-09-2001 02:35 PM

Wedding Story (per WenD08's request)

Ladies of AKA and Sisterfriends:

If you recall I left a message in the DST forum some time ago regarding a wedding that I was in that was taped for the Wedding Story. Well, the time has come. It will air on Monday, October 22.
3:00 p.m. (ET)

If you can watch that's all good, if not, that's cool too.

Just giving you all the heads up. My friend who got married is one of your Sorors and her husband is an Omega.

So it's a Black Greek thang, if you know what I'm sayin'.

AKA2D '91 10-09-2001 04:19 PM

A sista will be at work

What are their names and where was the wedding located?

That way when the repeats air, we will have an idea if it is their story or not.

Thanks! :D

Ideal08 10-09-2001 04:19 PM

Please...

... keep bringing this to the top, I'll forget, and I want to see this! I've never seen Black folks on any of the stories (baby, dating, or wedding). I wonder if there is a TV somewhere in the office... I just realized, I DO have a job, lol.

Oh, and girl, we know what you sayin'. ;)

AKA2D '91 10-09-2001 04:29 PM

Re: Please...

Quote:

Originally posted by Ideal08
... keep bringing this to the top, I'll forget, and I want to see this! I've never seen Black folks on any of the stories (baby, dating, or wedding). I wonder if there is a TV somewhere in the office... I just realized, I DO have a job, lol.

Oh, and girl, we know what you sayin'. ;)

Soror, where have you been? LOL. I have seen a few brothas and sistas on those shows. I've even seen a interracial couple get married in Hawaii :rolleyes:.

Ideal08 10-09-2001 04:36 PM

Re: Re: Please...

Quote:

Originally posted by AKA2D '91

Soror, where have you been? LOL. I have seen a few brothas and sistas on those shows. I've even seen a interracial couple get married in Hawaii :rolleyes:.

Well, I guess I have to admit (since you busted me OUT :p), I'm not an avid viewer of any of the stories. But I have tuned in a few times. Do they ever air outside of business hours? I'm not that big of a TV watcher. I just try so I can keep up, lol.

Steeltrap 10-09-2001 04:37 PM

I've also seen Black folks on the wedding and baby stories. Watched those shows like crazy, especially the baby story, during my recuperation after my surgery.

Diamond007 10-09-2001 09:06 PM

I would love to see this. Unfornately, I will be at work. So, I am hoping for the repeats........Oh! I could tape it thats a thought! Shoot then I have to remember to setup my VCR.....Dag!!!

DELTABRAT 10-10-2001 02:28 PM

Okay. The sho airs at 12:00 p.m. in Los Angeles so on the East Coast that would be 3:00 p.m. If you look at the website it lists 3:00 p.m. as the time and from what I remember, the people taping were from like, New York or something.

Their names are Angela and Derrick and they were married in Los Angeles.

I will be in Atlanta at the time and I think the time zone is EST so it will air at 3:00 p.m. I hope I can see it. I may have mt mom tape it.

Ironically, both Anglea and I will be in Atlanta October 19. She leaves on the 21st and I will be there until the 28th.

Are there any GCers in the ATL? What will be up that week? I am there for a conference but it is also Morehouse's Homecoming...yipeeeeee!!!

WenD08 10-10-2001 02:37 PM

yay, DeltaBrat! good lookin' out! thanks for responding to my email. my VCR will be set and my Soror mom will be watchin' as she recuperates from surgery. i'm a big fan of this show. on Monday, one of the women in Mary Mary had her wedding aired. her bridesmaids wore green, the flower girls, pink. very nice. for those who wish to tape shows, go to www.tlc.com and click on a Wedding Story. you can find out about the upcoming weddings. :D

sphinxpoet 10-10-2001 04:50 PM

Ever See

I like a wedding story...I know I know I am strange my favorite was my Frat Ron Married a Delta named Lakresha(sp) ! That was one of my favorites. I will set my VCR and check it out!

The Sphinxpoet:p

AKA2D '91 10-10-2001 06:55 PM

I didn't know YOU had it in ya!

Quote:

Originally posted by sphinxpoet
I like a wedding story...I know I know I am strange

LMAO!

Now, THAT'S a first!????????!!!!!!! ;)

RedVelvet 10-11-2001 09:33 AM

Re: Ever See

Quote:

Originally posted by sphinxpoet
I like a wedding story...I know I know I am strange my favorite was my Frat Ron Married a Delta named Lakresha(sp) ! That was one of my favorites. I will set my VCR and check it out!

Here's an update on LaCresha and Ron:
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/we...sharon_10.html
:D

lil_sunshine 10-11-2001 01:03 PM

Wedding Story

I'd love to watch, but I go to school two hours away from my house, so it'll be impossible for me to watch it. :( I hope they repeat it, which they usually do repeat these shows, so that I could see it on a more convenient day for me, like Friday!!! Thanks for the information, though. :)

WenD08 10-16-2003 10:05 AM

ttt...

Sorors and Sister- and Brotherfriends,

on Monday, Oct. 20 at 2pm EST, A Wedding Story will feature the wedding of Soror Tonjia Coverdale nee Skinnner from DE. i thought i'd share for those fans of the show. my VCR will be set for this one:D

Gina1201 10-20-2003 05:32 PM

Re: ttt...

Quote:

Originally posted by WenD08
Sorors and Sister- and Brotherfriends,

on Monday, Oct. 20 at 2pm EST, A Wedding Story will feature the wedding of Soror Tonjia Coverdale nee Skinnner from DE. i thought i'd share for those fans of the show. my VCR will be set for this one:D

She had a very nice wedding. It turns out that her husband is also a member of a BGLO, I believe he's a Kappa. Weddings make me cry so as you guess I cried at this one too. There were many of her sorority sisters both in and at the wedding. I wish them luck. I liked the fact that she had her mom walk her down the aisle. They looked SO pretty together. :)

WenD08, do you know how long they have been married now?