GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Delta Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   When can you wear your letters (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=35111)

JohnsDGsweethrt 06-14-2003 07:42 AM

When can you wear your letters

This just poped into my head today and I was curious about it. When can you start wearing your letters. Before or after you are initiated? I am know I wore mine before but nothing with the crest on it. I guess you wear your letters on your bid day shirt. I was just curious if there was a difference b/w that and wearing a letter jersey or shirt.

AUDeltaGam 06-14-2003 10:42 AM

I wore letters before I was initiated!

LITB!

AUDeltaGam 06-14-2003 04:29 PM

I wore my jersey (with stiched letters) before initiation.

WhiteDaisy128 06-15-2003 01:32 AM

I think it is DG policy to let new members wear letters...we are proud of them and want to show them off, not keep them hidden! After all - we picked each other to be sisters!!

The crest, however, is a different story...they have to know the meaning before they can wear that one! ;)

SxyDeltaGam 06-16-2003 12:18 PM

We couldn't wear them

We weren't allowed to wear our letters until initiation. We were allowed to wear stuff that said Delta Gamma written out. Our bid day shirts didn't have letters on them. We did have our letters on our Anchor Splash shirts but that didn't really count since there were letters of other orgs. also.

CutiePie2000 06-16-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WhiteDaisy128
I think it is DG policy to let new members wear letters...we are proud of them and want to show them off, not keep them hidden! After all - we picked each other to be sisters!!

The crest, however, is a different story...they have to know the meaning before they can wear that one! ;)

It was explained this way also to me by a National President.

DeeGeePrincess 06-17-2003 02:43 AM

Just to echo what everybody else said, we werent allowed to wear Letters when we were NMs, only things that were written out. The reasoning behind this was that NMs needed to learn what the letters stand for and what special value they have!!!

MeLikey 07-28-2003 02:26 AM

We couldn't wear billboard letters until initiation. We can wear the letters screenprinted on a t-shirt, such as bid day shirts for example.

SonatinaDG 07-28-2003 11:50 AM

At Akron our bid day shirts don't have block letters on them, Delta Gamma is always written out. We aren't really allowed to wear block letters until our Big/Lil revealing. The Big buys matching letter shirts for her Lil. Which is pretty close to initiation anyway. I know I didn't go buy my own letter shirt until after initiation, most girls don't.
Thats a good question, i was talking about that with some of the girls not too long ago.