GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Recruitment 2010 news (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=115268)

SWTXBelle 08-10-2010 05:49 PM

Recruitment 2010 news

I didn't want to start a thread just for TX A&M, but did want to report - over 800 pnms will be going through recruitment!

Post news from other campuses here.

AZ-AlphaXi 08-10-2010 06:28 PM

as of 7/20 the University of Arizona had over 900 pnms signed up.

carnation 08-10-2010 06:33 PM

Georgia Southern PNMs are at second parties right now. Several of us have heard stories of massive cuts last night.

Katmandu 08-10-2010 07:29 PM

Carnation, sorry to hear about the massive cuts at Georgia Southern.... ouch.

Is anyone here in the know about South Carolina? How many PNMs, etc.? I am nervous as a cat, since my God Daughter is going through recruitment at SC in a few days....Hope to have a story to tell.

Football Fan 08-10-2010 08:07 PM

Univ. of Southern California

USC is expecting around 800 pnms. Juniors have some good news. Two juniors per chapter may be pledged over the regular quota. They will not count on the chapter quota. Nine houses will take part in formal recruitment. SDT will have informal recruitment.

This may not seem too large compared to huge southern universities, but SC only has about 1,300-1400 women in the freshmen class. There are many sophomore pnms, but the majority are freshmen.

Katmandu 08-11-2010 10:57 PM

From the Oklahoma State Facebook Feed:

A total of 741 young women are on campus now, participating in Rush 2010 for the 11 campus sororities at OSU. Bid Day is Saturday and classes begin Aug. 23.

NUBlue&Blue 08-12-2010 10:31 AM

GCSU and GSU

Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville (GCSU)

Bid Day at noon!

Georgia Southern--prefs today, bid day tomorrow!

I'm excited to see where some of my son's friends will end up!

FSUZeta 08-12-2010 05:04 PM

please let us know NUBlue&Blue!

HappyKappaMom 08-13-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katmandu (Post 1966302)
Carnation, sorry to hear about the massive cuts at Georgia Southern.... ouch.

Is anyone here in the know about South Carolina? How many PNMs, etc.? I am nervous as a cat, since my God Daughter is going through recruitment at SC in a few days....Hope to have a story to tell.

My daughter said there are a record breaking number of pnm signed up at South Carolina. She didn't know the exact number but thinks around 1100-1200.

I hope your daughter's experience at Carolina is as happy as my daughter's has been. It's a great school.

Best of luck. :)

Katmandu 08-13-2010 09:15 AM

Thanks HappyKappaMom!

It's my God daughter, but I'm as nervous as if she were my daughter. I can't believe the numbers at these SEC schools! Her mom (also a greek) and I have tried to prepare her, but not sure anything really prepares you for those numbers. With only ten houses, quota must be huge. Her mom's sorority and my sorority are both on campus, so we are dreaming of one of those, but are totally realistic and have told her time and time again, "Dance with the one that asks you!"

Glad to hear you and your daughter love the campus and greek life there. As I say, I hope to have a happy story to tell. She and her mom are traveling to Columbia today.

HappyKappaMom 08-13-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katmandu (Post 1967833)
Thanks HappyKappaMom!

It's my God daughter, but I'm as nervous as if she were my daughter. I can't believe the numbers at these SEC schools! Her mom (also a greek) and I have tried to prepare her, but not sure anything really prepares you for those numbers. With only ten houses, quota must be huge. Her mom's sorority and my sorority are both on campus, so we are dreaming of one of those, but are totally realistic and have told her time and time again, "Dance with the one that asks you!"

Glad to hear you and your daughter love the campus and greek life there. As I say, I hope to have a happy story to tell. She and her mom are traveling to Columbia today.

Sorry, didn't read carefully enough: send my best wishes to everyone (you, God daughter and her mom!) involved! :)

carnation 08-13-2010 01:28 PM

Yeah! Our rec girl at Georgia Southern went KD!!!!!!

Katmandu 08-13-2010 03:11 PM

^^^ WooHoo!! Yea, Carnation's Rec Girl! Georgia Southern is an excellent chapter. Congrats to one of our newest Kappa Deltas and to her new chapter. (for having such good taste!)

sydney bristow 08-13-2010 03:35 PM

Recruitment at UK starts Sunday. So far, somewhere around 900 PNMs are signed up. We have 12 chapters.

Sue E. Pig 08-13-2010 05:23 PM

I've heard Arkansas has 1,000 going through. Forecasting 110 per pledge class.