GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INLINE AND ONLINE PLEDGING (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=100057)

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 10:38 AM

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INLINE AND ONLINE PLEDGING

I just really need to know the difference between inline and online pledging - what they are, what is GENERALLY done

Mind you, I'm not asking for specifics cause I know it's supposed to be secret for each organization. I just need the general info if you know it. Thanks!

knight_shadow 10-02-2008 10:42 AM

First, what the hell is inline pledging?

Second, no one is going to tell you anything about their pledge processes (specific or otherwise). There is no industry standard when it comes to pledging a GLO.

ETA: WTF. Twice in one day? *SMH*

Firehouse 10-02-2008 10:43 AM

(apology in advance...)
I think you can pledge online at the University of Phoenix.

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 10:46 AM

That's exactly what I'm asking you.

And either inline or online pledging has something to do with going everywhere together and doing things together during the pledge period and the other one is different. I need to know what each one means, cause they're both general types of pledging. Obviously if it was a secret, I wouldn't be asking about it.

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firehouse (Post 1726137)
(apology in advance...)

Well I don't mean online like on the internet

agzg 10-02-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firehouse (Post 1726137)
(apology in advance...)

Tee hee.

To the OP - there is no need to post two threads asking the same question. Perhaps the reason you did not receive a satisfactory response on the first is that you posted after midnight. This is a message board, not a chat room - these things take time.

And I thought there was only one way to be "on line" - now NPHCs and groups with similar intake processes are saying "inline?" Do they make their interests skate around for a while before letting them in?

knight_shadow 10-02-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurestarlightx (Post 1726140)
That's exactly what I'm asking you.

And either inline or online pledging has something to do with going everywhere together and doing things together during the pledge period and the other one is different. I need to know what each one means, cause they're both general types of pledging. Obviously if it was a secret, I wouldn't be asking about it.

Pledging period involves going around doing things together.

And why do you NEED to know what each means?

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphagamzetagam (Post 1726143)
Tee hee.

To the OP - there is no need to post two threads asking the same question. Perhaps the reason you did not receive a satisfactory response on the first is that you posted after midnight. This is a message board, not a chat room - these things take time.

And I thought there was only one way to be "on line" - now NPHCs and groups with similar intake processes are saying "inline?" Do they make their interests skate around for a while before letting them in?

First of all, this is the only thread I made so far so I don't know what you're talking about.

And that's why I'm asking what it is 'cause no one seems to know obviously.

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1726145)
Pledging period involves going around doing things together.

And why do you NEED to know what each means?

I'm doing a powerpoint presentation for my interest group, so we're making slides of different aspects of Greek life. I was lucky enough to have this one.

knight_shadow 10-02-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurestarlightx (Post 1726147)
I'm doing a powerpoint presentation for my interest group, so we're making slides of different aspects of Greek life. I was lucky enough to have this one.

I guess...

I'm assuming inline has similarities to being online. In any event, neither of those needs to be presented to an I/HQ as they can be constituted as hazing.

I think it's strange that an I/HQ would require something like that from an interest group.

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1726150)
I guess...

I'm assuming inline has similarities to being online. In any event, neither of those needs to be presented to an I/HQ as they can be constituted as hazing.

I think it's strange that an I/HQ would require something like that from an interest group.

Actually this is something we decided to do on our own, just to get better acquainted.

knight_shadow 10-02-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurestarlightx (Post 1726152)
Actually this is something we decided to do on our own, just to get better acquainted.

A powerpoint will make members of your interest group better acquainted?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

agzg 10-02-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurestarlightx (Post 1726146)
First of all, this is the only thread I made so far so I don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=100051

I thought it was you, obviously I did not look at the user name. However, it's interesting that we get the same (random) question over night.

FURTHERMORE, YOU do not need to give a snarky attitude to us, when you need information from us.

ALSO, OBVIOUSLY it is a private matter for certain organizations, and you should be going to chapter members for that type of information, instead of posting on an online forum.

Since when did we become the gurus on all things greek?

azurestarlightx 10-02-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1726155)
A powerpoint will make members of your interest group better acquainted?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Yeah, why not? We're discussing everything from how Greek life started, why Greek letters are used to different types of sororities/fraternities to stepping and strolling, and then to this which I have no clue about and can't find any info for.

MysticCat 10-02-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurestarlightx (Post 1726146)

Or they know, but they see no reason to tell you. ;)