GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   What to tell overconfident PNMs (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=87932)

33girl 06-21-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitownxo (Post 1470804)
Oh, I've got a great way to let her future sisters know. Another one of our co-workers is hosting a BBQ next month, and Ms. Blonde and Petite has asked if she can wear "her" letters. My friend happily agreed, and we're both planning on bringing our cameras and taking a few pictures.:)

Wow, you are the awesome. :) If I have any similar jobs, I know who to call.

PenguinTrax 06-21-2007 02:51 PM

MEEEOWW.

TrueBlueKappa 06-21-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitownxo (Post 1470627)
One of the young ladies I work with is planning on rushing this fall (she'll be a freshman). She has spent several hours looking at sorority websites to figure out which sorority she is going to join. She's mentioned several chapters that she thinks are beneath her, as she is "blonde and petite" and is sure the top chapter will snatch her up. In fact, she's bought some t-shirts with "her" letters on them already. A couple of us have tried to tell her that's it's a mutual selection process (you may have decided you're a perfect XYZ, but that doesn't mean XYZ will agree). She just looks blankly at us and says, "But I'm blonde and petite." Sometimes you've just got let someone do what they want...and be very glad that your sorority is not at her school.

Can you please make a recruitment thread for this girl??? That's one recruitment story I'd love to read!

cuteASAbug 06-21-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlueKappa (Post 1471031)
Can you please make a recruitment thread for this girl??? That's one recruitment story I'd love to read!

I second this.

AlphaFrog 06-21-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

I don't think there'd be much content.

Round 1: Visited all houses. Was recognized from photos.
Later that night: Phone call.
End of story.

SWTXBelle 06-21-2007 04:22 PM

End of story

I'd still like to read it! It's kinda like when the car that goes speeding past you ACTUALLY gets pulled over by the police!

ErinIsBadNews 06-21-2007 05:32 PM

Can alumni write negative recs or do we usually just try to concentrate on every PNM's positives attributes? :rolleyes: It would be nice knowing who we don’t want in our chapters without having to sacrifice not inviting back other great girls. I know this would probably never ever work but it would be nice.

dgdramadawg 06-21-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinIsBadNews (Post 1471156)
Can alumni write negative recs or do we usually just try to concentrate on every PNM's positives attributes? :rolleyes: It would be nice knowing who we don’t want in our chapters without having to sacrifice not inviting back other great girls. I know this would probably never ever work but it would be nice.

I know that multiple NPC orgs have a spot on the form for recs to check whether the PNM is recommended. It is totally possible to write a "negative rec" if you check that the PNM is not recommended. Why concentrate on the positive if the PNM is someone you wouldn't want for a sister?

SWTXBelle 06-21-2007 05:43 PM

Oh, alumnae write "negative recs" ( a bit of an oxymoron, but you know what I mean). I feel they need to be factual - not just "I don't like her" but "She has had 3 DUI convictions", or "She is already wearing your letters", or "She has made a habit of collecting ritual".Stuff like that . . .

Phimuteach 06-21-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWTXBelle (Post 1471164)
"She has made a habit of collecting ritual".Stuff like that . . .

Speaking of which......I'd really like to write a no-rec for the person described above. Though I have a feeling some of my sisters have done this already.

ErinIsBadNews 06-21-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgdramadawg (Post 1471161)
I know that multiple NPC orgs have a spot on the form for recs to check whether the PNM is recommended. It is totally possible to write a "negative rec" if you check that the PNM is not recommended. Why concentrate on the positive if the PNM is someone you wouldn't want for a sister?

Really? I had no idea! Some people like to look on the bright side of things, personally, I'd rather no the truth.

DeltaBetaBaby 06-21-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinIsBadNews (Post 1471187)
Really? I had no idea! Some people like to look on the bright side of things, personally, I'd rather no the truth.

The Phi Mu rec form is available on the private side of the website. It should answer your question.

chitownxo 06-21-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

I'm planning on it. It should keep me amused come September.

BetteDavisEyes 06-21-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phimuteach (Post 1471180)
Speaking of which......I'd really like to write a no-rec for the person described above. Though I have a feeling some of my sisters have done this already.

I believe that 2 is better than 1.

UGAalum94 06-21-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes (Post 1471314)
I believe that 2 is better than 1.

Are you all sure enough of all the details that you're really doing this?